Russian State-Sponsored Doping Scandal: Russia BANNED From The 2018 Winter Olympics!!!

Have any of you guys tried perfomance enhancing drugs? It's not like it's a free ride to the top of the game.

I tried prohormones back in the day when you can buy them over the counter. I have to say it was fantastic. I could train as hard as I wanted to. I was less susceptible to injury and had much shorter recovery times. It basically allowed me to take my training level to find the extent of my athletic ability. I had to work my ass off. But I could thanks to modern chemistry.

Why don't we get these pharma companies working on PEDs that don't have nasty side effects?

Exactly. PED's are not the Super Soldier Serum, or we'd all look like Captain America. Or at least like Bucky. PED's provide an edge for athletes who are genetically gifted and willing to go through insane training. No more, no less.

I have no doubt that within a couple of decades, chemical performance enhancement will be obsolete anyway. Direct manipulation of an atletes DNA will be the next big thing.

i took PHs when they were first legal and GNC was selling them under the table. gains were made and had similar results.

the thing about them though is there are always side effects; when test increases, so does your estro. if you want legal PEDs, talk to your doc about TRT. at least under the supervision of a knowledgeable, you can cruise for years and have little to no side effects

Yeah, I had a friend who juiced. Didn't take that anti estrogen stuff. Grew a nice pair of tits, like Meatloaf in Fight Club.

Although he competed for Uzbekistan, I was so totally not surprised when this Russian tested positive recently, and had one of his golds taken.

Dude didn't even look human anymore.

Lol, this Russiaphpobia and Witch Hunt has completely gone off the charts. The deep state and globalists are trying to wage war with Russia in every way that they possibly can. It's just embarrassing that so many people buy the MSM propaganda and are so completely clueless: "Well, Rachel Maddow said it so it must be true! She's on MSNC, that is a real new station!".

Damn man, you're in deep. Maybe you should lay off the krokodil, comrade.

36ib5lw-gif.3558

Anyone catch this documentary? Its simply amazing what this guy stumbled into. Open spoiler if you want to read about, but I recommend you watch it first knowing nothing about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333060/

large_Icarus.jpg

The premise of the documentary was interesting enough.. A guy tests PEDs on himself to determine their benefits. His method was scientific enough to prove the benefits, although the mechanical problems he had destroyed the final conclusive results. The 20% power boost he achieved speaks loads.

The story took a huge twist when the Russian Olympics scandal broke and he happened to be working with the guy in charge of it all. Simple dumb luck on his part but it was fascinating to watch.

What the Russian Doping Scandal Means for the 2018 Winter Olympics
By Grace Donnelly | January 5, 2018

The 2018 Winter Olympics, which take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea from Feb. 9 through Feb. 25, will be missing a key competitor.

While the North Korean team may be invited to participate and people speculate on whether ticket sales will fall flat amid security concerns, one thing is certain: The Russian team will not be allowed to compete.

Some Russian athletes have been banned from the games for life.

Which Russian athletes have been banned for life

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned 43 Russian athletes for doping during the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

The most recent rulings from the IOC came at the end of December and banned 11 more athletes: Luge competitors Tatiana Ivanova and Albert Demchenko; speed skaters Ivan Skobrev and Artem Kuznetcov; cross-country skiers Nikita Kryukov, Alexander Bessmertnykh, and Natalia Matveeva; bobsledders Liudmila Udobkina and Maxim Belugin; and ice hockey players Tatiana Burina and Anna Shchukina.

(L to R) Denis Yuskov, Ivan skobrev and Aleksandr Rumyantsev of Russia compete during the Men's Team Pursuit Quarterfinals Speed Skating event on day fourteen of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics at Adler Arena Skating Center on February 21, 2014 in Sochi, Russia.

All 43 are expected to appeal their lifetime bans in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). The CAS is an independent ruling body, but its jurisdiction is recognized by all Olympic and non-Olympic federations.

Although the team is banned, some Russian athletes will still compete under a neutral flag. They won’t be allowed to wear their country’s colors on their uniforms.

Why Russian athletes are banned

The IOC has been re-testing all Russian athletes’ samples from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi for performance-enhancing drugs after Grigory Rodchenkov, the former head of Moscow’s discredited anti-doping laboratory, revealed a state-run doping scheme in 2016.

The whistleblower fled to the United States and now says he fears for his life.

There are 46 cases the IOC is investigating as part of the doping apparatus that they say benefitted Russian athletes from between 2011 and 2015. The latest 11 rulings at the end of December resulted in all athletes being banned. And since then, three athletes have been cleared.

The IOC retroactively disqualified all of Russia’s athletes in the Sochi games and stripped the country of the 13 medals it won there. The Russian Olympic Committee was also ordered to pay the IOC $15 million to cover the costs of the investigation and to help establish an Independent Testing Authority.

Beyond the Winter Olympics

Some Russian competitors banned from the Olympics will still be able to participate in other international games.

Seven Russian bobsled and skeleton athletes banned by the IOC were cleared to compete in World Cup events, the CAS confirmed Thursday.

The Russian deputy prime minister Vitaly Mutko and FIFA President Gianni Infantino talk to the media during a talk show presentation prior to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Draw at the Kremlin on December 1, 2017 in Moscow, Russia.

The chairman of Russia’s local World Cup organizing committee stepped down amid allegations that he supervised and funded the state-run doping operation. Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Mutko is fighting a lifetime ban from the Olympics and FIFA officials thanked him for stepping aside “in the interests of the 2018 World Cup in Russia,” state-run media reported.

Mutko denies the existence of any state-sponsored doping program.

“I am not resigning and my mandate will be still valid,” he said, according to RT. “I will definitely return after the six months, perhaps earlier.”

http://fortune.com/2018/01/05/winter-olympics-russian-doping/

The Olympic Athletes from Russia won gold in Men's Hockey.

Back