Roy Jones finally retiring?

borntoloseNOT

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted, but here's the article I saw.

Roy Jones Jr., one of boxing's all-time greats, is going home to say goodbye to the ring.

Jones has announced that he will fight what he claims will be his final fight, a cruiserweight bout against an opponent to be determined, on Feb. 8 at the Pensacola Bay Center in his hometown of Pensacola, Florida.

Jones will headline the Island Fights 46 card that will include a mixture of boxing and MMA matches.

"You should call it my last day at the Bay. It's my last one for the Bayfront, Civic Center, Pensacola, Bayfront Arena, whatever you want to call it," Jones said in a video posted to one of his social media accounts. "So if you want to come to see my last day in Pensacola, be there Feb. 8. That's my last one there."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-fight-opponent-determined-hometown-pensacola

Think it's finally going to be his last? I hope so, I can't watch him lose to bums he'd have starched in his day anymore.

Furthermore, will you go?

Last edited:
Should've retired years ago. Hope he hangs em up for good now.

Always liked the start of this vid, probably not his best punch but prime RJJ was the biggest freak athlete to ever step into the ring. Hard to watch him get ko'd by guys he would've bodied in 2rds back in the day.

YOU WANT THAT TWO PIECE WITH MILD OR HOTSAUCE?!?!

Didn't see this posted, but here's the article I saw.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-fight-opponent-determined-hometown-pensacola

Think it's finally going to be his last? I hope so, I can't watch him lose to bums he'd have starched in his day anymore.

Furthermore, will you go?

I think he's just trying to rile up some wolf tickets in his hometown.
Then he'll say that "I meant last fight IN Pensacola......not my last fight EVER."

Read his words exactly.

oh boy, poor roy, he'll be paying for this in 15-20 years.

Who is sanctioning this, it’s getting to the point where licensing Roy is almost manslaughter.

He's in better shape than Foreman was.
he isn't fat but i'd say george was in as good of physical condition as he could have been, barring the fat. He'd probally have had to radically change his diet at his age. funny thing was, he was unimpressive in the performances where he came in lighter. Also, roy did look pretty soft in some of his later performances, like he wasn't training at all, it wasn't his weight because he'd weighed 190 before, he just looked very untoned.

His lack of chin is the only thing saving him. He never takes a horrible beating, he just gets his lights put out. I haven't been able to stomach one of his fights for years. I hate watching once great fighters slowly kill themselves for a couple of bucks and a few cheers from the drunken crowd.

His lack of chin is the only thing saving him. He never takes a horrible beating, he just gets his lights put out. I haven't been able to stomach one of his fights for years. I hate watching once great fighters slowly kill themselves for a couple of bucks and a few cheers from the drunken crowd.
there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who and how much brain damage fighters get. Guys who couldn't take horrible beatings like Terry Norris and Wilfredo Benitez have as many problems as guys who took tons of punches. I've often said that sometimes I really hate the sport. I've never liked seeing fighters who have no real chance of winning in a fight as benitez was in when he fought Hilton or like roy did in his kayo losses.

there seems to be no rhyme or reason to who and how much brain damage fighters get. Guys who couldn't take horrible beatings like Terry Norris and Wilfredo Benitez have as many problems as guys who took tons of punches. I've often said that sometimes I really hate the sport. I've never liked seeing fighters who have no real chance of winning in a fight as benitez was in when he fought Hilton or like roy did in his kayo losses.
Fights like Roy vs enzo make me question the sport. Ask anybody beforehand and it’s two fighters who are past it and someone is getting ktfo.

Last edited:
roy's a really good guy, that's what I worry about most, such a good guy, he does so many good things that people never even hear about and on top of that, he's great to the fans. It'll be sad when he ends up with dementia which is a given at this point.

roy's a really good guy, that's what I worry about most, such a good guy, he does so many good things that people never even hear about and on top of that, he's great to the fans. It'll be sad when he ends up with dementia which is a given at this point.
He brought Body Head Bangerz to international recognition. Like hasselhof reckons looking for freedom was the song playing when the Berlin Wall came down, can’t be touched is played all the time by skinny white guys in their best tapout shirts getting pumped for a session on the exercise bike and doing biceps curls as if that is the way to get swole.

He really can't go much further.Hopefully he picks a softball for his retirement fight and goes out on a win.

Back