Rumour: GTA 6 to be set in Vice City and South America with female protagonist. 2022 release.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ you're full of shit.

Asians do complain about that sort of thing. You just ignore those complaints so you can bash other groups with them.

It's a woman in a videogame that previously featured men as the main characters. The horror! The only reason you're not bitching about Lara Croft being a female is because the series started out that way. That and some preemptive bullshit about the role not making as much sense for a woman. As if that isn't equally applicable to most other action games that also have female characters. Yeah, women are less likely to be involved in that sort of thing, but it's not unheard-of, either. We'll have what, 7 GTA games featuring Clyde and one featuring Bonnie.
Sorry didn't see your post. And in all fairness I hadn't read his entire post before replying, had I realized it was basically "welp maybe darkies should make their own damn game" I would've stayed away.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ you're full of shit.

Asians do complain about that sort of thing. You just ignore those complaints so you can bash other groups with them.

Oh go fuck yourself. They do not as a majority, or even weak minority complain. They get treated like shit in America, and they just work hard through it. Blacks / Latinos have social programs a-plenty to help the poor minorities, where as Asians get deducted points on their SAT because they are so intelligent / capable. Same thing in Hollywood, video games, etc. Asians are just doing their own thing, very successfully as well, whilst blacks, females and other minorities need papa white man to make their shit for them.

I'm assuming you're one of the other minorities? It must be hard being so jealous of their success, and the fact they do it all without having white daddy fix life for them.

It's a woman in a videogame that previously featured men as the main characters. The horror!

You really don't get it, do you?

The only reason you're not bitching about Lara Croft being a female is because the series started out that way.

Yeah, you don't get it. Now you're just making shit up. You have no points, and come off as even more emotional / butt hurt than I do.

Sorry didn't see your post. And in all fairness I hadn't read his entire post before replying, had I realized it was basically "welp maybe darkies should make their own damn game" I would've stayed away.

Exactly. Take some accountability for yourself. If you want females, blacks and other minorities in games? Become an artist, game developer, writer, etc. Stop asking white men to carry the torch for you because you're too incapable, lacking in the skill / intelligence to do it yourself.

So you lack the reading comprehension to understand what's being discussed?

That's what I already said, cheers.
You might enjoy life more if you don't let pixels upset you. Give it a shot. You're an incredibly defensive and hostile person.

Exactly. Take some accountability for yourself. If you want females, blacks and other minorities in games? Become an artist, game developer, writer, etc. Stop asking white men to carry the torch for you because you're too incapable, lacking in the skill / intelligence to do it yourself.
Huh... so let me get this straight... you agree with "darkies should make their own damn game" as a fair representation of your post?

For real?

You might enjoy life more if you don't let pixels upset you. Give it a shot. You're an incredibly defensive and hostile person.

You're doing the same thing the other moron attempted, and you both failing miserably at it.

This isn't about "pixels" but more so one of the largest, fastest growing industries in the world, with a multibillion dollar influence in culture, films, art, music, et cetera. This is effecting peoples jobs, hiring process, what's been green lit on the pitching floor, who gets rounds funded, etc. I know things "look like video games" so they aren't very important, right? Books are just books, movies are just movies, songs are just songs, etc. But you are wrong, they have huge impacts socially. They are drops of water, crashing waves and tsunamis that shape culture, politics and often the bits and pieces of the general consensus a culture upholds. Books have this power, movies have this power, and more and more video games are increasing in scope to shape culture. I know this may seem mysterious to you, and it should if you haven't been involved in the industry and don't know what you're talking about, but that's not reality, that's "your" unrelated reality. Meanwhile this stuff has been discussed behind the scenes for 20+ years and now it's spilling out into the mainstream. These are important issues, and they have found the medium of video games (trust me, I wish they hadn't), billions of dollars are at stake, and summarizing everything as something you can mock to make yourself feel better doesn't result in higher learning.

Huh... so let me get this straight... you agree with "darkies should make their own damn game" as a fair representation of your post?

For real?

If you're a "darkie" that doesn't want to play white characters, and gets upset that your demographic isn't represented? Go fuck yourself. I have no time to make something for you to feel better, when you are admitting it's me you don't like seeing. So I guess I'll be your bitch and rewrite what I wrote to include black trans females from space or something. Nope.

As someone insinuated above, they feel left out, and making more minorities / females appeals to their demographic, and grows the demographic. Point being? The demographic won't grow if we make them play white people, so we have to make darkies and females for them.

So yeah, your point stands. If you hate games because white people make them, and have white people as the lead characters? Fuck yes, get off your ass, and make your own Goddamn game. Stop asking white daddy to fix the world for you so you can sleep better at night.

