Rumor: Eddie Cummings and DDS fall out

Oh noz. Now if only anyone gave a shit.

Why would you get any sense of what he is outside of grappling? You ever hang out with him? You know him personally??? Your opinion of him as a person means no more than my opinion of Kurt Cobain as a person.

Are you his girlfriend?

He inveted it as a blue belt apparently. He says he came up with the anaconda choke too but that he couldn't claim originality with it. So he's saying that he is claiming originality with the darce. Now maybe he was not aware but the choke was around before him although I don't doubt he created it too without any help.

Milton viera would have a pretty strong opinion about Jhon claiming the anaconda choke... the anaconda and darce are about the same move, I can’t picture some high level grappler being good at one and not finding he could do the same but a reverse grip... there’s only so many ways to squeeze a neck, and people have been squeezing necks for centuries so i really don’t think anyone in modern days can say “hey I invented this. Choke”.. this doesn’t mean he didn’t find it out by himself though... he probably did, i just have a problem with the inventing moves thing...

He inveted it as a blue belt apparently. He says he came up with the anaconda choke too but that he couldn't claim originality with it. So he's saying that he is claiming originality with the darce. Now maybe he was not aware but the choke was around before him although I don't doubt he created it too without any help.

<LikeReally5>

Milton viera would have a pretty strong opinion about Jhon claiming the anaconda choke... the anaconda and darce are about the same move, I can’t picture some high level grappler being good at one and not finding he could do the same but a reverse grip... there’s only so many ways to squeeze a neck, and people have been squeezing necks for centuries so i really don’t think anyone in modern days can say “hey I invented this. Choke”.. this doesn’t mean he didn’t find it out by himself though... he probably did, i just have a problem with the inventing moves thing...
From what I know quite a few people started doing the darce choke without instruction from others around the turn of the century. Milton Vieira, Shaolin Ribeiro, Robert Drysdale, Shinya Aoki, it looks like John Danaher as well, and there are others too. I know there was a catch wrestling guy doing it in the late 90's calling it the beer choke. Don't know his name though.

I do admit that it's interesting that it took as long as it did to become popular. Watching matches from the late 90's and early 00's you see so many openings for it and it changed the way people play side control, half guard, and the front headlock. In 2007 after Bill Cooper subbed Megaton with it and especially when Drysdale subbed Marcelo with it it took off in popularity.

I'm like you. I don't like the idea of "inventing moves" either. Chances are someone has done a movement with their body before you.

Back