Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

Substantiated by multiple parties.

Innocent until proven guilty... or should we forget about that one cause we don’t like the guy?

Remember all those allegations against trump before the election? Now all of a sudden they’re all gone?

Most? I don't think we should give pedophiles a pass just because they occasionally try to nail a girl of legal age.

Again innocent until proven guilty.

If a dude in his 30's was trying to nail your 14-year-old daughter, would you still take the same attitude?

What was he trying to do really? It’s not like he just wanted to have sex with those young girls n that’s it. He was talking about marriage if I’m not mistaken?

Now 14 seems a bit young to enter in a relationship (I think in some states that’s the age you can actually get married), but should I be disgusted by that, but then encourage my 14 year old daughter to explore her sexuality n have sex with her classmates of same age n sex like a good progressives liberal? Should I encourage her confusion if she feels she’s a “boy” n shoot her with hormones n let her mutilate her body?

What if that same 30 year old was trying to nail my 18 year old son? Then I should just accept it as “normal”?

I think he was just talking about "traditional" family values TBH, and didn't put too much thought into it. Considering how much the slavery thing is being talked about, I'm surprised nobody is talking about how sexist his comments were, because it was also a time when women had few rights too ,and their place was in the home.

Like someone else said, you don't have to reach this far to make a big deal out of what Moore has said. He's got plenty of statements he's made, that wouldn't require such a deconstruction and reach to be made to look bad. There's plenty of ammunition out there. Why work so hard to construct a bullet, when you already have an armory?

He could had said the 60s or something like that.

On the first point: Violence in America has been on a steady decline since before the 50s. We are safer than we have ever been.

Funny how liberals will use the

“There were more mass shootings in USA than days in the year”

When trying to promote gun control.

So is the country safe or not safe?

Also funny how liberals will use black ppl to push their narrative.

I’m sure black folks in Chicago, New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis...

Don’t feel really safe considering they’re breaking records in murders per year.

But that’s k white liberal in suburbs is safer than ever before n that’s the only thing that matters, right?

And on drugs, one can easily see that the prohibition of drugs is the principle and practical cause of the rafts of killings over drugs.

Don’t twist it around. Ppl are overdruged as simple as that. Whether it’s illegal drugs or prescription drugs, ppl are simply overmedicated, which leads to other mental health issues n homelessness

On the second point: Saying oversexualization is the cause of sexual assaults is absurd. If you look at the most religious societies, that is where the sexual dysfunction is. America, a secular republic, is the best country to go to if you dont want to get raped, and if it lost this place on high, it would no doubt go to another secular democracy.

Actually that’s not true. Those “secular democracy’s” are amongst the leaders in sexual assaults/rapes.

Of course you have those African 3rd world nations, but after that it’s “secular democracy’s”

Everybody is aware what’s going on on college campuses where ppl get into parties, heavy drinking n suprise, suprise sexual assaults/rapes.

I do not see how transgenderism has harmed our nation. They are not even a single percentage point of our nation. I think the problem is the insane amount of promotion towards what it's adherents deem a natural state.

They are harming themselves n someone like you I’d not helping by trying to “normalize” their confusion. Them mutilating their bodies usually doesn’t solve the problem. They still deal with mental health issues n many will still attempt/commit suicide anyways

hiho Grimballer,

i am going to use my magic, IGIT powers.

*presto*

you are now black!

tell me, how interested are you in having me transport you to the early 1800s?

in alabama.

since them were the good 'ol days?

- IGIT

But nobody’s saying everything gonna go back to 1800.

Just some elements of that era were better than what we got today.

Let’s use black ppl as an example

Don’t you think they would actually benefit if they had a stronger family ties n everybody took care of each other.

Maybe then we wouldn’t see all these black kids being raised by single mothers n black on black violence wouldn’t be as high.

Just cause initially they didn’t benefit from “great America” doesn’t mean they can’t now.

That’s like women n blacks opposing democracy cause initially it was for white males only

But nobody’s saying everything gonna go back to 1800.

Just some elements of that era were better than what we got today.

Let’s use black ppl as an example

Don’t you think they would actually benefit if they had a stronger family ties n everybody took care of each other.

Maybe then we wouldn’t see all these black kids being raised by single mothers n black on black violence wouldn’t be as high.

Just cause initially they didn’t benefit from “great America” doesn’t mean they can’t now.

That’s like women n blacks opposing democracy cause initially it was for white males only

hi there Grimballer,

there's a wide eyed earnestness to your point of view that i think is kind of sweet.

reminds me a little of the recently departed ripskater.

what i would do (if you have the free time), is this; i'd approach a group of black americans and - in the spirit of free inquiry - put the question to them exactly as you put it to me.

- IGIT

ps - i'd also make sure any arrangements you have with your healthcare provider are up to date

Innocent until proven guilty... or should we forget about that one cause we don’t like the guy?

The entire notion of innocent until proven guilty is a concept that applies to state action. The state cannot take action against an individual for a crime until he has been provided due process and convicted. It does not, and never has meant, that the general public must blindly ignore accusations until that person is convicted. Conversely, it does not mean the public must only view a person as guilty is they disagree with jury's verdict. We aren't all obliged to praise OJ Simpson just because some jury rendered a retarded verdict.

So your suggestion that we have to ignore 30 accusers for Moore as we contemplate whether he belongs in the Senate, is crap.

Let's see, family life in the early 1800s:

-Sky-high infant mortality rate

-Wife beating completely accepted

-Raging alcoholism

-Teenage girls marrying old fucks

But everyone prayed and went to church so it was a great time. Oh and less divorces too.

hi there Grimballer,

there's a wide eyed earnestness to your point of view that i think is kind of sweet.

reminds me a little of the recently departed ripskater.

what i would do (if you have the free time), is this; i'd approach a group of black americans and - in the spirit of free inquiry - put the question to them exactly as you put it to me.

