RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

But they do my man
I started this thread to get a pulse from a lot of people, not just you (although your points are very valid)
You keep saying it like I am wrong (lol) - I asked & received opinions & got them

I know you are using my posting to hit Apostle on talking out of both sides of his ............ , but - :icon_lol:

i know you are just going by what people have said in this thread. but the fact the coach that is in charge of training the fighters isn't teh person in charge of making them make weight. that is what a nutritionist is for.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...ar-dana-white-overeem-machida-sonnen-mma-news

you think that dolce is helping out with bj's skills or conditioning training? nope, he's there to get bj down in wieght

the coaches that train the fighters for the fight(the roles that caraway and tate are doing) aren't in charge of getting the fighters to make weight. the fighter and his nutrionist are. and if the fighter misses weight because he's doing dumb shit like eating ice ceam and getting drunk, 100% of the blame falls on the fighter, no one else.

Cody was probably already depressed or homesick that is why his determination was already low.

I laughed so hard when Ronda started bitching. This chick is insane. She seriously looks for any and all reasons to not like Tate or hate on her. I've said it many times and I'll continue to say it.

Ronda is EXTREMELY insecure.

I laugh so hard when sherdoggers start bitching. They are insane. They seriously look for any and all reasons to not like Ronda or hate on her. I've said it many times and I'll continue to say it.

Ronda haters are EXTREMELY nonsensical.

Just re watched the clip. Here's an exact quote from Ronda after Shayna's loss...

"It was my job to make sure that they got through this and I fucking failed today."

So yes, add this to the other quote I mentioned and it's pretty obvious that she took responsibility for Shayna's loss.

Ronda's haters are an irrational lot, truth an reality don't matter to them.

Not saying I don't like you guys, just a lot of pointless white knighting and bitching

Welcome to the dream factory

What's pointless (and flat out silly) is calling people white knights for defending Ronda from nit-witted hatred.

Ronda is a joke

If you put that in a google image search you get .............

Ronda-and-Miesha.jpg

:icon_lol:

My favorite part was the camera capturing Ronda's angled look at Miesha at the girls weighins. Then when Miesha turns that side Ronda looks away. Ronda acting like she got a big crush on Miesha. hah.

The Ronda hatred is sometimes silly and downright childish.

Pretty much nothing you said there made sense. If you can't distinguish the concept that in the general sense, the coaches have responsibility for their fighters making weight, and acknowledging that Tate did all a coach can do within that framework to help her fighter make weight, than you're either borderline rationally challenged, or your simply latching on to every post I make because I'm a Ronda fan and it obviously irritates you. The quote of mine you keep harping on and completely drawing weird conclusions from is about whether or not TUF can be considered "a real camp". How you're stretching that into some weird "passive aggressive" description is something only you know the answer to. Get it yet slick? Or does this need broken down even more for you? I'll try:

1. Yes, TUF is a real camp.
2. Yes, a coach in the general sense is responsible for her fighter making weight, although not totally, and its interesting you completely ignored the words "not totally" when you first quoted me.
3. It was Tate's responsibility, (not totally) like every other coach, do help her fighter make weight.
4. Tate did all she could to help her fighter make weight.
5. Tate was not to blame for her fighter not making weight.
Ready to move on now?

You're one of those people that tries to weasel out of their own words when they become inconvenient.

Given the editing we don't know how much or little was discussed in the coaches' meeting with Dana White. Maybe White asked how much Cody was over the morning before, night before, that morning, etc.

Add in the footage shown of Caraway & the others when Cody was faltering -- they were huddling & discussing what Cody weighed the night before, that morning, etc and all they knew was what Cody told them (iirc Cody answered 141lbs to everyone in the huddle).

And I could see that coaches' meeting going like this
White - What did he weigh last night? And this morning before going to the gym?
Tate - Cody said he weighed 141lbs.
White - Did you or another coach see him on the scale?
Tate -- No.

To me that is a coaching mistake. Yes, the ultimate responsibility for making weight is on the fighter but from what was shown Tate's coaching staff had no idea what Cody was weighing.

I remember way back when I was wrestling, our room had a weigh-in sheet - write down your weight after practice (sometimes before). And I know several other collegiate teams have a similar practice.
Given the big wrestling background of that coaching staff & them knowing how much (or should know how much) weight some of their fighters are cutting, I'm surprised Tate's team was pretty much clueless about what Cody was weighing. (also factor in Cody wrestled in high school at 145lbs & junior college at 157lbs, so the staff knows the guy is cutting a hell of a lot of weight).

Right when they realized Cody had the last fight in this round his coaching staff should have been monitoring his weight - at least watch him step on the scale.

Again, we don't get the full story because of editing but I was surprised at how little Tate's coaching staff was pushing Cody, it was as if they had never encountered someone ready to quit during a weight cut and their attitude towards it was like it was just for a random weekend grappling/wrestling tournament not one of the biggest if not biggest fight of this guy's career. Team Tate's attempts were pretty passive to me.

