Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

Are you suggesting he condoned slavery?

I'm stating that it is insane to say that we had great family values while we had slavery because slavery destroyed black families.

You cannot tout the family values of the nation during the slavery era...unless you're specifically excluding black families from that analysis.

They also want a comeback for all the shit the libtard posters took for when Hillary lost and Trump won. It BURNS them still MWHAHAHA!

8bcPf7d.gif

So much this! Reminds me of football when somebody would get owned and youd see them pop up and aggresively go after the guy that got him. Desperately needing that payback only to have the whistle blow haha

This thread reminds me of Homer's desperate desire to find dirt on Ned and then when there wasn't much, he blew what there was out of proportion:

Last edited:
I'm stating that it is insane to say that we had great family values while we had slavery because slavery destroyed black families.

You cannot tout the family values of the nation during the slavery era...unless you're specifically excluding black families from that analysis.

So slavery was a part of our family values? Im not sure where you are getting that from. They are 2 different things...

You don't seem to understand what "even though" means.
"Even though" is pretty important, I know it hurts your head to actually process it.
English is not english if you have to run it through a Roy Moore decrypter, so maybe its you who doesn't understand.

So slavery was a part of our family values? Im not sure where you are getting that from. They are 2 different things...

They weren't 2 different things for black families. They were the same thing because it was black families that were broken up for slavery.

Honest Question - are you unaware of that element of the slave era?

"Even though" is pretty important, I know it hurts your head to actually process it.
English is not english if you have to run it through a Roy Moore decrypter, so maybe its you who doesn't understand.

Yeah Moore condoned slavery.... lets all point and laugh at throttlehead

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-last-time-america-234233620.html

What is it with rightwing Christians and White supremacy. Not the first time Moore has expressed support for White supremacy. The Southern Baptists were noticeably quiet on Civil Rights or downright supportive of segregation. Pat Robertson and Falwell never supported the Civil Rights movement. Christian cultural chauvinism and White supremacy has a strong overlap.

--

Any of you rightwing Christians want to defend Moore here?

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction."

--

What are the odds he would say the same thing if Whites were ones enslaved.

Somehow I doubt he will lose any support from conservative Alabamians because of his comment; heck they probably support him even more!

I am not a Christian, and right-wing is probably a stretch, but I will say what he said doesn't sound bad to me. I think what's implied is he stands for family values, and he liked the family values at the time except for the slavery, and that everyone should have those family values (without the slavery).

They weren't 2 different things for black families. They were the same thing because it was black families that were broken up for slavery.

Honest Question - are you unaware of that element of the slave era?
That's an honest or incredibly condescending question? He specifically mentioned slavery as a negative in his quote. He gave the EXACT qualifier needed to keep you guys from getting emotional, but to no avail

I am not a Christian, and right-wing is probably a stretch, but I will say what he said doesn't sound bad to me. I think what's implied is he stands for family values, and he liked the family values at the time except for the slavery, and that everyone should have those family values (without the slavery).

Right but those family values meant taking black families and breaking them up so they could be sold for profit. THe only way his statement makes sense is if you exclude black families from the discussion.

That's an honest or incredibly condescending question? He specifically mentioned slavery as a negative in his quote. He gave the EXACT qualifier needed to keep you guys from getting emotional, but to no avail

So, do you think that breaking up families and selling them away from each other for profit is a positive example of family values?

Lol. Industrial revolution. Defeating polio and other infectious diseases, defeating Nazis, landing on the moon, age of the internet, exploring mars. Nah, America was of whack during all that. We need to go back to the 1800s!

Yeah Moore condoned slavery.... lets all point and laugh at throttlehead
The only point is on your head, you jump into threads without a clue.
No need to get all to laugh at you, everyone already was, flat earther non evolution climate denying fool.

Right but those family values meant taking black families and breaking them up so they could be sold for profit. THe only way his statement makes sense is if you exclude black families from the discussion.

Please explain when it was a family value to break up black families?

Yes, but I think what's at play here is people going through transcripts to find stuff to hang the guy on. Seems to me that he made a statement that would require a lot of nuance to make that absolutely clear, which he didn't take the time to get into. I don't think that's a big deal.

The only point is on your head, you jump into threads without a clue.
No need to get all to laugh at you, everyone already was, flat earther non evolution climate denying fool.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Im a flat earther now? Aw thats precious. You got me in a neat little box

Lol. Industrial revolution. Defeating polio and other infectious diseases, defeating Nazis, landing on the moon, age of the internet, exploring mars. Nah, America was of whack during all that. We need to go back to the 1800s!

We were already heading in the direction of federalism and big government long before the 50s.

Yes. That is partly the point. This yearning for the past is not ok. Our world is far better than it was in the 50s, and in sooooooo many ways, and yet these people, regressive entirely, want to go back to the time when our society was extremely selective on who and who was not acceptable.

Granted, we have forces in our halls of power doing that to this day, but we are in an upward progression in spite of those people.

IS it really?

With all the drug addicts n shootings left n right

What about oversexualisation that leads to all these sexual assaults? Why are ppl suprised these sexual assaults happen with such a sexualized society

What about all the confused individuals who are into ssm n transgenderism?

Back