Rumour Ryan Hall vs BJ Penn at UFC 230

This isn't the first time I said this and it def won't be the last but:

BJ, PLEASE! PLEASE?!?!?

Hall landed like 90% of the strikes in the fight.
That doesn't take away all the times he was falling on his back. Shit performance and that's why no one wants to fight him.
"Fear the bjj"
No...fear a terrible fight that makes both guys look dreadfull

Calling it now. BJ comes in motivated and RNC's Hall. Then he moves up to LHW and KO's Jones.

That doesn't take away all the times he was falling on his back. Shit performance and that's why no one wants to fight him.
"Fear the bjj"
No...fear a terrible fight that makes both guys look dreadfull

Maybe Maynard should have gone to the ground and GnP him. He is a great wrestler.

Maybe Maynard should have gone to the ground and GnP him. He is a great wrestler.
Maybe. Gray certainly didn't help the fight but Hall's answer to it was to just keep flopping on his back, making it even more painful to watch. The only enjoyable thing about that "fight" was how comical it was.

200w_d.gif
Literally my reaction lol

Damn. And I thought BJ was finally going to get his revenge against machida in the next fight.

Is BJ still that much of a name? This is really bizarre I can see him fighting in lesser leagues if he still wants to throw down but I mean A) he should have hung his gloves up for good a long time ago, it's not like he ever had that great of a record he just had a really good run at a certain point in his career and hasn't won a fight in forever.

and B) I can understand although don't agree with the UFC sometimes foregoing the most reputable title challenger for a big payday but fights like this really make me question if the people running it now are just literally insane.

What is the point of this fight? I honestly can't think of one.

Why? What does he possibly have to offer anymore? Does he even remember how to grapple?

Is BJ still that much of a name? This is really bizarre I can see him fighting in lesser leagues if he still wants to throw down but I mean A) he should have hung his gloves up for good a long time ago, it's not like he ever had that great of a record he just had a really good run at a certain point in his career and hasn't won a fight in forever.

and B) I can understand although don't agree with the UFC sometimes foregoing the most reputable title challenger for a big payday but fights like this really make me question if the people running it now are just literally insane.

What is the point of this fight? I honestly can't think of one.

If true its likely because B.J. wants to fight and Dana knows if he doesn't give him one Bellator will.

He's getting submitted for the first time of his career instead, which would be even sadder.

That would be sad, but at this point I'd rather watch him tap to a RNC or heel hook than take more punches to the head.

To be honest, BJ probably wins a decision because I don't think Hall can take him down.

Back