Rumor: Conor McGregor knocked out in sparring

Yes, the people who buy this are being taken for a ride. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Conor quit very early on, as soon as he starts shipping punishment and this may even be as early as the first round. I guess it depends what his ambitions are beyond this but while Conor is certainly very confident, he is also the kind of person who clearly doesn't give a fuck what other people think. So he can take his money, disappear into the sunset and retire without caring.

Also, he is a quitter. Floyd is going to make Conor quit combat sports so that he can spend his retirement playing in movies.

If it's true they're not going to acknowledge it and hurt his confidence (and build Floyd's) going into the fight. It's very possible he was at least rocked in sparring since he's bringing in many different guys to spar, and trying to learn boxing as quick as he can.

Also aside from the 1st Nate fight, Conor hasn't been hit that much in his career, he didn't take any damage from Aldo or Alvarez, by the time this fight happens it will have been a year since the 2nd Nate fight. He needs to do real sparring and get used to taking shots from 10oz gloves, or he risks getting shellshocked like Ronda when she came back.

Wrong. He was hit by Aldo when Aldo was knocked out. He cut him above his eye.

Jesse vargas and brandon rios are well known trolls, not really credible when right after that he says "brandon knocked him out in sparring too"
He was clearly joking around with Brandon about that part, if you watch the vid.

If you only beat up your training partners and never look bad in training you're training at the wrong gym.

Not that it even happened, because it probably didn't.

But when a boxer is training for a massive fight and he gets KOd in sparring... it's because someone fucked up.

It's BS guys, this is a rumor that is continuing from last year prior to the Alverez fight. There is a video on youtube of Rios hitting a bag and talking about Conor getting knocked out in sparring....I think the video is from October of 2016. In this video you have Vargas and Rios talking about that rumor, he's not mentioning that it happened this camp.

Now, it could very well be that Conor did get KO'd in sparring at that point prior to the Eddie fight.

Now there's an excuse ready for his fans when Floyd knocks him out. "His chin was fucked because he was KOed during sparring, if that didn't happen, he would've won!"
I have a hard time believing anyone would use that as an excuse in this case.

Incorrect, Vargas is very honest probably one of boxing most honest guys no ego at all, suggest you watch videos of him discussing his proposed fight with Kell Brook and contract negotations - Eddie Hearn was spinning a lot of bullshit about the fight but found to be Vargas was telling the truth in the end about why the fight never happened. If there was a Boxer i'd be trusting rumours from it's actually someone like Jessie Vargas.
Trolling means jokester where im from, vargas is a jokester, being honest has nothing to do with it.
He was clearly joking/
He was clearly joking around with Brandon about that part, if you watch the vid.
That's clearly my point..

A rumour was spread to find out who was leaking news (someone had confirmed to a reporter that Dee was pregnant before it was ever announced). This was just before the Alvarez fight.

Didn't he say he had beef with Paulie M and he wanted to settle it and that's why he hired him as a sparring partner?

LOL!!@ Paulie knocking somebody out in 14 ounce sparring gloves.

In boxing Conor isn't a "somebody" he's a "nobody."

Paulie couldnt kill a roach in 14 ounce sparring gloves man.

Mayweather KO ratio 53%

Malignaggi KO ratio 16%

If that actually happened then Conor wont survive the first round against Floyd.

A rumour was spread to find out who was leaking news (someone had confirmed to a reporter that Dee was pregnant before it was ever announced). This was just before the Alvarez fight.
Im tellin' ya bros, Conor is Trump:

Both have leaks all around em
One had #pussygate and the other had #blackfromwaistdowngate
Both are called racists tho they aren't
Both mastered the Law of Attraction
Both pulled of the unthinkable

If Bush was Aldo, is Hillary Mayweather?

#TheUnthinkableImpending?

After he says Brandon rios knocked him out sparring he retracts it and says na he didn't. Amazing how no one seems to have actually listened to the video and that anyone would post this irrelevant chit chat in a park that admits it's not being honest in the first place.

LOL!!@ Paulie knocking somebody out in 14 ounce sparring gloves.

It is possible, Conors reaction time and experience have been against defending wrestlers and strikers with a generic kickboxing background. He needs time to adjust to a pure boxer who has world class reaction time and is a former world champion.

If rumors are true, then it means that Conor needs way more time to develop the correct reflexes for the boxing world.

That's true, the world of boxing is a filtering process, you need to go through many opponents for experience and developing the proper reflexes. Conor has a chance due to size, age and power but he needs experience with the slick boxing style.

So fake news. This was a rumor from last year when he was sparring Van Heerden that got massively put out of proportion. It's sad that the boxing guys are so jealous and bitter that no one can give an honest assessment or talk about how he ran thru the best fighters on the planet like a hot knife thru butter.....cuz it's more than "just one good punch".

You can tell it is the type of thing where they rag on him to feel good about their own personal failures and short comings. MMA fighters did this too, it became cool to hate on Conor, but all those that had that mentality got REKT as they're losers.

It's weird because I find a lot of the Conor detractors don't just doubt him; they literally think he's a charlatan that has bamboozled all of combat sorts with fluke victories against weak competition.

Even resorting to shitting on MMA itself as a shit sport if this guy is winning. It's really weird; the hatred for him is by far the most absurd.

But I guess that balances out the Hardcore fanbase that think he's invincible.

He was saved by the bell by more rounds than he won. He trained full stop for the first fight, it was Diaz that came in unprepared. Mendes whooped Conor's ass, put him in a freaking Crucifix LOL, but ended up gassing on 10 days notice.

Your love for another man has made you blind. Floyd is going to KO Conor in the most ridiculous fight ever.

Uh-huh sure.

Has Paulie said anything on the rumors. I thought Conor was walking a thin line saying he only asked to spar Paulie to make him regret criticizing Conor. If Conor went in hard for a sparring match, I'd be worried that Paulie tuned him up.

Conor thinks beating on sparring journeymen and Artem (who aren't allowed to bust Conor up) equates to boxing greatness..

Another possibility is SBG is intentionally leaking false info. They've done this occasionally but mostly pertaining to weight.

Back