Rugby players fighting like girls

Those swipes are probably more powerful and faster than UFC G level athlete's proper technique strikes.

the windmill technique is...ineffective

That's F-Level American Rugby.

Real Rugby:
Holds back and still generates more power than 90% of UFC Heavyweights.
giphy.gif

I've seen my fair share of bar brawls and that looked brutal. Those were NOT slaps.

Anyone of them would be LHW champ with 4 weeks of training though

Rugby > Hand Egg.

All day every week.

everyone thinks they fight like muhammad ali or stipe, etc. in reality 99.9% of the people look worse than that

That to me looked like a high-level street fight; I'd imagine shredoggers would have gotten stumped there.

They should put on tights and hump each other like D1 Wrestlers.

Some like rugby, some like american football

<Fedor23>
Indeed. Id watch rugby honestly. Tried to join a local league for shits and giggles but I blew out the shoulder snowboarding.

Both are hilariously better than diveball regardless.
giphy.gif

Indeed. Id watch rugby honestly. Tried to join a local league for shits and giggles but I blew out the shoulder snowboarding.

Both are hilariously better than diveball regardless.
giphy.gif
I'm with you on that a like both Rugby codes but love watching highlights of the NFL and just digging into the history of College Football and CFL.

I'm with you on that a like both Rugby codes but love watching highlights of the NFL and just digging into the history of College Football and CFL.
Has CTE been mentioned in Rugby yet?

I imagine it will be soon if it hasnt.

Has CTE been mentioned in Rugby yet?

I imagine it will be soon if it hasnt.

Yes it has been, not quite to the same extent but there have been some concerns over the effects of concussions.

In the past few years there have been rule/law adjustments to prevent concussions...refs have been told to crack down more harshly on things like taking a player out in the air (not legal in rugby) and contact to the head when making a tackle...even if it's accidental. In rugby league they banned the should charge (ie. like in rugby union, where you have to make an attempt to wrap your arm in a tackle). There is also HIA (head injuriy assessments) where if a player is thought to have a concussion he needs to be subbed off and then OK'ed by a doctor in order to be allowed to continue.

Last edited:
Back