Rory will dominate Mousasi

I'm a Rory supporter...But for him to win this he has to fight the perfect fight. Never leaving Moose comfortable in any situation. Constantly pushing the fight to different areas and level changing the shit out of him.

I don't see that happening because Rory fights with reckless abandonment way too often. He is a risk taker, as shown by taking this fight.

Guy is too psycho for his own good.

Should be a great fight. However, I'd love to see Rory hand the Moose his ass.

20161007_0203_Gegard_Mousasi.0.0.jpg

Hoping for a competitive fight but I think Rory gets smoked.

Mousasi's relaxed demeanor basically guarantees he will be underestimated for his entire career but the guy is a big time finisher and has fought extremely tough competition at much heavier weight classes.

Rory took a ton of punishment in the Lawler fight and really hasn't looked great in his last few fights (especially in his last one where he was close to losing). I think Mousasi puts him away in dominant fashion

Rory can lack confidence. Not sure if it was Lawler or fighting for the belt or what but you can tell in the first minute of that fight he's tentative backing away a lot which isn't normal for him. When he's fights like he's sure of himself and applying pressure/moving forward I think Rory can beat any ww but Mousisi is more experienced and the mw champ so I wouldn't be surprised if that gets in Rory's head.

Last edited:
I think the difference of weight class is more important than people are willing to admit.

Rory has always fought at Welterweight.

Moose fights at Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

I think Moose is actually going to be hard for Rory to take down.

It will definitely be an interesting fight

Been saying this since day one that Mousasi can't win without his takedowns. Rorys wrestling is amazing, he should win this fight anywhere it goes basically. If mousasi somehow wins, MUCH MUCH respect to him. I don't see it happening though.

Terrible understanding of MMA..........
Macdonald WILL GET PULVERIZED AND THEN YOU WILL see your logic and understanding of MMA is at a novice level at BEST!!!

Mousasi is bigger, has the superior striking arsenal and technique, and is good off his back.

P4P, sure - Rory is probably better. If they were both WW I would definitely favour Rory. But he's facing a guy who was a champion at LHW.

This is gonna be a real good fight for 1 round and itle be exciting but the round will still go to moose after that clearly moose is winning round 3 he tko rory if not he wins a decision plain and simple gonna be a good fight to watch either way

I can't seem to forget how easily Maia passed Rory's guard and mounted him before he gassed out. I understand that was a while ago and Mousasi isn't as great as Maia on the ground, but it still sticks out when I think about Rory's weaknesses.

Been saying this since day one that Mousasi can't win without his takedowns. Rorys wrestling is amazing, he should win this fight anywhere it goes basically. If mousasi somehow wins, MUCH MUCH respect to him. I don't see it happening though.

Battle of the well-dressed men.

Moose will make him pay though, sorry TS.

The 2nd Lawler fight changed Rory. Moose is bigger and can match Rory's skill set. Moose by TKO.

'member that time Uriah Hall KTFO of Mousasi? or when he went life or death with Schlemenko?

This fight is not a gimmie either way. It might be a very tentative chess match though.

I'm surprized Rory can still walk after the absolute shit kicking his legs took winning the belt.

no disrespect to macdonald but come on...

easy win for mousasi !

Rory has 2 chances at beating Moose. Mine and Buckley's! Moose will run through Rory like antlers through melted cheese.

Back