Ruben Report- left leaning guest "the left is now a movement against working class people"

EVERYONE has met with Russians you fucking mongloid. The Democrats have met with Russians. Trump had every right to meet with them. Stop with this Russia shit.

The fact that you're blowing your whole wad on Russian collusion and completely ignoring the shit she did regarding deleting emails, screwing Bernie over, admitting to wanting open borders, etc etc etc shows that you're taking sides.

Until proof comes out that Trump did anything wrong you have NOTHING.

Guy saying Hillary Clinton is a crook (and who is totally a centrist guys, believe him) says that without proof, there's nothing on Trump.

{<jordan}

B O T H S I D E S

SXYdJo0.jpg

No, doesn't work that way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lump_of_labour_fallacy

Referring to energy rather than people. And there were no proposals to open borders.

Ok so if I go out on a limb and agree that it's a fallacy and that jobs just automatically appear out of thin air for low skilled immigrants to have then why are so many people on wellfare? There's TONS of jobs right?

There must also be a high wage labour fallacy too? If I want a three figure salary then there must be countless opportunities to just take these jobs? Nevermind the competition, a position will just materialize out of thin air for me to take according to you.

"Referring to energy rather than people." We saw how the left reacted to the travel ban. I'm sure all that crying and protesting was because Trump didn't want Somolian "energy" coming into the states.

Guy saying Hillary Clinton is a crook (and who is totally a centrist guys, believe him) says that without proof, there's nothing on Trump.

{<jordan}

B O T H S I D E S

SXYdJo0.jpg

Keep collecting those cool gifs to insult people with. I hope you have enough saved for seven more years.

Keep collecting those cool gifs to insult people with. I hope you have enough saved for seven more years.

Uh oh, your centrist facade is slipping. I'd hate for you to be exposed as a gullible right wing dipshit more than you already have been lmfao.

Go on pede, I know you wanna talk about Uranium One, give in to your retard side. Muller is corrupt, come on buddeh. I know you're burning up right now.

Uh oh, your centrist facade is slipping. I'd hate for you to be exposed as a gullible right wing dipshit more than you already have been lmfao.

Go on pede, I know you wanna talk about Uranium One, give in to your retard side. Muller is corrupt, come on buddeh. I know you're burning up right now.

Yes, yes...we're all nazi's, right wing retards, etc. Heard it all before. Anything else?

Yes, yes...we're all nazi's, right wing retards, etc. Heard it all before. Anything else?

We? And why are you so hung up on Nazis? Sounds like someone is finally dropping all pretenses.

E X P O S E D

Ok so if I go out on a limb and agree that it's a fallacy and that jobs just automatically appear out of thin air for low skilled immigrants to have then why are so many people on wellfare? There's TONS of jobs right?

Jobs don't automatically appear out of thin air. Why play dumb like that? You have more workers, more value being produced, more needs, more money being spent, etc. Look at parts of the country seeing their population decline. Are the people who remain seeing wages skyrocket and unemployment fall?

And most people who receive means-tested income support from the gov't are children, elderly, or disabled (not even counting people who are supporting others who fall into that category).

There must also be a high wage labour fallacy too? If I want a three figure salary then there must be countless opportunities to just take these jobs? Nevermind the competition, a position will just materialize out of thin air for me to take according to you.

What are you talking about?

"Referring to energy rather than people." We saw how the left reacted to the travel ban. I'm sure all that crying and protesting was because Trump didn't want Somolian "energy" coming into the states.

Again, what?

If you're an ordinary working class person then just listen to the rhetoric that comes from the liberal political elite, Hollywood, right-on celebrities, most of the entertainment industry, the left leaning msm, late night TV hosts like John Oliver. Then also look at how useful idiot far-left action groups like AntiFa conduct themselves.

These people hate your guts.

Last edited:
Jobs don't automatically appear out of thin air. Why play dumb like that? You have more workers, more value being produced, more needs, more money being spent, etc. Look at parts of the country seeing their population decline. Are the people who remain seeing wages skyrocket and unemployment fall?

And most people who receive means-tested income support from the gov't are children, elderly, or disabled (not even counting people who are supporting others who fall into that category).

Bringing more low skilled workers over doesn't automatically mean more jobs are going to appear. If it did, then millions of immigrants would be moving to Detroit based on your theory. They don't, they move into more competitive markets like California and New York.

Bringing more low skilled workers over doesn't automatically mean more jobs are going to appear.

The question is whether it brings more new jobs than new workers. Looks like it probably does, but it's a close call. But there is no question that it brings new jobs. Not that that's even relevant.

