Rumor: Eddie Cummings and DDS fall out

Dogstarman

Old man jiu jitsu
@Silver
Reaction score
I was reading different forums and read on Reddit that Eddie has distanced himself from Danaher. Does anyone know if this is true? People posted Eddie's IG claiming he hasn't mentioned Danaher. Rumor has it that Eddie wants to release a DVD or online instructional but Danaher has refused it. Another one is that Eddie is the true genius on the leg lock game and Danaher has refuse to give him credit.

If he does release a DVD like Craig Jones, I know that I'll start working some Overtime to save for it.

Haven't heard anything about it, but, I did think it was strange- and yes, I know he was injured for quite a while- that we haven't seen or heard anything from him for a while in any of the Gordon and Garry training videos, documentaries, etc, nor any DDS Instragram posts.

Last edited:
Isn't he dating a rich celebrity's ex-wife now? She's probably the Yoko Ono of the DDS. Can't wait to see the Wolverine vs Gary Tonon grudge match.

Eddie seems to be a lot smarter and eloquent guy than Danaher so it wouldn't be surprising if he was the brains behind a lot of the innovations.

wow I cant imagine how good a leg lock dvd by eddie Cummings would be

ive been waiting forever for DDS to release a leglock dvd

wow I cant imagine how good a leg lock dvd by eddie Cummings would be

ive been waiting forever for DDS to release a leglock dvd
Yeah me too. The rumor is Danaher is really controlling and doesn't want anyone to realease dvds or instructionals. As you can imagine this is another avenue for money for these guys. They don't make much so I can imagine how that is frustrating to those guys.

They don't make much so I can imagine how that is frustrating to those guys.

The problem with DVDs (the reason Roger didn't release one) is that they get pirated.
A subscription site seems a lot better.

Yeah me too. The rumor is Danaher is really controlling and doesn't want anyone to realease dvds or instructionals. As you can imagine this is another avenue for money for these guys. They don't make much so I can imagine how that is frustrating to those guys.

I think not releasing a DVD has driven up the demand for their seminars, privates, etc. They charge top dollar for those - they probably make as much doing 3-4 seminars as they would from a DVD, and they, frankly have to give away less information.

The problem with DVDs (the reason Roger didn't release one) is that they get pirated.
A subscription site seems a lot better.

I think not releasing a DVD has driven up the demand for their seminars, privates, etc. They charge top dollar for those - they probably make as much doing 3-4 seminars as they would from a DVD, and they, frankly have to give away less information.

I was thinking a subscription site is better for these guys as well. I wasn't really thinking a DVD. I really think something like digitsu is a really good distribution method.

I was thinking a subscription site is better for these guys as well. I wasn't really thinking a DVD. I really think something like digitsu is a really good distribution method.

Don't they get pirated as well?

Don't they get pirated as well?
Probably, everything gets pirated, though. It's an easier way to purchase. I think the simplicity of it helps people make the decision to purchase instead of going to a sketchy torrent site. I know the digital avenue and subscription site like MGinaction is simpler solution.

Kinda related, a bit in terms of money generated

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Noticed recently that Danaher cornered Nicky Ryan at f2wpro but when Eddie came up to compete at the same event, he was cornered by Bourdains wife and Tonon.

That, plus the social media posts and the fact that Danaher and Cummings rarely mention each other anymore spell a fallout.

II really think something like digitsu is a really good distribution method.

A format where videos are gradually and continually released for an ongoing fee seems a better safe guard against piracy then one where a whole DVD is sold for a larger fee.

I think if you could afford to buy instructional DVDs you should do it. I'm therozing that such videos could be worth a lot money some day in hard disc form. I know the future is streaming like netflix. I remember almost buying Marcelo Garcia X guard book in 2011, which is now out of print, and goes for $200-$300, if not more, as time passes.

There will always be piracy, there are people out there who won't pay for jack squat. Yes, it would be nice to have a 100% buy rate, but sometimes you'll have to settle for having a 87% buy rate despite some people getting your stuff free. Luckily there are practitioners who still make videos, regardless.

Kinda related, a bit in terms of money generated

Leaving aside the bravado, it's a pretty reasonable take. Not recording seminars is standard, anyone who tried to do it on the sly after being specifically asked not to is a tool. Gordon probably should have just left.

I think if you could afford to buy instructional DVDs you should do it. I'm therozing that such videos could be worth a lot money some day in hard disc form. I know the future is streaming like netflix. I remember almost buying Marcelo Garcia X guard book in 2011, which is now out of print, and goes for $200-$300, if not more, as time passes.

Wait, say what?!

I have all of those old Victory Belt books...I had no idea I was sitting on a little pile of cash.

The prices for Drill to win (Galvao) are insane.

Back