Rumour: Next Far Cry game to be set in the Wild West

I love Montana but what landmarks? Being super flat once you get out of the mountains around Missoula?

I was going to say Yellowstone National Park, then I realized that was in Wyoming.

Reminds me of the scene from the Simpsons where they're discussing North Dakota:

After getting run out of Florida, the Simpson family was trying to decide on where to go for their next vacation. They were looking at a map of the US that had most of states crossed out, which were apparently all the states that the Simpsons were no longer allowed to enter. North Dakota was one of the two states they were still allowed to enter. At first, Bart is pleased because he wants to see Mount Rushmore, but he becomes disappointed when Lisa points out that Mount Rushmore is in South Dakota.[1]

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/North_Dakota

Is Glacier National Park in Montana? If it is it's literally the only thing I can think of.

Yup. The Going to the Sun road is beautiful.

Montana also has Chief Mountain which is kind of cool.

And that's all I've got.

I love Montana but what landmarks? Being super flat once you get out of the mountains around Missoula?

Maybe have a huge lake (flathead) maybe Yellowstone or glacier Park is there (different names in game) battle of little bighorn, the Rockies, just something

Maybe have a huge lake (flathead) maybe Yellowstone or glacier Park is there (different names in game) battle of little bighorn, the Rockies, just something
Of those things only Glacier is fully in Montana.

Yellowstone and Bighorn I am pretty sure are Wyoming and the Rockies there's only a sliver.

Same, but I feel like they picked a state that doesn't have much in it for a reason.

this...

why dont they go back to the real hardcore rutes that is FC1

gun-jams, mutants and para military?

e26.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_07_11.50.54.0.png
Ubisoft
Today, Ubisoft announced the details of the Far Cry 5season pass. The upgrade will include an updated version of Far Cry 3as well as three bizarre new pieces of downloadable content.

Rather than expanding on Far Cry 5’s storyline with its first three pieces of DLC, Ubisoft is heading in a completely different direction. Dead Living Zombies will pit players against “hordes of the undead” in a “zombie-infested wasteland.” Hours of Darkness takes players to Vietnam, where they will do battle against the Viet Cong. Finally, Lost on Mars zips them into a spacesuit and drops them onto the red planet to fight against giant spiders.

FC5_Season_Pass_Horizontal_16x9_1517509365.jpg
Ubisoft
All three experiences stand in stark contrast to Far Cry 5’s controversial take on right-wing extremism in rural Montana. They seem more in line with Blood Dragon, a cyber-punk adventure that surprised fans when it was released as a stand-alone expansion for Far Cry 3.

As it turns out, the included Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will also be a stand-alone game sold separately. Those who pre-order the Far Cry 5 season pass will get access to it four weeks early. The remaster is described as “an update to the classic open-world adventure game.” We’ve reached out to Ubisoft to get details on what, if anything, has changed content-wise from the 2012 release.

Screenshot_2017_12_07_11.50.54.0.png
Ubisoft
Today, Ubisoft announced the details of the Far Cry 5season pass. The upgrade will include an updated version of Far Cry 3as well as three bizarre new pieces of downloadable content.

Rather than expanding on Far Cry 5’s storyline with its first three pieces of DLC, Ubisoft is heading in a completely different direction. Dead Living Zombies will pit players against “hordes of the undead” in a “zombie-infested wasteland.” Hours of Darkness takes players to Vietnam, where they will do battle against the Viet Cong. Finally, Lost on Mars zips them into a spacesuit and drops them onto the red planet to fight against giant spiders.

FC5_Season_Pass_Horizontal_16x9_1517509365.jpg
Ubisoft
All three experiences stand in stark contrast to Far Cry 5’s controversial take on right-wing extremism in rural Montana. They seem more in line with Blood Dragon, a cyber-punk adventure that surprised fans when it was released as a stand-alone expansion for Far Cry 3.

As it turns out, the included Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will also be a stand-alone game sold separately. Those who pre-order the Far Cry 5 season pass will get access to it four weeks early. The remaster is described as “an update to the classic open-world adventure game.” We’ve reached out to Ubisoft to get details on what, if anything, has changed content-wise from the 2012 release.

but i dont want FC5

That Mars thing sounds interesting

It's been about 13 years since I played the first one. It was kind of cool, but quickly overshadowed by Doom 3 and Half-life 2.

Crytek never really got overshadowed, certainly not by Doom 3! Farcry was *huge*, so big that the team went onto make Crysis, and left the Farcry franchise to new developers. Crytek defined what would later become the PC master race, they developed a game that came out in 2007 that still can't run on some peoples computers maxed out. FC in 2004 was also phenomenal, I mean just out of this world good looking, open ended environments and some next generation lighting.

Crytek never really got overshadowed, certainly not by Doom 3! Farcry was *huge*, so big that the team went onto make Crysis, and left the Farcry franchise to new developers. Crytek defined what would later become the PC master race, they developed a game that came out in 2007 that still can't run on some peoples computers maxed out. FC in 2004 was also phenomenal, I mean just out of this world good looking, open ended environments and some next generation lighting.

It’s been 9 months since I made that comment so I’m not entirely sure what I meant by it. I may have simply meant that once Doom 3 and Half-life 2 arrived oh the scene people stopped talking about Farcry. Or maybe I meant that those games diverted my attention away from Farcry. I honestly couldn’t tell you what that comment was meant to convey anymore.

Back