ROY JONES JR GYM

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hi Guys, so I had a trip to Vegas recently and decided to hit up the RJJ Gym. So I thought I would give a quick rundown of my thoughts and share this video.

Easy to set appt, I called the gym directly, spoke with a man who provided me Gil's direct number. I placed a call to him and schedule the appointment quickly and easily, price was $60 for 1 hour private lesson. If you have not heard of Gil Martinez, he is on social media as "mastermitter". Do a google search and you will find he is a well respected coach with a strong fight and coaching history, working with professionals in Boxing and MMA.

Gil was a very friendly cool and down to earth guy. He seemed to enjoy his job and really did teach/coach me rather than just hold mitts, seemed actually interested in me improving and learning rather than just making a quick buck. I will definitely go to train with him again when I get the chance as I really did learn alot about boxing. We talked about a few of my strong and weak points in how i fight and worked on those. I also explained to him that I am a muay thai fighter not a boxer so he didn't try and make me change my stance or anything. Just worked on boxing and what I would find useful to apply to my muay thai.

The gym is a very nice large facility as you can see in the video

I was there on a friday afternoon so the gym was empty minus a few kids.

I was very impressed, learned alot, plan to go back, and highly recommend visiting this gym and training with Gil if you get the chance.

Last edited:
not sure why you are bumping this

it looks to me like its a money making scheme off the back of Roys name

Why is there an octogan there, why are people wearing thai shorts

its not a boxing gym in the slightest, it looks like a keep fit centre based on the back of a name

not sure why you are bumping this

it looks to me like its a money making scheme off the back of Roys name

Why is there an octogan there, why are people wearing thai shorts

its not a boxing gym in the slightest, it looks like a keep fit centre based on the back of a name

Bumped it to allow more people to see the video.

it looks to me like its a money making scheme off the back of Roys name? Roy is there coaching regularly as well. here he is with zab judah

Why is there an octagon there, why are people wearing thai shorts?
Many people that fight in MMA and other sports cross train in boxing, which is why there is an octagon there. People that fight muay thai, also cross train in boxing, which is what the guy in the thai shorts (myself) is doing. In addition to that, its also a business and most gyms now a days offer MMA programs as well as crossfit/cardio type things for additional income.

its not a boxing gym in the slightest, it looks like a keep fit centre based on the back of a name.

That may be how it looks to you and your entitled to your opinion, however I can tell you that the rings canvas is completely covered in blood, so I know some hardcore sparring goes down there. Also there are many professional and high level amateurs competing out of Roy Jones Gym. In addition to that, many top level guys from other sports (mma, etc.) train there as well.

Gil Martinez is a legit coach.

There's no one at the gym in those videos except you, another novice looking dude and a fat chick with blue hair. Seems odd.

There's no one at the gym in those videos except you, another novice looking dude and a fat chick with blue hair. Seems odd.

I am not in that video working with Roy. Zab Judah is in that video working with Roy.

Dunno what seems odd about that? Not sure what your trying to say?

I'll only join if 'Can't Be Touched' is on loop at full volume.

Back