Rugby players fighting like girls

Yes it has been, not quite to the same extent but there have been some concerns over the effects of concussions.

In the past few years there have been rule/law adjustments to prevent concussions...refs have been to crack down more harshly on things like taking a player out in the air (not legal in rugby) and contact to the head when making a tackle...even if it's accidental. In rugby league they banned the should charge (ie. like in rugby union, where you have to make an attempt to wrap your arm in a tackle). There is also HIA (head injuriy assessments) where if a player is thought to have a concussion he needs to be subbed off and then OK'ed by a doctor in order to be allowed to continue.
Sounds like things are going very similar to Merican football.

Granted I havent watched a ton of Rugby but it seems like people aim for or lead with the head more in the NFL because they have the helmets. Id think without them people wouldnt be as willing to smash their dome into someone elses. That accurate?

Sounds like things are going very similar to Merican football.

Granted I havent watched a ton of Rugby but it seems like people aim for or lead with the head more in the NFL because they have the helmets. Id think without them people wouldnt be as willing to smash their dome into someone elses. That accurate?

100% accurate, I always comment on it when comparing the two. Helmets make guys more likely to use their heads as missile points almost, plus just their size seems - from what I have seen of NFL (and I used to watch it quite a bit) - to make accidental head to head hits way more common. If you hit someone in the head in rugby it's usually because your arm rides up above the shoulders while tackling, or because you miss time the hit and clock him in the head with your shoulder/fore-arm. Though occasionally you get nasty ones like this, which was a red card because he led with his shoulder, and didn't really need to:

Watson-hit.gif

100% accurate, I always comment on it when comparing the two. Helmets make guys more likely to use their heads as missile points almost, plus just their size seems - from what I have seen of NFL (and I used to watch it quite a bit) - to make accidental head to head hits way more common. If you hit someone in the head in rugby it's usually because your arm rides up above the shoulders while tackling, or because you miss time the hit and clock him in the head with your shoulder/fore-arm. Though occasionally you get nasty ones like this, which was a red card because he led with his shoulder, and didn't really need to:

Watson-hit.gif
Ya its great that folks are trying to make the games safer but at the end of the day they will always be brutal sports and accidental contact will happen.

UFC Champ with 2 weeks of training.
Mark Hunt was just a bouncer, these dudes are the real Polynesian athletes. I think they just need to watch a few Pride DVD's and the belts are theirs.

UFC Champ with 2 weeks of training.

Manu Tuilagi is a beast when he's healthy, keeps injuring himself though...tbh I think he's fucked for good now. But he was a fun player to watch in his very short prime, even when he wasn't hitting Chris Ashton (the guy in this clip) who definitely deserves it for being a gimp who swan dives over the try-line:

splash-3.gif

Tuilagi:

Mark Hunt was just a bouncer, these dudes are the real Polynesian athletes. I think they just need to watch a few Pride DVD's and the belts are theirs.

Jason Taumalolo would probably murder someone in the octagon

07cb4be94d22d2ef68cf958dfb663682--eye-candy.jpg

That's F-Level American Rugby.

Real Rugby:
Holds back and still generates more power than 90% of UFC Heavyweights.
giphy.gif

looks like he hurt his hand punching him on the brow with his last two knuckles? he holds it weird after the punch.

6 Nations games today was great just shame about the french and Italians.

You know what they call that in the NFL?

A midget.
Yes a midget who has to stay on the field for a full 80 minutes and catch, run and pass and kick the ball as well as tackling unlike you super sized Footballers who run 5 yards and then run another 5 yards to the sideline bench for an oxygen break while offence or defence come on.

Yes a midget who has to stay on the field for a full 80 minutes and catch, run and pass and kick the ball as well as tackling unlike you super sized Footballers who run 5 yards and then run another 5 yards to the sideline bench for an oxygen break while offence or defence come on.

Not worth the time Sea eagle

Back