Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

No it is not ironic. Remember, these people believe this magic guy who died 2000 years ago is going to come back and sweep them into an interdimensional themepark...........even though he made it clear he would be back within the lifetimes of his homies.

hiya hillelslovak87,

this is something i've always found endearing about "end of times" christians; the conviction that God is going to come down and ravage the earth in their time.

not 10,004 years from now.

not 183 years from now.

not 94 years from now.

its gonna happen in our lifetime. due to our specialness.

- IGIT

"I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

Yes he is.

Well of course if you have an agenda you’ll see it that way

He said the country was great 200 years ago, it just happens it was the time of slavery

Don’t think he implies slavery made the country great

Roy Moore in 1997 arguing that kids commit drive-by shooting because they are taught evolution in school: "They're acting like animals because we've taught them they come from animals."

Another gem from Moore.
+++WOW!!!+++

Charles Darwin BTFO!!!

Well of course if you have an agenda you’ll see it that way

He said the country was great 200 years ago, it just happens it was the time of slavery

Don’t think he implies slavery made the country great

hiya grimballer,

the thing that's excellent is his breezy, "even though we had slavery". he makes it sound like a minor inconvenience. like when a seed gets stuck in your bong.

i found it very hilarious.

- IGIT

I haven't read the entire statement, but the way it reads, he essentially says slavery was a negative of that era. Not that he supports it.

Now, perhaps he shouldn't be so dismissive of it. You don't "we had slavery, but" the issue, as if slavery was flu of some kind, but I don't see why you need sensationalize it like you are.

How can you defend it? Look I know you righties have an axe to grind against Blacks, but you make it too obvious here.

He is saying the last time America was great was back when we had slavery. I know he didn't explicit say what made America great was slavery, rather he thinks family values was the best back then. But family values was shit for Black people because they were property. So he obviously doesn't give a shit about Black families and what they went through, he only gives a shit about White families.

To say America was great back then because of White family values, automatically dismissed slavery as of no concern. What would you say to someone who says the last time Germany was great was back when the Nazis were in power, cause German family values was best back then.

He is dismissive of it. He thinks the last time America was great was when slavery existed. So he doesn't have an issue with slavery. Doesn't think it was bad.

He sure as fuq wouldn't be saying that if the slaves were White / his ancestors.

So White family values is the only think that counts huh? Cause Blacks were brutalized and raped in the same period, but that doesn't matter to some people.

It is also pretty dam stupid to say there was a downgrade in family values after slavery.

Depends how you look at it.

The “even though we had slavery” didn’t have to be there

He put it there to stress the country was great even with inhuman practice of slavery.

hiya hillelslovak87,

this is something i've always found endearing about "end of times" christians; the conviction that God is going to come down and ravage the earth in their time.

not 183 years from now.

not 94 years from now.

- IGIT

Yes, it is quite odd. Jesus said not even he knew when he would be back, and yet these people like John Hagee make bank off this eschatology. He made it extremely clear, to the point of annoyance, that he would in fact be back within the lifetimes of some of the people he was talking to.

The rationalization that is trotted forth to remedy this incoherency is always pathetic, and always ignores the text itself.

If Roy Moore was attempting to articulate the importance of family, and family values, then yes I agree with him.

But someone needs to inform this guy that slave families were torn apart, and America was not fucking great during slavery...and it spawned the most costly war (lives) in this nations history

He put it there to stress the country was great even with inhuman practice of slavery.

Then he could have said the 1950s, which is the nostalgia the conservative party runs on. There was no need to go back to the time of slavery, yet, like always, the fool reveals himself in ways he dare not intend.

"I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

Yes he is.
Is English not your first language?

But the country wasn't great with slavery, this is the simple point you are glossing over or agreeing with.

Yes, it is quite odd. Jesus said not even he knew when he would be back, and yet these people like John Hagee make bank off this eschatology. He made it extremely clear, to the point of annoyance, that he would in fact be back within the lifetimes of some of the people he was talking to.

The rationalization that is trotted forth to remedy this incoherency is always pathetic, and always ignores the text itself.

heya my friend!

if the "end of times" doesn't actually in our time, its probably much less fun to prophecize about.

- IGIT

hiya hillelslovak87,

not 183 years from now.

not 94 years from now.

- IGIT
Duh.

That doesn't change anything, because he very well could have picked an era without slavery.

It wasn't great. America could never have been greatest when we had slavery. It shows that he only cares about White families, not family values. Because he doesn't give a shit about Black families. How can anyone say Family values was greatest back then , when Black families were torn apart and brutalized.

How can you defend it? Look I know you righties have an axe to grind against Blacks, but you make it too obvious here.

He is saying the last time America was great was back when we had slavery. I know he didn't explicit say what made America great was slavery, rather he thinks family values was the best back then. But family values was shit for Black people because they were property. So he obviously doesn't give a shit about Black families and what they went through, he only gives a shit about White families.

To say America was great back then because of White family values, automatically dismissed slavery as of no concern. What would you say to someone who says the last time Germany was great was back when the Nazis were in power, cause German family values was best back then.

You just went full Libtard.

There was nothing confrontational about what I said, nor was I defending the statement. I was merely pointing out your sensationalist interpretation of it. You're simply mad that I pointed out the reality of his statement, and didn't jump on your hysterical hyperbolic bandwagon.

Seek help.

Of course he wants to go back to the 1860's. The age of consent then was like 13.

Back