Valentina Shevchenko faces newcomer Priscila Cachoeira

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Valentina "Bullet" Shevchenko (14-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) will be the one to welcome undefeated brazilian fighter Priscila "Pedrita" Cachoeira (8-0 MMA) to the UFC octagon. The fight is right now in the works to happen in Belem, Brazil at 20 of February. Fight will take place in the 125 (WFLW) division, being also the Valentina debut in this weight class.

Coe2e7MVMAAu_cE.jpg

Priscila is a teammate of Jessica Andrade, training with PRVT girls. She has 4 knockouts.

Priscila-Cachoeira-%E2%80%9CPedrita%E2%80%9D-confiante-para-vencer-no-Hipnose-Fight-Night-2.jpeg

PRVTGirls_OutubroRosa-2.png

PS: 125 champion Nicco Montano has a broken foot and will need surgery, so she will be out for some months, the division must move on so right decision by Valentina and UFC regardless of opponent.

Last edited:
valentina 3rd/4th round tko/submission

WTF? Well then who's getting the FLW title shot?

Terrible matchmaking as of late from Shelby / Maynard.

valentina 3rd/4th round tko/submission
I don't think this will be the main event, most likely not, so 3 rounds only bro.

WTF? Well then who's getting the FLW title shot?

Terrible matchmaking as of late from Shelby / Maynard.
Nicco is injured will be out for a while, she's going to have a surgery at her broken foot. Anyway, the Invicta WFLW champ would probably be the favorite to get the next shot since Valentina is coming of a loss.

Why is Valentina not getting a title shot? I Know she is coming off a loss, but there is literally no one in that division right now.

I don't think this will be the main event, most likely not, so 3 rounds only bro.
that could actually play into the other girls favor, i mean valentina will be massive favorite but her gameplan for her first 3round fight against nunes still makes me cringe.

Theyll give Paige the title shot if Paige wins her next fight.

Why is Valentina not getting a title shot? I Know she is coming off a loss, but there is literally no one in that division right now.
Maybe the Invicta champ, Valentina shouldn't fight for a belt with 3-2 UFC record coming of a loss anyway.

PS: Nicco will be out for a while.

Theyll give Paige the title shot if Paige wins her next fight.
Really don't think so. Winner of Davis-Carmouche, Invicta champ and winner of Borella-Chookagian will be more deserving.

that could actually play into the other girls favor, i mean valentina will be massive favorite but her gameplan for her first 3round fight against nunes still makes me cringe.
Yeah, and Pedrita is a big girl, she will be dropping of WBW and seems like a heavy hitter for WMMA standards. Not really a gimme, but Valentina should be the favorite of course.

Who is the 11% who voted for the other chick? Is that a troll?

Maybe the Invicta champ, Valentina shouldn't fight for a belt with 3-2 UFC record coming of a loss anyway.

PS: Nicco will be out for a while.

Really don't think so. Winner of Davis-Carmouche, Invicta champ and winner of Borella-Chookagian will be more deserving.

Not about deserving shots when it comes to title fights in the UFC. I mean Holly Holm was coming off 2 losses and fought for the WFW title against GDR (unranked at WFW TMK), she lost, went back down to win 1 fight at BW, then again gets a shot at WFW title.

We also have Conor McGregor. Despite having 0 top 10 wins, was awarded a title fight against Aldo. Aldo got injured and he fought Mendes, his first top 10 ranked opponent, who had (IIRC) 2 weeks to prepare for the fight. Then after he beats Mendes and Aldo, he gets gifted a shot at LW title without ever defending his FW title. Dana white also said "it would be impossible to deny Conor a WW title fight if he beats Nate at 170" (paraphrased). Nate, being a guy ranked in top 15 at LW and coming to fight at WW with about a week to train.

Of course there are more examples, but these are the latest and "greatest" travesties to the ranking system.

Not about deserving shots when it comes to title fights in the UFC. I mean Holly Holm was coming off 2 losses and fought for the WFW title against GDR (unranked at WFW TMK), she lost, went back down to win 1 fight at BW, then again gets a shot at WFW title.

We also have Conor McGregor. Despite having 0 top 10 wins, was awarded a title fight against Aldo. Aldo got injured and he fought Mendes, his first top 10 ranked opponent, who had (IIRC) 2 weeks to prepare for the fight. Then after he beats Mendes and Aldo, he gets gifted a shot at LW title without ever defending his FW title. Dana white also said "it would be impossible to deny Conor a WW title fight if he beats Nate at 170" (paraphrased). Nate, being a guy ranked in top 15 at LW and coming to fight at WW with about a week to train.

Of course there are more examples, but these are the latest and "greatest" travesties to the ranking system.
Two wrongs make a right.

Just because it happened some times, doesn't mean that's how things will be now. Rankings still matter, now as much as they should, but to say that people doesn't earn titleshots anymore is kinda delusional, the Holly Holm thing is very different because Cyborg doesn't have people to fight, it has to be Holly, GDR run from her. It's not like someone is being screwed, like the 125 fighters would be by giving Valentina a titleshot right now or in some months when Nicco is back.

Who is the 11% who voted for the other chick? Is that a troll?
Shev always has trouble with aggressive fighters in early rounds, and she isn't a finisher in later rounds.

In a 3 rounds fight, Priscila Cachoeira has a chance by turning this into a dog fight.

Two wrongs make a right.

Just because it happened some times, doesn't mean that's how things will be now. Rankings still matter, now as much as they should, but to say that people doesn't earn titleshots anymore is kinda delusional, the Holly Holm thing is very different because Cyborg doesn't have people to fight, it has to be Holly, GDR run from her. It's not like someone is being screwed, like the 125 fighters would be by giving Valentina a titleshot right now or in some months when Nicco is back.

I understand about Cyborg not having people to fight, and I never said people don't earn title shots either. I said it doesn't matter in the UFC. That was just a blanket statement not meant to be taken entirely literally. Of course there are fights where people earned their way to the title, like Whittaker/Dillashaw/Maia/etc.

All I'm saying is that if Valentina was able to fight Nicco, the UFC would most likely make that fight despite Valentina's inexperience at WFlyW or her 3-2 UFC record and coming off a loss. They want the fights to sell just as much as or more so than making fights based on ranks. Valentina is a name fighter who they can sell the fight much better with than anyone ranked in the top 5 in the division. It's not right, it's not fair, but it is business and the UFC is much more about business and profits than MMA and rankings.

That girl on the right, nice ass. Is she fighting too?
Also, wtf with PRVT? Looks like PeRVerT to me.
i could be wrong but i think she still fights, 2-0 WFW
oh, and PRVT means PaRana Vale Tudo.. the name of the team

32067523e0ac39ad36c710b3e1d87114.png
2671d89e85477e25b60f6b16f1f02ab5.png
e87199f23bd1028c32368f74aa97dd2e.png
ef17e77bf3b65ba3b3e8ee7b6332dbf1.png
59e88f706db323efadb750f0c7287aa7.png
muza-vasco-sofre-derrota-306x280.jpg

Last edited:
Back