I know it's mind blowing, huh? Not every white person wants to stop what they are doing to make minorities, and females feel better about their lack of accomplishments.

Carry your own torch, make your own stories and make white people jealous of the games, movies and experiences you create! I think we both know it's not going to happen, which is why you'd rather white people just do it for you.

I know it's mind blowing, huh?
Yes, though not quite in the way you mean it to be, I assure you.

Might wanna head over to the War Room, there was a... let's say "purge" of individuals like you and the ones left sure could use some help.

Yes, though not quite in the way you mean it to be, I assure you.

Might wanna head over to the War Room, there was a... let's say "purge" of individuals like you and the ones left sure could use some help.

I couldn't care less about what happens there. I'm a developer, and I'm white, and this is right up my alley of work.

Must be a hard life, huh? Not having every white male kiss your feet, and blindly agree to do your bidding because of "demographics".

You're doing the same thing the other moron attempted, and you both failing miserably at it.

This isn't about "pixels" but more so one of the largest, fastest growing industries in the world, with a multibillion dollar influence in culture, films, art, music, et cetera. This is effecting peoples jobs, hiring process, what's been green lit on the pitching floor, who gets rounds funded, etc. I know things "look like video games" so they aren't very important, right? Books are just books, movies are just movies, songs are just songs, etc. But you are wrong, they have huge impacts socially. They are drops of water, crashing waves and tsunamis that shape culture, politics and often the bits and pieces of the general consensus a culture upholds. Books have this power, movies have this power, and more and more video games are increasing in scope to shape culture. I know this may seem mysterious to you, and it should if you haven't been involved in the industry and don't know what you're talking about, but that's not reality, that's "your" unrelated reality. Meanwhile this stuff has been discussed behind the scenes for 20+ years and now it's spilling out into the mainstream. These are important issues, and they have found the medium of video games (trust me, I wish they hadn't), billions of dollars are at stake, and summarizing everything as something you can mock to make yourself feel better doesn't result in higher learning.
Shh, no, these aren't important issues.

Shh, no, these aren't important issues.

I'll concede that if GTA6 has a female lead or not is extremely unimportant, no doubt about it.

But the underbelly of the industry that is leading to these decisions is fairly relevant.

I couldn't care less about what happens there. I'm a developer, and I'm white, and this is right up my alley of work.

Must be a hard life, huh? Not having every white male kiss your feet, and blindly agree to do your bidding because of "demographics".
I wouldn't know bro, I'm white too, just not as obssessed with that fact.

I wouldn't know bro, I'm white too, just not as obssessed with that fact.

Well more power to you! I wish color / gender wasn't such a big deal. I'd vote for everyone to be gender / color blind if it was up to me.

Short story: I was apart of an investor deck last year and was featured as a piece of text, despite being one of the lead developers. Why? Well we needed the four girls who'd been interning with us for less than six months to represent the company to the investors! So they all got a featurette on the cover, large smiling pictures of them sitting in our start up, etc. We didn't have any black men on the team or we'd have drug them out as well, no doubt about it.

It pissed off everyone that worked there, and our "chief story teller" or whatever the fuck he called himself let us all know that we were sexist for being upset about it. But we aren't sexist? And most of us don't care about color / gender, but are constantly forced to turn a blind eye to everyone that does.

2022 is way too long of a wait and hopefully it is a return to the 80s Vice City. Is the female character confirmed to be a chola?

Can you imagine if the main character was Asian?

Do you hear Asians crying for representation in Hollywood? Nope. They made their own cinema industry, and will be passing US / Europe in the next decade with relative ease.

Do you hear Asians crying for representation in video games? Nope. They made their own video game industry, and will continue to influence the progress of this emerging tech for the next century.

Do you hear Asians crying for representation anywhere? Nope. They aren't half wits that needs white daddy to help them buckle their belt, tie their shoes and make sure their hair is parted for the class picture.

All of this said? It's precisely why if Rockstar North announced the next protagonist was Asian? No one would care. People would celebrate! Why? Because everyone would know it was a creative decision that had precisely *zero* to do with loud, barking dogs who fill up the minority sector.

Asians don't need white people to make their games, they don't need white people to make their movies, etc. Yet all the other minorities do. Cry me a fucking river. Tell your own stories, make your own characters and stop asking white daddy for everything in life. The world is literally laughing their ass off at you, as are most people in America.

giphy.gif

I would find it hard to take a GTA game seriously with a female lead.. just doesn't seem like a good fit, would come off as comical and not in the Trevor Phillips kind of way. Excited if it's in Vice City tho, bring back Vercetti or some shit. Lol

Back