If it did, then millions of immigrants would be moving to Detroit based on your theory. They don't, they move into more competitive markets like California and New York.

That seems to be more of a problem for your theory. Shouldn't a falling population in Detroit lead to higher wages and lower unemployment? The fact that places that get a lot of immigration have booming economies seems to support what I'm saying.

I always hate when people complain about society restricting speech through social pressure. That is how society is supposed to work. Society, as a group, decides what it deems acceptable and rewards/punishes individuals accordingly. Society, as an entity, does not have to embrace find all opinions equally. So long as society does not criminalize speech via government, you want a society that decides what's acceptable in the public square.

I think the question about trusting people is a good one. But I disagree with his interpretation that it's a left/right divide. A large part of my current disagreement with the GOP is specifically that they've made choices that run contrary to the free market, good governance and they're attempting to regulate people's personal choices...just in a different direction than the left.

I agree that the left isn't the party of the working class anymore. The mistake is then thinking that the right is simply because they're not the left.

I also don't agree that populist decisions indicate working class interests. I think "low information" voters are a real thing. That's not to say that those voters shouldn't have the opportunity to weigh in and vote on issues that matter to them. But I think there's a difference between voting for something and understanding what you're voting for. For example - the recent tax bill that Congress voted on. The Senators received the full copy of the bill only shortly before they voted on it. They voted largely on party lines via political populism. Sure, they voted for something but it's very unlikely that the majority of them understood what they were voting on, pro or con. So I think we need to be careful about confusing active self-governance with informed self-governance. We should always support self-governance but let's deify it as more informed than it is.

I like what little I've seen of Rubin's stuff, because it resonates with me. I also struggled being a leftist for a long time and realized that I didn't fit into that particular box. So now, if I fit in any category, it would be libertarian. Back when I had social media, I was highly critical of the left. I would constantly get messages and comments on posts about how I should be fighting the right, not the left.

But if I'm on either side, I would hold that side accountable for their actions and rhetoric. I don't blindly fall into any boxes, and it's astounding how quick people will call you an "alt-right Trump fan" simply for criticizing the far left.

tl;dr Had similar experience with the left as Ruben, therefore enjoy what little I've seen of him.

It's amazing how quickly the "alt-right" will be spouted by the trained parrots. I'm sure there are a few of those rascals out there but it's bin turned into a bed time story to scare people for the most part.
It's a shortcut used so people don't have to have a actual discussion the same way calling everyone a racist was/is a weapon. It ends up trading perceived short term gains for actual long term loss. People like yourself that actually think things through not only don't want to play their games but no longer want to be on their team.

Anyway, on topic. The GOP has been crushing the working class for years. They've destroyed workers' rights with "right-to-work" laws, crushed public and private sector unions and are about to pass a tax reform bill that will actually increase taxes on the working class to fund massive tax cuts for multinational corporations and the wealthy.

Corporatist Democrats are almost as hostile to workers' rights, but they're not actually leftists. They're in the position that moderate Republicans used to be in back when they actually existed.

You can dislike the left for being "too PC," but that has fuck all to do with hurting the working class.

How anybody can spout this shit with a straight face is beyond me.

Do you really think I shouldn't be allowed to work for a company without paying into a union? Why shouldn't I have the right to make an employment agreement directly with a company?

For people not familiar with the Rubin Report it's hosted by a gay married Jewish guy so it's not right wing.

Brendan O'Neal talks about the left leaving him and the lefts response to Brexit being the possible nail in the coffin.

It's a good conversation with plenty of critique for the right/altright.

Starting at 25min. he goes right into the left being against working class people and the response to Brexit.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the republicans are supporting a child molester.

The left needs the poor to stay poor. I'm not sure why this is such a revelation.

When Rubin was with the TYT network a few years ago, he always struck me as the dumbest host that they had on air.

Claiming that he's still any kind of liberal is laughable. All he does is blame the left for all of society's ills.

If you want to see an illustration of what a vacuous fraud he is, watch his interview with David Pakman where he's challenged to actually explain his worldview.

I didn’t change my views but I used to agree with progressives and I had a awakening and I changed a little bit on economics
Wtf is he saying?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the republicans are supporting a child molester.

Ah, not sure this thread was about the millions of possible issues that could be talked about. There's more than one thread going on about all datt kinda stuff going on.

But feel free to turn this into a "whatta bout dis whatta bout datt" thread if you like. Might be a lonely conversation doe.

I didn’t change my views but I used to agree with progressives and I had a awakening and I changed a little bit on economics
Wtf is he saying?

Pathetic attempt at trying to explain why he's a "real liberal" and the rest of the left has gone to shit.

Back