And I'm not surprised at all by Ronda using this to take a shot at Tate. If I was in her situation I would have done the same thing.

tl/dr
cliffs:
Editing doesn't give us all the info.
Tate's staff seemed to have no idea what Cody was weighing
Tate's staff lacked a sense of urgency when Cody started to falter
Coaches should be monitoring fighters' weight
Final Responsibility is on the fighter
But what was shown of Tate's staff was incompetence & lack of leadership.
Of course Rousey used this to take a shot at Tate.

so a fighter lying to his coach is the coachs mistake? lmao.

Pretty much nothing you said there made sense. If you can't distinguish the concept that in the general sense, the coaches have responsibility for their fighters making weight, and acknowledging that Tate did all a coach can do within that framework to help her fighter make weight, than you're either borderline rationally challenged, or your simply latching on to every post I make because I'm a Ronda fan and it obviously irritates you. The quote of mine you keep harping on and completely drawing weird conclusions from is about whether or not TUF can be considered "a real camp". How you're stretching that into some weird "passive aggressive" description is something only you know the answer to. Get it yet slick? Or does this need broken down even more for you? I'll try:

1. Yes, TUF is a real camp.
2. Yes, a coach in the general sense is responsible for her fighter making weight, although not totally, and its interesting you completely ignored the words "not totally" when you first quoted me.
3. It was Tate's responsibility, (not totally) like every other coach, do help her fighter make weight.
4. Tate did all she could to help her fighter make weight.
5. Tate was not to blame for her fighter not making weight.
Ready to move on now?

no they aren't! the fighter is responsible for making weight, not the coach! ffs, a coach can help out in the process, but at the end of the day it's up to that fighter.

meisha went above and beyond to help him make weight, but at the end of the day it's on him, he's the one who has to want to make weight and fight.

Cody and Anthony were stuffing their faces in the house, Anthony busted his ass to make weight, Cody simply gave up. Meisha deserves no blame whatsoever.

no they aren't! the fighter is responsible for making weight, not the coach! ffs, a coach can help out in the process, but at the end of the day it's up to that fighter.

meisha went above and beyond to help him make weight, but at the end of the day it's on him, he's the one who has to want to make weight and fight.

exactly, and just like what you said in the post above this one, if the fighter lies to his coaches, it's not their fault either.

cody is a grown adult, if he wants to eat icecream, get drunk, eat lasagna, then lie to his coaches about it all it's on him. but, now we're even getting someone giving him an excuse saying "for all we know, when miesha asked about his weight, he lied to them. so, this is miesha and caraways fault". WTF? has ronda's irratioanl "blame miesha for everything" attitude rub off on her fans aswell?

cody eats icecream even thought he knows better? miesha and caraway's fault.
cody gets drunk even thought he knows better? miesha and caraway's fault.
when asked, cody lies to them about his weight? miesha and caraway's fault.
cody refuses to get back in the tub to even try anymore? miesha and caraway's fault.

It would be Tate's fault if she brought Cody ice cream and pizza and told him not to worry about weight.

It would be Tate's fault partly if she just ignored him and didn't help him.

It's not Tate's fault if she tried but he couldn't or wouldn't make weight.

She did both
She blamed Tate for the missed weight as well

I'm not going to go back and watch the catty nonsense again, but didn't think she was blaming Tate so much as she was saying that Tate should have taken the blame from Dana. I.e., that Tate should have said it was her fault, not that it was actually Tate's fault.

I'm not going to go back and watch the catty nonsense again, but didn't think she was blaming Tate so much as she was saying that Tate should have taken the blame from Dana. I.e., that Tate should have said it was her fault, not that it was actually Tate's fault.

She said to the camera
"it is a head coaches responsibility & she failed to do that & instead of admitting that she threw it all on her fighter"

She said to the camera
"it is a head coaches responsibility & she failed to do that & instead of admitting that she threw it all on her fighter"

Well, there you go. I stand corrected.

Having never been a fighter or a coach, I have no idea how it generally works. But I can't help but think that nobody here was blaming BJ when Ruediger missed weight. And it's not like Cody was laying on the bathroom floor begging, "Put me back in the tub, Meisha! Please!" And Meisha was just like "Fuck you, Cody, do it yourself."

Lastly, and this is a little off topic, I don't imagine many are accusing either Ronda or Tate of being great coaches, are they?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I thought it was funny that (as edited) Tate and Carraway begged Cody to try and he said no, then Raquel sat down for two seconds and he was immediately back in the tub.

Well, there you go. I stand corrected.

Having never been a fighter or a coach, I have no idea how it generally works. But I can't help but think that nobody here was blaming BJ when Ruediger missed weight. And it's not like Cody was laying on the bathroom floor begging, "Put me back in the tub, Meisha! Please!" And Meisha was just like "Fuck you, Cody, do it yourself."

Lastly, and this is a little off topic, I don't imagine many are accusing either Ronda or Tate of being great coaches, are they?

I actually think they are both doing pretty decent considering the parameters of TUF
Miesha had no idea she was going to be there 24 hrs prior & brought a great team in.

Ronda (outside of trying to get her team to dislike Tate) seems to be good.

Both teams seem to like their coaches.

Back