Rumble at 285

All you have to do is last 2 minutes but that's pretty hard for a heavyweight . Rumble will he king of hw

His face swells up like he is on prednisone.

Thanks and yeah his face is real puffy. I didnt know roids did all that. Dude is jacked though, no doubt.
Who would you go with in the fight if it ever happened? Rumble or Bones?

That was something he specifically did for DC cause he didn't expect him to hit so hard. He didn't get hit that much vs Ngannou and JDS in the rematch. I just thought your post was odd cause you seem to be talking more about the current HW division as a whole yet DC has only fought one HW from the current HW division. Before he dropped to LHW the HW division was much better than it currently is.

Lets unpack this a little.

He absolutely got tagged by Ngannou, but Stipe was able to take it. That was just one fight ago. Dos Santos looks like a shell of his former self, and their rematch lasted two minutes. In the fight previous, Overeem dropped him.

Now to be clear, I believe Miocic is far and away the best heavyweight (excluding DC for the purpose of this discussion) and one of the few truly well rounded guys. The top 10 of virtually all other divisions are generally populated with people of Stipe's quality, not just one guy, and not 36 years old.

Heavyweight in general has the oldest average age (very bad statistic for athletics) and in my opinion, least rounded skill set in the sport. I don't follow WMMA so to be sure, I'm talking about MMA.

Until the risk -vs- reward changes, the UFC isn't going to attract elite athletes the size of a heavyweight. It's 10k guaranteed to get your head punched in at the highest level of the sport. Thats why we're shuffling around old farts. We crown 8 new All-American Division I heavyweight wrestlers each year - where are they?

Both Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad attempted to make NFL teams - with the Vikings and Jets respectively - before entering MMA as a backup option.

My overall point is that heavyweight has a talent and depth problem, and it isn't that DC is miraculously in better fighting shape eating fried chicken and clearly overweight, he's fighting a lower level of competition.

There is a reason both Jones and Gus could compete (or beat) DC, and you watch DC just absolutely run roughshod over all the heavyweights he's fought.

Rumble looks like a public service announcement about PED abuse, now.

Added weight, same technique = greater force. I'm guessing he his hitting a heavy bag significantly harder than he did at 205.

Probably, but slower, which could make a difference in a fight. There is no guarantee he would be now a better fighter than he was at LHW. His LHW run was pretty much perfect other than the DC fights.

Lets unpack this a little.

He absolutely got tagged by Ngannou, but Stipe was able to take it. That was just one fight ago. Dos Santos looks like a shell of his former self, and their rematch lasted two minutes. In the fight previous, Overeem dropped him.

Now to be clear, I believe Miocic is far and away the best heavyweight (excluding DC for the purpose of this discussion) and one of the few truly well rounded guys. The top 10 of virtually all other divisions are generally populated with people of Stipe's quality, not just one guy, and not 36 years old.

Heavyweight in general has the oldest average age (very bad statistic for athletics) and in my opinion, least rounded skill set in the sport. I don't follow WMMA so to be sure, I'm talking about MMA.

Until the risk -vs- reward changes, the UFC isn't going to attract elite athletes the size of a heavyweight. It's 10k guaranteed to get your head punched in at the highest level of the sport. Thats why we're shuffling around old farts. We crown 8 new All-American Division I heavyweight wrestlers each year - where are they?

Both Brock Lesnar and Cole Konrad attempted to make NFL teams - with the Vikings and Jets respectively - before entering MMA as a backup option.

My overall point is that heavyweight has a talent and depth problem, and it isn't that DC is miraculously in better fighting shape eating fried chicken and clearly overweight, he's fighting a lower level of competition.

There is a reason both Jones and Gus could compete (or beat) DC, and you watch DC just absolutely run roughshod over all the heavyweights he's fought.

HW will always be old though, because that's just the name of the game.

just like you'll always find some young kid doing it up at the lower weights.

big guys bodies take longer to mature and little guys don't.

Looks like he'd be a lot stiffer and slower at that size, not to mention he'd have 0 cardio. If he comes back, he needs to cut out that corny ass body building shit, get down to like 225-35, and get rid of these stupid ass, juice head, body building, Yes Men he surrounds himself with and actually dedicate himself to only fighting. So far, it seems he's no longer bout that Life and this is not a game u wanna play with one foot out the door.

135987.jpg

That's BS, HWs are fully grown at 16 like everyone else and fully developed by their early 20s.

The UFC may not deserve a super heavyweight division, but it undoubtedly needs it!

That's BS, HWs are fully grown at 16 like everyone else and fully developed by their early 20s.

no they're not.

not everyone grows at the same rate and a lot of big guys aren't done growing until like 23, then they have to get used to their bodies when they finally stop growing, that's when they will begin to fill out.

also, the only people i know that were fully grown at 16 were Asians. i grew up surrounded by Polynesians, so i've witnessed first hand how giants grow up, and most of them aren't fully developed until the mid to late 20's.

just look at Jon Jones, you really think Jon Jones was fully developed here?

AxqCgSsCMAANBqc.jpg

Bones. Rumble is scary but when you get down to it he is a very one dimensional fighter. He can take your head off and thats about it. Could it happen? Sure but id put my money on Jones doing some spinning shit or getting the takedown.

Best part of that fight is it would be better with PEDs. Book it for Japan Dana. Fuck USADA.
Who would you go with in the fight if it ever happened? Rumble or Bones?

It has nothing to do with maturing, big bodies literally fill the entirety of the NFL and NBA and those guys are not geriatric, they are in their athletic prime the same as all other athletes.

We're shuffling around old farts in heavyweight MMA because the risk -vs- reward isn't attractive.

Rumble wants to come back at heavyweight, currently weighs 285. Other than DC, I think he matches up well with any other HW. Would like to see him against Stipe.
285-pound-johnson-wants-to-rumble-with-jones.jpg
It seems like the size of AJ's head is growing relative to the rest of his body.

Back