russian fighter

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
came across this vid, looks like hes russian(?) and he fights: kudo, mma, kickboxing....pretty impressive

Adam Khaliev, yes. He is from Grozny, Chechnya and was scheduled to make his UFC debut in January 2014. Unfortunately, his debut was scrapped from the event (UFC on FOX: Henderson vs Thompson (in Chicago)) and Khaliev seemed to have lost interest, and then retired from mma.

Khaliev has a brother, Khusein Khaliev who is still fighting in mma, and recently won a fight last month.

Adam Khaliev, yes. He is from Grozny, Chechnya and was scheduled to make his UFC debut in January 2014. Unfortunately, his debut was scrapped from the event (UFC on FOX: Henderson vs Thompson (in Chicago)) and Khaliev seemed to have lost interest, and then retired from mma.

Khaliev has a brother, Khusein Khaliev who is still fighting in mma, and recently won a fight last month.
Damn what a way to kill the MMA dream.

His name is Adam Khaliev as @ArtemV mentioned.

He's a multiple Kudo world champion. He's the most dominant Kudo champion in recent history. He's literally been wrecking everyone for the last decade.

His primary striking base is TKD.

He's still competing I think in Kudo. He retired officially from MMA a few years back. It's a shame because I'd like to have seen how well he would have done.

Hisaki Kato is also from Kudo & a world champion (currently in bellator):

Adam was 6-0 and Khusein is 18-1 with the one loss coming by SD.
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/31433-adam-khaliev
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/31432-khusein-khaliev
<mma4>
The Kudo background qualifies them for my "Karate in MMA" list. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back