RR blames Meisha for fighter missing weight?

Okay its cool if you disagree in regards to whether or not you think its a real camp, but my position isn't this convoluted contradiction voxum is trying to make it out to be. I believe, (though you may disagree) that a coach has responsibility, (not total) to see that their fighter makes weight. I also believe Tate fulfilled her responsibility as much as she was physically able. A coach can't make a fighter want to lose the weight, a coach can't make a fighter not quit. Cody quit. Though you and others may disagree about my thoughts on what a coach's responsibility is in regards to a fighter making weight, I fail to see how this position is in any way contradictory.

it's not a one fight type of camp, it's a tourney, so that's why i think it's just so unique. they are trapped in a house with cameras around 24/7, can't be considered a real camp, because it's just so out there.

don't know why people are giving you shit though, you have said about 5000 times that meisha did everything she could, and i agree with you there.

You can't help quitters man, all you can do is try, in the end a grown man made a decision not to make weight, or not to look after his diet.

Apsotle is so desperate to defend Rousey and attack Tate he has to have some affiliation with Rousey. Even when Rousey acts like an idiot he comes on and defends her and turns it into a Tate vs Rousey argument. I mean I know some people like to White Knight but he takes it to another level.

Isn't he defending Tate here?

Isn't he defending Tate here?

I think his out of the blue snarkiness in his original response is part of what is confusing. We've come to expect that sort of thing in his railing against people critical of Ronda. I propose that he's pitted himself bitterly against people in defense of Rousey so often that he's slipped into being that way towards a lot of people on this subforum no matter what the issue is.

I certainly wouldn't say he is defending her. I mean, against who?

For some reason, he made a critical comment towards someone that was defending Miesha (saying TUF is not a real camp so that any responsibility she might have had is diminished) - something about Frankie "deciding for himself" that TUF is not a real camp, intimating that that was not legitimate, as if his deciding for himself would even be an issue. Some people took that to mean that Miesha should be responsible. If he was just giving his two cents on his view of the serious camp status of TUF, it was an interesting way to do it.

Its actually none of the above, and the precious internet space you and voxum abused in trying witch hunt my posts because I disagree with you generally about Ronda Rousey could have been saved if you would have simply practiced the basic reading comprehension you were referring to in the above quote. My position was pretty clear: I said a coach was responsible, but not totally, but generally responsible for a fighter's total preparation, including making weight. But I also said again, "not totally" because in the end, its up to the fighter to follow through. Cody simply quit, and yes, I think that absolves Tate. If Tate was simply nonexistent in the process and Cody tried but couldn't make the weight, I'd say she was more responsible. But the fact she was with him every step of the way and he simply quit, I'd say its all on him.

That was my position the entire time, stated over and over again, and its as clear for anyone with even kindergarten level reading comprehension to understand.

>precious internet space

:icon_lol:

Also, don't know why you felt the need to reiterate your position on Miesha's responsibility or lack thereof. I didn't contradict that. I was giving an analysis of the discussion.

As much as I want to join in on apostle attacks, it has gotten too confusing. I even see the kod saying Tate did her best? Holy shit.

Back to topic...

After finally watching the show, That odd looking guy quit. The coaches did all that they could and the kid just said fuck it. When he stopped sweating he had to quit though. Dangerous territory at that point.

Ronda once again opened her mouth about info she didn't have and only used the minimal conversation she witnessed with dana. Tate was letdown, disappointed, and frustrated. Ronda assumed that tate did nothing to help him, concluded that coaching was non existent, and expected tate to accept full blame. What the fuck was her rant going to improve?

That's what Cody gets for eating biscuits for breakfast, I guess.

I think his out of the blue snarkiness in his original response is part of what is confusing. We've come to expect that sort of thing in his railing against people critical of Ronda. I propose that he's pitted himself bitterly against people in defense of Rousey so often that he's slipped into being that way towards a lot of people on this subforum no matter what the issue is.

I certainly wouldn't say he is defending her. I mean, against who?

