Routinely inconsistent

I was feeling incredibly lazy and didn't feel like doing it, but I'm glad I did. It was nice and easy, I got a decent stretch, and I feel extra relaxed.

Only downside was that the hot yoga lady was wearing a sweater and sweat pants.

Overnight shifts, and house hunting instead of sleeping has been killing me the past few days. Luckily, I found, and signed for, a house today for my girlfriend and I. I'm also done work at 8am for 3 days, so pretty stoked to go back to the gym.

In the meantime, I dusted off my CoC grippers and did some sets at work. Holy fuck does my grip ever suck. I'll definitely be doing more of these. This time last year I could close the #2. I'm now struggling to close the #1.

CoC Trainer x 8

CoC #1 x 3
Close hold for 10seconds both hands x 1.

Well I woke up, took some pre workout, and headed off to the gym. When I got there, those fuckers changed the Friday hours, and it closes way earlier now. So, I went home and just sat around the house buzzing off preworkout. I don't recommend it.

Later, I decided I might as get some CoC in. Already feels better than yesterday. Used some CoC elastic bands for my extensors. Definitely will do more of those.

CoC Trainer x 2 x 12

CoC #1 x 2 x 5
x 2 (my hands were giving out at this point)

CoC White Elastic x 2 x 12

CoC Green Elastic x 2 x 10

CoC #1.5 Right hand - closed once.
Left hand - oh so close.

CoC Green Elastic x 10

Now I'm about to do some yoga before bed. Then gym when I wake up.

Wanted to go to the gym last night after waking up, but I slept through my alarm, and the gym was closed when I woke up. I'm not upset at all though, as I slept for 12-13 hours. I feel like a new man!

Went this morning when it reopened, and i felt fantastic. Squats went really well, and so did bench. My elbow was a little sore, but no where near as bad as before. Gonna take the pup for a big ass walk, and maybe do some yoga when I get back.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
205lbs x 5
235lbs x 3 x 5

Bench
45lbs x 10
135lbs x 5
165lbs x 3 x 5

Bent over row
45lbs x 5
105lbs x 3 x 5

Got some meal prepping done last night. I normally make this every 2 weeks, but it looked extra green today so I decided to take a picture.

5E44B795-4667-4007-B6A6-03BD27B31DF4_zpsc2brrjl7.jpg

I wanted to relax with some yoga before bed, but to my fucking surprise, it was more of a workout. It still stretched my hamstrings pretty good, so I'm happy about that.

Played 2 hours of pickup hockey on Thursday after work. Felt really good. Broke my stick, so that kinda sucks.

My left elbow has been flaring up again. It's got something to do with the tendon, as I can see it popping over the bone when I bend/extend my arm. Trying various stretches and exercises, hopefully those help.

Should be back in the gym tomorrow!

Fuck, I can't catch a break. The elbow pain is sharper than ever, and now my shoulder on the same side also hurts like a motherfucker. Probably not the smartest idea to have gone to the gym.

Warm up sets for squats were fine, just felt the usual discomfort that I always do. Working sets, oh my. I couldn't get my reps in solely due to the pain in my elbow/shoulder. I still tried to push through, which was a dumb ass idea. I left after the squats, I just couldn't handle it anymore. Ah well.

Stretching and heat/ice the rest of the day for me.

Squat
45lbs x 8
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
205lbs x 5
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 3 x 3

I've been keeping up with my elbow stretches/exercises, and I'm slowly making progress. Decided to skip the squats to give it a break and see how other lifts felt.

Press and deads both went really well. The only thing I can complain about is the knurling on the deadlift bar. It must be new or something, because that son of a bitch hurt like a cock sucker on my working set. Got it up though! So all in all a good day. Elbow just had general soreness that I have everyday.

Now off for my yearly gun recertification. Woop!

Press
45lbs x 5
110lbs x 3 x 5

Deadlifts
135lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
275lbs x 5
305lbs x 5

Gave it another go today. Did bench and seated cable rows first (I used seated instead of pendlay rows due to less chance of fucking myself up). My elbow/shoulder didn't really bother me doing them, but when I started my squats, I found it really hard to keep my upper back tight and my chest up. Still got some squats in though, and all in all not a bad day. Now I gotta stretch, ice, and put heat on everything.

Bench
45lbs x 10
135lbs x 5
170lbs x 3 x 5

Seated cable rows
80lbs x 8
110lbs x 5
130lbs x 5
150lbs x 3 x 5

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3 x 5

Did some yoga this morning. My left hamstring is super tight compared to my right for some reason. Afterwards did my elbow exercises and through in some shoulder rotation stuff. Good day!

Tied a rep/set PR on my squats today. My elbow/shoulder were hurting a bit afterwards, but it was a good day. My OHP was struggling, and I didn't even want to attempt deadlifts, but I'll try and sneak those in tomorrow.

Stretching/ice/heat coming up!

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 3 x 5

Press
45lbs x 5
115lbs x 3 x 3

Wasn't feeling it today, went anyways, and squatted 255lbs for reps for the first time. Not enough to hit my target, but enough for a new PR. Benches were busy the whole time I was there, but got in some pendlay rows. Those didn't feel too good on the shoulder/elbow.

