Rush Limbaugh says Trump is "acting like a dictator"

It’s really telling that the Trumpsters are attacking Rush and not what he said. Let me remind you guys the intelligent conservatives like David Frum, Bill Kristol, etc thought Trump was terrible and dangerous before he was elected and recognized what Rush did now about a year ago or sooner.

You’d like to tell yourself it’s just Rush being a crazy druggie, but many conservatives never were on the train or they’ve jumped off.

And if you’re the type that says there are too many regulations and government is overreaching but you’re ok with the president using his power to tell private businesses what to do and to threaten to remove a media company’s license because he doesn’t like what they write, you’re not just a hypocrite you’re also an asswipe.

RUSH LIMBAUGH SUGGESTS TRUMP IS ACTING LIKE A DICTATOR AND IS MAKING HIM 'NERVOUS'

Damn, all kinds of people finally waking up to Trump. When I clicked the link I assumed Rush's reaction would have been to Trump's handling and rhetoric towards the press, but apparently it's the NFL issue that has him musing on the larger issue of Trump's inability to tolerate dissent from any corner.

Trump to a T. The fucker is mentally ill. I know it’s long, but read it.
———
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

I've been called both a Trumptard and a libtard many times over the past year so in my experience it goes both ways. It's like a natural instinct for many people to simply not think, but speak--and loudly.
<mma4>

Trump to a T. The fucker is mentally ill. I know it’s long, but read it.
———
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty

Sounds spot on.

Any solid psychiatrist would never diagnose without meeting with a patient but I think it’s obvious Trump has mental issues

Guess someone else wants to sacrifice their ratings. Enjoy the unemployment line Limbaugh.
This post exemplifies what is probably one of the worst things trump is doing.

Any criticism, legitimate or not, and you just get trampled. That line of thinking violates the very fabric this country was founded upon.

And regular people like you are praising him for it.

Libs will quote anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who says anything negative about Trump. The Liberal heroes for the day are Steve Bannon and Rush Limbaugh. Let that sink in.
TS isn't a lib, genius.

Did Rush offer any more good football insight like people only said Donovan McNabb was so good because he was black, and that Brad Johnson didn't get credit for being as good because he white?
th
th

TS isn't a lib, genius.
Yeah really. On top of that miss, he also is missing the point, which is now we are seeing the most hardcore tribal right wingers express concern about Trumps behavior.

We’d have no trouble digging up a million quotes from very smart people criticizing trump!

Libs will quote anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who says anything negative about Trump. The Liberal heroes for the day are Steve Bannon and Rush Limbaugh. Let that sink in.

Let it sink in that even Bannon and Rush are talking shit about your boy.
th

I've actually been reassured by how unlike a dictator Trump has been. The dictatorial template was set by Obama, who routinely circumvented Congress and the courts to enact his agenda. Trump has allowed himself to be limited by the other branches of Congress to a much greater extent than Obama did. His major achievements, great judicial nominees, undoing a lot of Obama's more noxious executive orders, and getting us out of the Paris climate agreement and Iran nuclear deal are all well within his purview.

I do think he has overreached with his NFL statements.

Good grief, you're embarrassing yourself.

Obama had the fewest Executive Orders per year since 1889.

Barack Obama: 34.6 per year
Donald Trump: 67.5 per year so far (or, about twice as many as Obama)

Also, please, enlighten us about the Iran deal.

Please tell me you mean S. E. Cupp
No, it was some little twat who I've never even heard of before or after. Cupp is actually smarter than that. And she's been consistently anti-Trump, I'll give her that.

Let it sink in that even Bannon and Rush are talking shit about your boy.
th
Lol right. And if there going to have any consistency with their views they have to.

Trump is attacking a private business publicly and doing damage to their brand in order to fight a culture war. That is a bridge too far for conservatives. They also think the attack on media is nonsense but view it as Trump throwing red meat to his supporters. But the damage to the nfl is real.

Maybe Deferment Donny can go on Rush Limpballs show and they can trade stories about dodging the draft.
They can title the show, 2 shit talkers who wield patriotism as a weapon, but when their country called, chickened the fuck out.

When you're a Republican and you've lost Rush Limbaugh......

WOW.

He's right -- Government should never suggest who private entities should fire...or hire.

Good grief, you're embarrassing yourself.

Obama had the fewest Executive Orders per year since 1889.

Barack Obama: 34.6 per year
Donald Trump: 67.5 per year so far (or, about twice as many as Obama)

Also, please, enlighten us about the Iran deal.

How is the relative number of executive orders an embarrassment to my point?

Maybe Deferment Donny can go on Rush Limpballs show and they can trade stories about dodging the draft.
They can title the show, 2 shit talkers who wield patriotism as a weapon, but when their country called, chickened the fuck out.
They can invite Ted Nugent to that party too

Threatening lawmakers, too many executive orders, pressuring judges for three. That doesn't show much care for separation of powers. That shows disdain for it. He may yet be contained by the strength of our fabric- we'll see.
His rhetoric is certainly not presidential. But when the courts initially put a stay on his immigration ban, he growled, yet complied and fought it out in the courts. When Congress didn't do what he wanted, he growled, but did nothing. That is not how dictators behave.

Obama famously quipped that he had a pen and a phone and thus didn't need to wait for Congress to act. We've yet to see similar behavior from Trump. Obama was far more urbane and articulate than Trump is, and far more willing to push the envelop when it came to exercising executive power.

Trump has repeatedly attacked courts and judges to a point where people have lost institutional faith on them.
People have lost faith in our courts for rendering obviously partisan judgments. Also, by "attacked" do you mean he criticized them?

Back