Roy Moore gets donations boost after sexual assault accusations

Edgar Allen Poe did the same and he was 26 at the time so exactly twice her age. He would teach her algebra and the piano and stuff. Sounds really weird, couldn't imagine being in a marriage that resembled tutoring sessions but by all accounts it was a loving marriage until she died of consumption. Different time, hard to judge.
I would find it creepy no matter what era it was. The different time excuse is overused to absolve all manner of crappy behavior. If you are in your 20s and dating a chick who you are also giving middle school or freshman/sophmore tutoring to, that would creep the #$5 out of me.

Involvement of hated Gloria Allred & celebs ignoring innumerable similar cases in favor of this one. Not that surprising that there's pushback.

Involvement of hated Gloria Allred & celebs ignoring innumerable similar cases in favor of this one. Not that surprising that there's pushback.
Lots of Liberals and or Dem supporters are being rung through the ringer too. Charlie Rose is the latest. This whole thing started with Hillary supporting Weinstein.

I don't. I never said it was fact. I just believe the woman. There is no reason beside hearing her speak.

maybe you should familiarize yourself with Gloria Alred first, then formulate an opinion. .

maybe you should familiarize yourself with Gloria Alred first, then formulate an opinion. .
I know about her, I saw the interview and I believe the accuser.

BTW, I'm a conservative who votes Republican. And Im always very skeptical in instances like this. For some reason, I just believe her. I have no idea about the 9 others.

Last edited:
I would find it creepy no matter what era it was. The different time excuse is overused to absolve all manner of crappy behavior. If you are in your 20s and dating a chick who you are also giving middle school or freshman/sophmore tutoring to, that would creep the #$5 out of me.
I think its hard for us to put ourselves in the shoes of people in bygone eras. Children were expected to grow up much faster. Adolescence in some sense was a 20th century invention, before then adolescents would be considered adults in many ways.

I know about her, I saw the interview and I believe the accuser.

BTW, I'm a conservative who votes Republican. And Im always very skeptical in instances like this. For some reason, I just believe her. I have no idea about the 9 others.

if you believe the accuser, then you are not familiar with Alred. She might have a law degree, but her job is to create political theater and she has been doing it for a very long time. She is a complete charlatan and everyone knows it, which answers the question in the thread title.

Well you can't really say "no matter what era" when your whole basis is the current era. I mean we're still talking about guys looking for a wife, right, and not some sexual predator trying to bang a kid and threatens her to keep quiet? It's not my cup of tea, but I have totally seen chicks I thought were in their 20s who were actually only like 16, the age of consent in Hawaii is 16, it's 15-16 in Europe. I've always preferred older chicks myself, but if a chick is already done with puberty is sexually an adult, I kind of get the impulse to get with them before they've had 20 ex boyfriends and a ton of emotional baggage. Middle school is pretty fucked up, but anything after like 16 is physically an adult for girls.

So.

Can anyone else imagine the attack adds in other States if Roy "touching your tweens" Moore is elected to the Senate? That's not going to play well in other Congressional races.

Edgar Allen Poe was indeed as much a creep as a great writer.

But also living a few generations in the past. Where is Moore's excuse? The poodle of his 13 year old squeeze ate ALL of his civics homework?

That's not an excuse a potential Senator should be giving.

Well you can't really say "no matter what era" when your whole basis is the current era. I mean we're still talking about guys looking for a wife, right, and not some sexual predator trying to bang a kid and threatens her to keep quiet? It's not my cup of tea, but I have totally seen chicks I thought were in their 20s who were actually only like 16, the age of consent in Hawaii is 16, it's 15-16 in Europe. I've always preferred older chicks myself, but if a chick is already done with puberty is sexually an adult, I kind of get the impulse to get with them before they've had 20 ex boyfriends and a ton of emotional baggage. Middle school is pretty fucked up, but anything after like 16 is physically an adult for girls.
So chasing a 16 year old is ok because you believe they are sexually mature and wouldn't have already had 20 ex boyfriends?
wtf? is this just to defend your party or do you really feel this fucked up shit?

So chasing a 16 year old is ok because you believe they are sexually mature and wouldn't have already had 20 ex boyfriends?
wtf? is this just to defend your party or do you really feel this fucked up shit?
What's my party? I've never voted in my life and would just shrug my shoulders if Roy Moore died in a car fire tomorrow. It's not a matter of opinion to say that there are 16 year old girls who are sexually mature. I didn't like 16 year old girls when I was 16 myself, but they are physically mature, so that's not pedophilia. Funny how your definition of "fucked up shit" depends on the laws in your state. Is it fucked up to date a 16 year old if I'm 18 in Sweden or France, cause their age of consent is 15?

These are more than just 'allegations'. There is strong proof indicating he was a pedo.

" Donations pour in for Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore after he's accused of sexual misconduct with minors "

I don't even know what to say...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5097831/Donations-pour-Roy-Moore.html

I posted this in the other thread, seems that it's needed in this one as well.............

Ok, I'm not defending anyone, but let's get a few things clear so that we can discuss this issue corectly. Broken into 4 sections/types of accusers:

Why is this a story "accusers":
*Gloria Thacker dated Moore when she was 18. He ordered wine for the 2 of them and the legal drinking age was 19.

*Debbie Wesson dated Moore for @ 3 months while she was 17 with her parents permission. He read poetry and and played his guitar and they kissed a grand total of twice in 3 months.

* Becky Gray claims Moore asked her out when she was 22 and he was 30. She found that creepy.

