RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you agree or not?

I don't think Miesha can be blamed for that. She was obviously with him & trying & giving him support.
When it was obvious to her that he gave up, she was rightfully pissed off.

But I am not a MMA fighter like some are on here, so I am curious if they agree with RR or not.

Try & leave the RR or Tate hate out of this (if possible) - :)

You don't think Meisha is to blame? I know she isn't. I'd love to see someone try and think of any reason or argument as to why she would be when she has nothing to do with any of the fighters cutting weight. It's their own job. There's nothing to discuss really.

I honestly thought Ronda would come down on Cody, but remarkably she finds a way to blame Meisha.

You don't think Meisha is to blame? I know she isn't. I'd love to see someone try and think of any reason or argument as to why she would be when she has nothing to do with any of the fighters cutting weight. It's their own job. There's nothing to discuss really.

That was my thought, but RR telling her team of fighters that it is a coaches job made me wonder what others thought

I know obviously it might be different in a real camp than on TUF too

Ronda is so far removed from reality she place the blame on Tate without even seeing as much as we did. You cannot force people to stay in a competition they want to quit.

Sure Meisha may have needed to monitor her fighters weigh closer to make sure the weight was being cut earlier if he was that high, but in the end she can't make him cut it early or later. Honestly, my biggest issue with it isn't that Ronda blamed Meisha for the weight issue, as much as, it is she made it a point to make sure she told her team "Meisha threw Cody under the bus." No she didn't she said she tried to get him to make the cut and was disappointed he didn't try. Cody said he mental broke, and Dana said it was Cody fault. Only Ronda felt the need to make it seem like Meisha is selling her own fighters out and talking bad about them. I don't see any reason she needs to go out of her way to try and get her team to have a bad image of how Meisha treats her team or any fighters. Let them experience things and come up with their own decision about Meisha rather than implanting that type of skewed information into their minds. If Ronda wants to talk random crap about her and Meisha's relationship that's fine, but don't try to make others think Meisha is some type of evil two faced person towards the fighters she's trains or other fighter in general.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with it isn't that Ronda blamed Meisha for the weight issue, as much as, it is she made it a point to make sure she told her team "Meisha threw Cody under the bus." I don't see any reason she needs to go out of her way to try and get her team to have a bad image of Meisha. Let them experience things and come up with their own decision about Meisha rather than implanting that type of skewed information into their minds.

But she has been doing that for awhile
Remember the "this is racist, why is noing agreeing with me?" rant

But she has been doing that for awhile
Remember the "this is racist, why is noing agreeing with me?" rant

Yes, similar issue of Ronda making a bigger issue out of things in order to make Meisha into something more than what the matter should have been about. I think that Ronda's way of trying to get her team fired up and mad hoping they take that into the cage with them in the fight. In my view its a weak way of creating that energy and in most cases its not working for the team. Her fighters are worried about winning their fights not worried about the feud. But in terms or creating an skewed image of Meisha this may be worse in terms a person who doesn't know much about Meisha in the fact that Ronda was trying to say Meisha isn't even respecting even her own team members. Which adds some trust issue into the equation. I go no problem with her throwing a "I hate Meisha fit" about random things, but don't make something more out of things to make others think she not even loyal or even respectful to those on her team or even the other contestants on the show. I hope some of the fighters on Ronda's team are a little more open minded than that.

Last edited:
I think it was more the way Meisha threw Cody under the bus and said how what he did was pathetic to Dana (not saying that it wasn't pathetic). It just seems like a difference in coaching philosophy.

Yes, same issue. I go no problem with her throwing a "I hate Meisha fit" about random things, but don't make something more out of things to make others think she not even loyal or even respectful to those on her team or even the other contestants on the show. I hope some of the fighters on Ronda's team are a little more open minded than that.

One thing nobody brings up about "fake Miesha", is TUF has yet to show Miesha trying to get her team to rally against RR, unlike the other way around

Right on time, the "can you believe what Ronda said" thread. lol

I think it was more the way Meisha threw Cody under the bus and said how what he did was pathetic to Dana (not saying that it wasn't pathetic). It just seems like a difference in coaching philosophy.

She did both
She blamed Tate for the missed weight as well

I agree with Ronda on this one.

Team Tate HAS A NUTRITIONIST on their team. What the hell is the Nutritionist's job? It is to get the fighters to not only make weight but to prep them for 3 rounds of 5 minutes come fight time. It is on Meisha to make one of her coaches a nutritionist....and it should be on Tate/Nutritionist to be up to date with their fighters on a weekly, if not daily basis as far as their diet goes and their weight. It should never be a shocker a few days before Cody's fight that he is struggling.

I get you can lead the horse to water but you can't force it to drink but it is unfathomable to think that Cody's struggling to cut weight suddenly hit Team Tate a few days before his fight and not 3 or 4 weeks before his fight. That is just not doing your due diligence.

The nutritionist had the nerve to yell at Chris Beal for "Eating Biscuits with Gravy" after Beal lost his fight......one of your fighters can't even cut weight dude. I mean really?

Why is it that Caraway is the one trying to motivate Cody and help him out and give him tips/pointers?

Maybe Tate should have focused more on her team making weight and less on pranks.

The nutritionist had the nerve to yell at Chris Beal for "Eating Biscuits with Gravy" after Beal lost his fight......one of your fighters can't even cut weight dude. I mean really?

That is a good point

Maybe Tate should have focused more on her team making weight and less on pranks.

Or less on her looks. Only coach I've ever seen do her hair up like that to go corner a fight, get into full makeup like she was going to a cover shoot. Pathetic.

Does anyone else think Rhonda is crazy? Like she actually has a personality disorder or something?

Yeah because one has to do with the other

This thread actually went a bit before the first biased reply - good job Sherdog :)

Back