Royal Rumble loophope

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but does it start with 1 guy or 2?

I seem to remember it starts with one guy and he has to wait for #2 and is bored and so on and is usually fucked to win the whole thing.

Over the top rope and you're out.

3 minutes per addition of another opponent.

So .... why don't guy #1 go under the ropes, leave, go for a drive, come back when there's one tired guy left and win the whole damn thing?

<seedat>

Edge did that for a battle royale on Raw

you could also bring a gun since there are no DQs

plant some mines at the entrance and just eliminate challenger after challenger

I seem to remember it starts with one guy and he has to wait for #2 and is bored and so on and is usually fucked to win the whole thing.

So .... why don't guy #1 go under the ropes, leave, go for a drive, come back when there's one tired guy left and win the whole damn thing?

<seedat>
One guy does wait for the second entrant but I don't think the bell rings until guy number two enters the ring. The intervals have changed a few times from 60, 90 and 120 seconds. Miz has done what you suggested though and try to wait it out until someone threw him in. McMahon and Austin both left the ring during a rumble. We've seen Austin and Roman be attacked outside and come back to win later in the match. Rusev and Santino were in the final two by pretending to be dead also. Neither were believable winners though.

I think Jerry Lawler hid under the ring for half of a rumble in the 90s. It's kind of a common move for a cowardly heel.

I think Jerry Lawler hid under the ring for half of a rumble in the 90s. It's kind of a common move for a cowardly heel.
yep and another time he landed on one foot and tried to keep the other one elevated until Bret hart stamped on it.

<seedat>

at one time you had until the next guy made it to the ring before you were disqualified, but the rules change to go with the story line. The 90 seconds or 2 minutes isn't even followed closely.

Road Dogg held on to the bottom rope for a long ass time once

I wonder if a royal rumble style match could work in MMA. Not in a cage obviously, but in a ring maybe?

There used to be a rule that if you weren't in the ring when the next guy came out your were eliminated, but I don't think they sue that anymore.

There used to be a rule that if you weren't in the ring when the next guy came out your were eliminated, but I don't think they sue that anymore.

That's a great rule if you're designing a real competition, but it becomes hard to follow mid match when the ring is crowded, and it limits some narrative possibilities when you're telling a story with 30 guys.

Has the ring ever been emptied and there be this awkward wait for two more to start it back up?

Has the ring ever been emptied and there be this awkward wait for two more to start it back up?

After Taker was eliminated by Maven in 02 then proceeded to eliminate and beat down Maven across the arena, I believe Taker socked Scotty 2 Hotty before he got in the ring leaving it empty for a bit.

CM Punk talking shit during the match was my favorite Rumble. Also Austin sitting on the turnbuckle drinking beer while waiting for his next opponent was also good.

at one time you had until the next guy made it to the ring before you were disqualified, but the rules change to go with the story line. The 90 seconds or 2 minutes isn't even followed closely.

This guy knows what's up. The time interval is completely dependant on the completion of particular spits in the match

I hate how sometimes guys who were eliminated can pull other people out and it counts and other times it doesn't..basically i hate that WWE thinks fans have the memory of an earthworm

I hate how sometimes guys who were eliminated can pull other people out and it counts and other times it doesn't..basically i hate that WWE thinks fans have the memory of an earthworm

C801arTXsAAk-32.jpg

Jimmy Hart is the first guy I remember pulling the Jon Jones during a Royale.

Jimmy Hart is the first guy I remember pulling the Jon Jones during a Royale.

He crashed his car into the timekeeper and ran of with a bag of coke?

Back