'Troubling, but ehh' accusers:
*Tina Johnson claims Moore grabbed her butt when she was 28.

*Kelly Harrison said Moore asked her out when she was 17 - said he dated girls her age all the time.

*Wendy Miller said he asked her out when she was 16. Her mom said no and he didn't ask again.

*Gena Richardson: alleges that Moore repeatedly asked her out when she was 18yo senior and that he called her while she was in trig class.

The 'this isn't even possible' accusers:
*Beverly Young claims Moore tried to rape her when she turned 16 while she was waiting on a ride from her boyfriend after the restaurant closed at 10pm.

4 Former waitresses have established that many of the factual details are simply wrong. The restaurant didn't close at 10pm - there wasn't an exit out the back parking lot - there wasn't any unlit areas in the parking lot - dumpsters were on the side of the building; not in the back - other waitresses never saw Moore at the establishment.

' Very troubling, but doesn't sound like any of the others' accusers:
*Leigh Coffman claims Moore went out with her while she was 14. That he gave her alcohol and touched her over her bra and panties.

edit: Gena Richardson was moved from this isn't possible to troubling but ehh.

Last edited:
Hearsay would be if someone said "that girl told me he did this," but the girl herself wouldn't or couldn't substantiate it.

Isn't that the proof in this case? X told Y that Moore did something.

One of those women corroborated that Moore called a 17 yr old girl in the middle of her Trig. class and that she answered the phone and talked with him during class. This was in the 70's

As I see it there is only 1 allegation that should be looked into and I find it extremely odd that it hasn't been brought to light until now considering all the high profile elections that Moore has had.

Isn't that the proof in this case? X told Y that Moore did something.

One of those women corroborated that Moore called a 17 yr old girl in the middle of her Trig. class and that she answered the phone and talked with him during class. This was in the 70's

As I see it there is only 1 allegation that should be looked into and I find it extremely odd that it hasn't been brought to light until now considering all the high profile elections that Moore has had.

No, while friends and family members corroborating by saying that they were told of the incidents at the time certainly gives credence to the story, but would definitionally be hearsay in a court of law if the person who they said told them (the victim) was not subject to cross.

No, while friends and family members corroborating by saying that they were told of the incidents at the time certainly gives credence to the story, but would definitionally be hearsay in a court of law if the person who they said told them (the victim) was not subject to cross.

Told what though. This story is supposed to be proven by things that are unrelated. Grabbing a 28 yo's butt, asking out a 22yr old, dating an 18 yo senior.

The "attempted" rapes were never told to anyone. The 14yo told friends say she was dating Moore not that he touched her. The other girls say he was a gentleman and had parental permission or else they were of age.

Told what though. This story is supposed to be proven by things that are unrelated. Grabbing a 28 yo's butt, asking out a 22yr old, dating an 18 yo senior.

The "attempted" rapes were never told to anyone. The 14yo told friends say she was dating Moore not that he touched her. The other girls say he was a gentleman and had parental permission or else they were of age.

I don't remember the specifics, but the 14yo told others of the sexual interaction, as did at least one of the 16yos

I have never understood the "It was a different time" argument. It's always used to justify and rationalize away atrocious behavior.

People who employ that argument always think they have a knock down, drag out point of argument when they utter "Well, should we judge them by our time's standards?", to which I reply YES!

I posted this in the other thread, seems that it's needed in this one as well.............

Ok, I'm not defending anyone, but let's get a few things clear so that we can discuss this issue corectly. Broken into 4 sections/types of accusers:

Why is this a story "accusers":
*Gloria Thacker dated Moore when she was 18. He ordered wine for the 2 of them and the legal drinking age was 19.

*Debbie Wesson dated Moore for @ 3 months while she was 17 with her parents permission. He read poetry and and played his guitar and they kissed a grand total of twice in 3 months.

* Becky Gray claims Moore asked her out when she was 22 and he was 30. She found that creepy.

'Troubling, but ehh' accusers:
*Tina Johnson claims Moore grabbed her butt when she was 28.

*Kelly Harrison said Moore asked her out when she was 17 - said he dated girls her age all the time.

*Wendy Miller said he asked her out when she was 16. Her mom said no and he didn't ask again.

The 'this isn't even possible' accusers:
*Gena Richardson: alleges that Moore repeatedly asked her out when she was 18yo senior and that he called her while she was in trig class. Not only did he call, but she answered the phone.

Evidently this girl had one of the very first cell phones (invented in '71 and not available to consumers till '83) in the 70's and carried the bulky thing to class as she pleased.

martincooper1_wideweb__470x3620.jpg

BTW did I mention that thing cost $4k? Pretty high end item for a teen working part time at the mall. Oh and her friend corroborates this impossible story.

*Beverly Young claims Moore tried to rape her when she turned 16 while she was waiting on a ride from her boyfriend after the restaurant closed at 10pm.

4 Former waitresses have established that many of the factual details are simply wrong. The restaurant didn't close at 10pm - there wasn't an exit out the back parking lot - there wasn't any unlit areas in the parking lot - dumpsters were on the side of the building; not in the back - other waitresses never saw Moore at the establishment.

' Very troubling, but doesn't sound like any of the others' accusers:
*Leigh Coffman claims Moore went out with her while she was 14. That he gave her alcohol and touched her over her bra and panties.

You don't need to make up stuff with the cell phone argument. She was called to the principal's office to take the call. This is what she said if you ever read her statements. Making shit up just makes it look like you are pushing an agenda.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slat...ive_moore_her_number_so_he_called_her_at.html

Back