Now time to stretch/ice/heat everything.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
255lbs x 3 x 3

Pendlay row
45lbs x 5
115lbs x 3 x 5

After a week of moving things from my house, and my girlfriends, into our new place in the Falls, finally got back in the gym today. During the move, I ate pretty much nothing but shit food. So I'm glad that's over and I'm getting everything back on track.

I didn't over do anything today, just getting back into a groove. Everything felt great. I even deadlifted 315lbs for the first time in awhile. Ofcourse, my grip gave out, but the weight was flying up. Overall I'm happy with the workout back.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3 x 5

Press
45lbs x 5
95lbs x 3 x 5
115lbs x 3

Deadlift
135lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
275lbs x 5
315lbs x 4

Also, my girlfriend wanted to let everyone know she came with me, and will be starting to workout as well.

We're going to try and get her squat form to a decent level, and then possibly film her to get some more input on how to perfect it.

Squat racks were full when I showed up, with people actually doing squats. I wasn't even mad, just inconvenienced.

Started with bench and then cable rows. My elbow and shoulder were feeling good, and I had the best bench session I've had in I don't know how long (that's not true, January 4th was the last time I benched that much). Everything was good.

Squats were decent too, I was lacking energy, but still got everything up. Overall, I was really happy with the workout. Girlfriend got her second workout in too. She's liking it, even with DOMS.

Bench press
45lbs x 10
135lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
185lbs x 3 x 5

Cable seated rows
100lbs x 5
130lbs x 5
150lbs x 3 x 5

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
245lbs x 3 x 5

Great squat day, terrible everything else. Ah well. I'll take the rep PR on the squats and call it a good day.

It's just been a week, but ever since the girlfriend moved in, I've been eating a lot more good foods. Ive been feeling better with the squats (clearly).

Shoulder and elbow not feeling so good today. Doing bench before squats on Wednesday upset it. More ice/heat/exercises coming my way! OHP suffered, and deadlifts I had nothing left in the tank.

Now 6 straight night shifts. Should be interesting.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
255lbs x 3 x 5 (rep PR)

Press
45lbs x 5
95lbs x 5
105lbs x 5
105lbs x 3
105lbs x 4

Deadlift
135lbs x 5
225lbs x 5
275lbs x 5
325lbs x 2 (rep PR)

Last edited:
The past couple of days I've been looking into trying out the Texas Method. SS is starting to weigh on me (no pun intended), both physically and mentally. The weight the past couple of weeks hasn't been going up very well every session.

I find the TM is a good compromise of still making good progress, but not killing myself with attempting new PR's every workout. I also don't bench or press much with how my elbow/shoulder are feeling, so that's a wash. Deadlifts once a week doesn't bother me much either.

I rewatched the So You Think You Can Squat YouTube series, and I found some more useful tips. I maxed out my squat today to try and find weaknesses, and on my max, my knees caved and my upper back rounded. Not sure which one happened first. Got it up though, no matter how ugly it was. But with TM, I'll be able to incorporate assistance exercises on my Recovery Days.

Today's workout was forgettable. Oh well. Pumped for TM.

Squat
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 3
275lbs x 2 rep PR
295lbs x 1 PR

Bench
45lbs x 8
135lbs x 2 x 5
155lbs x 5
185lbs x 5

Cable row
100lbs x 8
130lbs x 5
150lbs x 3 x 5

Today was the first day of Texas Method, and I gotta say, I like it a lot.

Squatting volume was great. My muscles were taxed to shit, but I didn't feel like I was going to pass out/light headed after every working set. Which is a huge plus!

The lighter weight for my press helped in not fucking my shoulders, which was also good.

When I got to my deadlifts, my CNS was still intact from not killing myself on squats, and the weight went up really well.

I'm stoked for this program.

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
230lbs x 5 x 5

Press
40lbs x 5
100lbs x 5 x 5

Deadlift
225lbs x 3
275lbs x 3
315lbs x 5

Good recovery day. Back extensions are a lot more challenging than I thought they'd be. Can't wait to do them some more though!

Finally figured out how to utilize leg drive while benching. Oh man what a difference. Felt so smooth and effortless. But, it was only recovery day.

Elbow/shoulder are nagging me still, but not too much. Ice/heat/stretches continuing!

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 2 x 8

Bench
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
150lbs x 3 x 5

Back extensions
BW x 2 x 10
BW+25lbs x 3 x 10

Squats felt great today, new 5rm PR.

More importantly, I finally figured out what’s wrong with my shoulder/elbow. Cubical Tunnel Syndrome! The exercises for it are a real cocksucker. Doesn’t feel good, but its suppose to really help. Most difficult part will be to try and keep my arm straight as much as possible, even while I’m sleeping.

Ah well. Doesn’t hurt too much while I’m working out, so I won’t stop doing that. But I will be very careful/aware of limits.

Squats
45lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3
245lbs x 2
260lbs x 5 rep PR

Cable rows
100lbs x 5
130lbs x 5
150lbs x 2 x 5
150lbs x 8