Royal Rumble loophope

Correct me if I'm wrong but does it start with 1 guy or 2?

I seem to remember it starts with one guy and he has to wait for #2 and is bored and so on and is usually fucked to win the whole thing.

Over the top rope and you're out.

3 minutes per addition of another opponent.

So .... why don't guy #1 go under the ropes, leave, go for a drive, come back when there's one tired guy left and win the whole damn thing?

<seedat>

One guy does wait for the second entrant but I don't think the bell rings until guy number two enters the ring. The intervals have changed a few times from 60, 90 and 120 seconds. Miz has done what you suggested though and try to wait it out until someone threw him in. McMahon and Austin both left the ring during a rumble. We've seen Austin and Roman be attacked outside and come back to win later in the match. Rusev and Santino were in the final two by pretending to be dead also. Neither were believable winners though.

The match starts with the first two guys. No. 1 comes out, then No. 2 comes out and the bell rings to start the match. No. 1 doesn't stand there waiting for 90 seconds/2 minutes for No. 2 to come out after the match starts. Here, the Fink gives the rules before the 1997 Rumble:

Vince sort of did what you're talking about when he won in 1999. If I remember right he had the Corporation attack Austin (No. 1) - although they didn't eliminate him - and then Vince (No. 2) hung out and sat in on commentary for the bulk of the match until they both eventually ended up back in the ring and Vince won.

Roman Reigns, in the One Versus All match a couple years ago, had something similar happen when the LON "injured" him, but he wasn't eliminated, and he went to the back for a half hour or so and then came back into the match, but he didn't win. I think it was the same year that Miz just went right to the announcers' table and stayed there until he saw a good opportunity to enter. The PBP thread talked about the rule @D.R.H. mentioned whereby you had to enter the ring before the next guy came out or else you were eliminated - they apparently forgot about that rule for that year.

As for why the first guy doesn't take a powder, of course that makes sense, but then it would make sense for all 30 guys to follow suit and then you wouldn't have a match. It's kind of like how the bad guys in a movie will wait for the hero to beat one up before the next one runs at him, instead of attacking at the same time.

The one that always bugged me, even as a kid, though, was when Ax and Smash of Demolition were No. 1 and No. 2 and immediately started fighting instead of waiting for No. 3 to come out, double teaming him, eliminating him, and waiting for No. 4 until they had eliminated everyone - then they should have fought. Stupid guys. No wonder the New Day broke their record.

WTF is a loophope? Is it when you get stuck in a circle of misery and hope.

WTF is a loophope? Is it when you get stuck in a circle of misery and hope.

louis-pohl-gallery-first-friday-mark-n-brown-chinatown-plein-air-art-exhibit-61201642744.jpg

Back