- IGIT

ps - i'd also make sure any arrangements you have with your healthcare provider are up to date
ripskater left?

ripskater left?

hi trident,

aye. i don't know the whole narrative, though.

apparently there was some kind of ban-hammer cataclysm whilst i was on sabbatical.

amid the all the tumult, ripskater abandoned ship.

- IGIT

Funny how liberals will use the

“There were more mass shootings in USA than days in the year”

When trying to promote gun control.

So is the country safe or not safe?

Also funny how liberals will use black ppl to push their narrative.

I’m sure black folks in Chicago, New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis...

Don’t feel really safe considering they’re breaking records in murders per year.

But that’s k white liberal in suburbs is safer than ever before n that’s the only thing that matters, right?

Don’t twist it around. Ppl are overdruged as simple as that. Whether it’s illegal drugs or prescription drugs, ppl are simply overmedicated, which leads to other mental health issues n homelessness

Actually that’s not true. Those “secular democracy’s” are amongst the leaders in sexual assaults/rapes.

Of course you have those African 3rd world nations, but after that it’s “secular democracy’s”

Everybody is aware what’s going on on college campuses where ppl get into parties, heavy drinking n suprise, suprise sexual assaults/rapes.

They are harming themselves n someone like you I’d not helping by trying to “normalize” their confusion. Them mutilating their bodies usually doesn’t solve the problem. They still deal with mental health issues n many will still attempt/commit suicide anyways

You are falling to right wing propaganda if you think major cities are smashing murder records. Detroit, Chicago, etc, while having numbers far too high, are also on a downward trend.

Look at New York. NYC is set to break their all time low in murders (2014, 333). Compare that to the 1980s lowest year (1985, 1683 murders) or it's highest (1989, 2246).

Dont point out others being fooled, when you are so in the diametric position.

His statement is clearly taken outta context by his political opposition.

The guy feels the country was great when there was common sense n ppl had traditional values. Is he saying it was perfect? No, like he stressed out there was slavery, however there wasn’t ssm, promotion of transgenderism, high crime rates, oversexualisation, drug use, hedonistic lifestyles...

Bro the country was absolute dog shit when slavery was around. You point to these fabricated ads attributes but skip over the fact that racism was THE default belief as was sexism, and on top of that, everyone's morals were fucked with absurd religious overtones.

That's a legal definition in a criminal case, nobody is talking about throwing him in jail... just not voting for the guy or supporting him.

In civil cases there is no presumption of innocence or guilt, it's 50/50

The weather next week in Alabama will favor Moore because it's supposed to dip into the teens.

His statement is clearly taken outta context by his political opposition.

The guy feels the country was great when there was common sense n ppl had traditional values. Is he saying it was perfect? No, like he stressed out there was slavery, however there wasn’t ssm, promotion of transgenderism, high crime rates, oversexualisation, drug use, hedonistic lifestyles...

1487368836078.gif

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...nt-crime-fascinating-history-sex-work-america
Take New Orleans, future home of America's largest licensed red light district. In 1721, there were fewer than 700 men settled in the whole colony of Louisiana, a number which excludes men held in slavery. The French government sent 80 women to the colony by ship, in the hopes that Louisiana's free men would marry these women and would refrain from having sex with Native American women. Many of the migrant women, however, had been serving time for prostitution charges in French prisons, and upon arriving in the colony found the sex trade provided them more independence than any arranged marriage to settlers.

https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/chinatown-sex-slaves-human-trafficking-san-francisco-history/
Men outnumbered women by a huge margin and it did not take long for Chinese gangs to exploit this situation. They set up brothels with Chinese women throughout Chinatown and anywhere else that Chinese men congregated. A sophisticated human trafficking ring got these women past the limited interference of American officials. They were largely kidnapped or tricked into leaving their homes (usually from the southern coast of China). In either case they had little choice in their profession, and they were treated more like animals than human beings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/books/the-first-slum-in-america.html
That is to say, we loathed it. The Five Points came into being almost at the same moment as America's raucous new penny press, and the newspapers dwelt interminably upon its alleged violence and depravity. Readers were thrilled and repulsed by tales of murder, mayhem and sexual license. By the late 1830's the Five Points was already infamous enough that tourists from around the world made regular ''slumming'' trips; visitors included a Russian grand duke, Davy Crockett, Charles Dickens and Abraham Lincoln. They shivered enjoyably before the countless bars and liquor stores and brazen bordellos; the squalid, lightless tenements and -- most depraved of all! -- the sight of blacks and whites intermingling freely. Like every American slum since, the Five Points became a hobbyhorse for social theorists. Southern politicians blamed race mixing for its depravity. Northern Republicans pointed out that it voted overwhelmingly Democratic. Protestant missionaries scrapped over whether its failings could be attributed to poor living conditions or poor morals -- or to the Roman Catholicism of the Irish immigrants who dominated the area by the 1840's.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/buyers/socialhistory.html
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ng-opiate-use-history-america-latest-epidemic
Most Americans didn’t need an opium den to get their fix, though. By then, opiates were the main ingredient in everything from teething powders to analgesics for menstrual cramps. Patent medicines – so-called because they often contained secret “patented” ingredients – flooded the market. Some served a useful purpose, but they also became easy methods to get high.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/02/heroin-addictions-fraught-history/284001/
With the exception of alcohol, opiate dependence is humanity's oldest, most widespread, and most persistent drug problem.

In 1997 Moore, said kids commit drive-by shooting because they are taught evolution in school:

"They're acting like animals because we've taught them they come from animals."

C'mon Alabama. Is this really the guy you want?

Back