Rumor - Eddie Alvarez To OneFC?

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/rumor-eddie-alvarez-signing-one-championship/

Violence wanted: contact Eddie Alvarez via walking down any Philadelphia street and just yelling for him. Alvarez is a hitman for hire and it figures the next step in his MMA career may take him across the sea.

The former UFC and Bellator lightweight champion may be on the move again. Currently a free agent, new rumors point to Alvarez taking his talents to Singapore. Philippines? China? Or wherever ONE Championship is holding an epic card this week.

Now 29-6 in his MMA career, we can’t hate on Alvarez for chasing the money. MMA career’s are so short, fighter’s should always be going to the highest bidder. Remember when Alvarez was the BodogFIGHT Welterweight Champion? Eddie’s bank account remembers.

After spending the last eight years evenly split between Bellator and the UFC, it would be wild to see Alavrez punching folks in the face in a ONE Championship cage. (Still want it to call them ONE FC, we just can’t help it).

Alvarez chasing ONE Championship titles at 155 and 170 pounds? We’re here for. Alvarez vs. two division champ Martin Nguyen? Yup. Don’t tell anyone but we’d even watch Eddie Alvarez reignite his rivalry with Shinya Aoki because that’s the type of chaos that fuels us.

This would be a twist.

Can see it happening, he's made money, won titles, went to war and is now on the backside of his career. He still has fights left in him so from a fighting POV it would suck to see him go to OneFC and not fight Tony, Lee, Khabib, or another Chandler fight in Bellator.

But it wouldnt be as bad as when Askren went there in his prime. I wonder if it happens. I dont think he stays in UFC, think they are fine letting him walk so hope he goes to Bellator and we atleast see Chandler fight.

WOuld Askren come back to fight him at WW or 165 pounds or something? Thats really the only interesting fight for him if he goes there.

I would hope at this point in his career he has understood he is above what ONE FC is doing right now. I would also hope that Bellator and UFC make an offer that is on par or better than what ONE can offer.

If Eddie accepts a ONE FC deal great for him financially. But from a career stand point I'll take it as more or less retirement. He is almost 35 and has 35 pro fights and a lot of years of amateur sport stuff, he may know his body isn't going to hold up for more than another couple fights at the top of the sport and this offer will be a nice payday each time out against lesser comp that will allow him to continue to win as he rides off in the sunset. Because the UFC isn't going to do him any favors with comp and Bellator isn't either(though on a lesser level).

Nobody ever gets out of ONEFC. RIP Eddies non-One career.

It feels like it's been forever since ONE FC signed a big name.

Eddie needs to do Chandler trilogy in Bellator, after that I don’t care what he does

Truth be told, Eddie may end up being the highest paid LW MMA fighter of all time if you add all fights at LW. He constantly fights and he's always in high demand.

As a prize fighter go to whoever offers you the biggest prize. Best of luck to Eddie in OneFC. I think this is a last second leak to hopefully have the UFC or Bellator match OneFC's offer.

that seems like it would be a huge payday for eddie at this point, he'd better make the most of it... he'll endup fighting like once a year at most

He'll either go to OneFC or Bellator. He's not coming back to UFC. Dont think they care at all if he leaves, they'll give him a contract for probably solid money but they arent gonna overpay what they feel he's worth so I'd say UFC is at the bottom of the list.

Think if OneFC wants to make a huge push for him they'll get him, dont think he'll care about competition at this point in his career, he's done everything, won titles. The last two or three years of his career at a reasonably high level he wants to make the most money.

Bellator could get him and I'd much rather he go there to fight Chandler again but who knows how badly they want him.

I don’t really care to see Eddie in Bellator at this point. As great he is, he’s been in a ton of wars and I’d hate to see someone make their name off of Eddie when he’s old. That would be lame. Take the money and go to ONE Eddie. You deserve the best money and the easiest fights. Eddie Alvarez has never ducked anyone and look at the guys he’s fought in the UFC. Murderer’s row. Much respect to an all time great. Have no prob with him riding off into the sunset. He’s got nothing left to prove.

Back