Ruger bringing back its PC Carbine series.

FyrFytr998

When the shit keeps piling up…Get a shovel.
@Gold
Reaction score
Years ago Ruger had pistol caliber Carbine rifles for sale that cultivated a modest following before being taken off the market. So much so that to find the 9mm version on sale became very sparse, and usually involved price gouging.

Well for 2018, Ruger is bringing back the PC Carbine in 9mm, and get this..........it will have the ability to accept Glock Magazines with a mag well swap. Not entirely thrilled it’ll be a take down version out the gate, but whatever. It’s also got parts commonality with the 10/22. Another win.

I know it’s not the Uber Mall Ninja Tacticool PDW’s all these soccer dad operators are running, but Ruger is finally listening to customer requests. And bringing back the PC9 was one of them.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

BA7DDE1B-E98A-4B02-B666-5FE76DE0B4A1.jpeg

I love a nice PCC. The older Ruger PC9's had really climbed in price, and getting harder to find anywhere but Gunbroker. Same with the Marlin Camp 9's. I used to have a Camp 9 in a Boyds Nutmeg laminate stock. Awesome little bastard. It's too bad those M1 carbine lookalikes from Chiappa weren't more impressive. They were direct impingement opposed to the short stroke rotating bolt gas system of the M1 carbine. Which is fine, except the failure rates were unacceptable. Meaning the novelty of it is absent (being so different than the gun it's paying homage to) and it's a garbage shooter. I'm glad more options are coming out. Rhineland Arms was working on their own PCC. They make nice wood stocks, but their customer service is shit. Im curious to see what they are able to produce.

It looks like it will be accepted in lots of places with the "assault rifle" style ban. And why 9mm only?

Love it, nicely done Ruger!
In the next couple years make sure you continue to listen to us gun buyers and come out with models in 45ACP, .357 Magnum, and 10mm.
Pretty sure these are legal in CALI which is another win, god knows we need it here in Cali!

Love it, nicely done Ruger!
In the next couple years make sure you continue to listen to us gun buyers and come out with models in 45ACP, .357 Magnum, and 10mm.
Pretty sure these are legal in CALI which is another win, god knows we need it here in Cali!
I would love a 10mm version. I doubt a 357 magnum version will come out. For some reason, manufacturers have kept 357 magnum in revolvers only except for a rare instances.

I think I like the CZ scorpion better. I've only heard good things about it and it looks way cooler. It doesn't use Glock mags, but I'm okay with that since they come with 30 rounders.

It looks like it will be accepted in lots of places with the "assault rifle" style ban. And why 9mm only?
makes sense to stand with 9mm given how popular it is. Keep in mind that with the long barrel you will see much more energy make its way to the bullet in a standard 9mm cartridge.

Probably to test the waters. If it flops as a 9mm, what point would there be in manufacturing other chamberings and calibres?

I would love a 10mm version. I doubt a 357 magnum version will come out. For some reason, manufacturers have kept 357 magnum in revolvers only except for a rare instances.

I think I like the CZ scorpion better. I've only heard good things about it and it looks way cooler. It doesn't use Glock mags, but I'm okay with that since they come with 30 rounders.
Because rimmed cartridges have a history of shitty feeding from box magazines.

Agree 100% about the CZ Scorpion and I have no problem saying I am a CZ whore but when it comes the price of this Ruger Carbine that is a huge selling point as well.

Interesting.

Although I am not a fan of their pistols, Hi Point makes some damn good pistol caliber carbines. Got a friend with the .45 version and it was a blast to shoot when we went camping. I was really close to buying one at the last SGK show here.

Interesting.

Although I am not a fan of their pistols, Hi Point makes some damn good pistol caliber carbines. Got a friend with the .45 version and it was a blast to shoot when we went camping. I was really close to buying one at the last SGK show here.

Yeah, too bad they are banned by name in my state. There is no work around for weapons once they hit that list. Same with the Kel Tec Sub2000, which I definitely would have bought.

Yeah, too bad they are banned by name in my state. There is no work around for weapons once they hit that list. Same with the Kel Tec Sub2000, which I definitely would have bought.

That’s one of the few perks of living in VA I guess.

Back