Russia Collusion Megathread v.10: one guilty plea, two indictments, one resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up on all this. What is the deal with Tony Podesta? I thought he and his brother were Dems so I'm confused how he ties into this.
Ha! They got you!

Manafort plays for both teams and the Podesta Group accepts all forms of money, no matter how bloody.

What we have here is Russian infiltration of the Republican Party and a major Democratic party lobbying group, potentially the Democratic Party if John Podesta is tied to this as well.

Why do you think he stepped down?

A whistleblower from inside the Podesta group came out and said they were working on uranium one. Don't hate the messenger.
Possible FARA violation, but I haven't seen any reporting that shows they knew that The European Centre for a Modern Ukraine was actually a Russian front. As far as the facts show, the Podesta group thought they were working for a non-governmental organization. Now, it's possible that's bullshit, but we have no evidence yet that it's the case.

Also, I don't care if they end up getting charged as well.

lol at the League of Shadows wrecking our political establishment

Just as I suspected. Nothingburgers all around *sarcasm*

The depths to which people are willing to sink. Justifying treason. Pathetic.

So this Papadapolous guy is in trouble not for trying to get the dirt on Hilary but for lying about it?
I'm sure he plead down to that charge. Jeffey Toobin thinks he has been wearing a wire since July based on the language in the indictment.

Ha! They got you!

Manafort plays for both teams and the Podesta Group accepts all forms of money, no matter how bloody.

What we have here is Russian infiltration of the Republican Party and a major Democratic party lobbying group, potentially the Democratic Party if John Podesta is tied to this as well.

<{Joewithit}>

Holy fuck. Your telling me that while John Podesta was running Hilary's campaign, Tony Podesta and the Podesta group were conspiring with the Trump campaign, through guys like Manafort? That's gotta be wrong, that's so crazy I'm guessing I just misunderstood you or something.

<28>

lol at the League of Shadows wrecking our political establishment
gY4jzi5.gif

<{Joewithit}>

Holy fuck. Your telling me that while John Podesta was running Hilary's campaign, Tony Podesta and the Podesta group were conspiring with the Trump campaign, through guys like Manafort? That's gotta be wrong, that's so crazy I'm guessing I just misunderstood you or something.

<28>
Manafort contracted work for a group in Ukraine in 2012-2013 with the Podesta Group having some level of involvement. It's not about the campaign with this part of the story.

Once again, you're confusing facts here. Manafort, on behalf of The European Centre for Modern Ukraine, hired the Podesta group to lobby for that group. Not directly for Yanukovych, not even directly for his political party. For a non-profit group who turned out to be a Russian front. Also, the reporting doesn't say if the Podesta group knew that they(ECMU) were really a government backed entity.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/podesta-manafort-lobbying/index.html

Tell me you don't believe their ignorance claim. For the love of Christ, tell me you don't. The Podesta's have been considered among the best at what they do for years, and you're arguing they didn't know what they got into? It's being reported by multiple sources that a foreign Manafort bank account directly wired the Podesta Group their consulting fee to the tune of $1.2m ffs. I even link you liberal-leaning news sites. How much more proof do you need?

<{Joewithit}>

<28>

Yeah, it didn't happen during the campaign, if at all.

<{Joewithit}>

<28>
*you're

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/podesta-manafort-lobbying/index.html

Tell me you don't believe their ignorance claim. For the love of Christ, tell me you don't. The Podesta's have been considered among the best at what they do for years, and you're arguing they didn't know what they got into? It's being reported by multiple sources that a foreign Manafort bank account directly wired the Podesta Group their consulting fee to the tune of $1.2m ffs. I even link you liberal-leaning news sites. How much more proof do you need?
No, I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that there is no proof. I'd be fine with them(The Podesta Group) being charged if there was wrongdoing. I don't care about them at all.

Manafort contracted work for a group in Ukraine in 2012-2013 with the Podesta Group having some level of involvement. It's not about the campaign with this part of the story.

My guess is they're just going after the Podesta Group in order to get some more dirt via plea deals.

Their alleged crimes are far less grievous.

It appears to be a simple FARA violation, at worst.

It would make sense as they're an American entity and they'll have easier access to records, in regards to a plea deal.

Maybe get a few more bank accounts, who knows.

<{Joewithit}>

<28>
No. I'm telling you Manafort and the Podesta Group were working together at the behest of the Russian government. To what extent Trump and Clinton knew remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back