For some reason, he made a critical comment towards someone that was defending Miesha (saying TUF is not a real camp so that any responsibility she might have had is diminished) - something about Frankie "deciding for himself" that TUF is not a real camp, intimating that that was not legitimate, as if his deciding for himself would even be an issue. Some people took that to mean that Miesha should be responsible. If he was just giving his two cents on his view of the serious camp status of TUF, it was an interesting way to do it.

this is pretty much it. if he just sat there and said "yeah, miesha did all she could" it would be fine. but when frankie basically said "in a normal camp it's the coaches responibility...but this isn't a normal camp, so miesha is excused on this one" his snarky response seemed like he was disagreeing with the "but this isn't a normal camp, so miesha is excused on this one" part. which i still think it reads that way.

and that is where i got the passive aggressive vibe where it seemed like he was saying "yeah, miesha isn't at fault here, but in a regular camp it is the coach's responsibility... and this is a regular camp after all."

and if that isn't what he was doing i don't see any reason why he would give frankie such a snide response

So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.
to me, it still reads like he is saying that frankie arbitrarily decided to not consider this a real camp in a way to excuse miesha.

mix teh snarkiness and the way he worded it, and it looks like he had a problem with frankie excuses miesha from the situation rather than having a problem simply because frankie didn't consider it a regular camp.

if he only had a problem with frankie not considering it a real camp, this part is unneeded and misleading to the point he was trying to make

"So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF,"

Last edited:
Yeah still not getting the argument..
frankie said that in a normal circumstance miesha would be to blame, but this isn't a normal circumstance.

basically, it looked like he was attacking frankie's post because of the part where he was excusing miesha from the blame. opposed to the part where frankie said that TUF isn't a normal camp.

which is where i seen it as passive aggressive sounded like he was saying "miesha's not to blame here...but technically it's her job to make sure he makes weight"

asi said, if he was only arguing that tuf is a real camp this part is unneccessary and misleading. VVVV
So in other words you agree with the "valued opinions" that conclude in a real camp its a part of the coaches responsibility, but decided for yourself its not a real camp because its TUF, even though it is a real camp because its TUF. Seems legit.
if this post was truly only about frankie saying that TUF isn't a regular training camp then i'm wrong

but, why he was being so snarky over frankie thinking TUF isn't like a regular camp? i'll never know.

Last edited:
OK. Please compose an explanation in plain English on how Miesha is at fault here.
'Splain dat sheet to mee!'
She and her staff as well as their entire team provided encouragement, knowledge and the facilities are also there. All the guy had to do was control his sodium intake and his water intake prior to the cut, then get into the salt bath. (I know from experience) other than the water/sodium balancing act, the hardest part of the cut is willpower, and his team and coaches were there to bolster his. Rhonda totally bent Miesha's words when talking to her team and totally left out that Miesha apologized to Dana for Cody failing to make weight. She also didn't say that Dana said it wasn't Miesha's fault.
WTF is the matter with RR?

Rhonda totally bent Miesha's words when talking to her team and totally left out that Miesha apologized to Dana for Cody failing to make weight. She also didn't say that Dana said it wasn't Miesha's fault.

I am going to do my best White Knight imitation, OK?

but but Miesha tweeted things 2 years ago and that is the reason for everything
it is not Ronda's fault, it is the editing
Ronda is keeping it real
YOU ARE ALL HATERS

so a fighter lying to his coach is the coachs mistake? lmao.
That was neither my point nor my argument. Tate's team knew the guy was cutting a lot of weight, they should have put him on a scale as soon as they knew he was the next fight.
Should have had him on the scale - in front of them - the night before the fight.

From the show's comments it was obvious no one knew what Cody weighed the night before or that morning; from what the editing showed they didn't know what Cody was weighing before the shown weight check. Wasn't that weight check 141.something, so he was probably 145 or more the night before.

That is what I'm criticizing Tate's team for, they didn't have any idea and administered very little control.

Back