Russians caught impersonating BLM groups all over the internet

Oh you left wing conspiracy nuts and your Marxist plots to destabilize the west... what's next, they're trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids? That's why commies don't drink water, only vodka!

https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/russi...er-facebook-ads-targeting-ferguson-baltimore/

"Sources tell CNN that a Kremlin-backed group known as the “Internet Research Agency” used geographically targeted advertising to fuel political discord in various parts of the US as tensions rose between the black community and police last year.

At least one of the roughly 3,000 ads that the agency bought during the election promoted Black Lives Matter specifically, the outlet reports."

I wonder who could win with this? And for you idiots that love to post tweets and fake news about BLM. Think twice, it might be a russian troll.
Who, who could have guessed?

Who, who denies it almost pathologically?

Hmmm.

Good thing our president is waging a war against top law agencies.
In his own country, ffs.

When will this shitshow end

Bolded is a huge issue as the internet is a horrible place to get perspective on reality. This seems very prevelant on thd right as the group most likely to spend a significant portion of their time on the internet are young isolated white males who tend to hold right wing social views and who crave anger inducing information.

Not sure how accurate that is, but I've "met" some very highly intelligent people on the net along with every manner of sub-mental cretin you can imagine.

I feel like Mark Zuckerberg should be testifying before congress on why Facebook accepted millions from Russian sources that bought ad revenue for 100m+ people.

Why shouldn't Russians be allowed to advertise on Facebook? Why shouldn't Russia have an opinion on our elections and shout it from the rooftops? The US does it all the time. Facebook is not a branch of the US government. They don't serve the United States or its people. They serve their shareholders. And as a shareholder, I say keep those ads coming. It is money. And no less garbage than the US media. The american media is more divisive and is tearing apart our country more.

Last edited:
Russia has a long history of trying to use race to divide Americans.

Look at cold war soviet era propaganda. It brings up the KKK, blacks are oppressed by whites, etc.

Russia has a long history of trying to use race to divide Americans.

Look at cold war soviet era propaganda. It brings up the KKK, blacks are oppressed by whites, etc.

Well, those are legit critiques and still used by the modern left. In this thread we have people playing the race card.

Like this guy:

The Alt-Right/Righwing GOP base would see no problem in Russian bots and trolls impersonating BLM, because, in their books, anything that hurts Black attempts at holding police accountable is good.

I am all for holding police accountable but how about some accountability from the black community? Black neighborhods arent dangerous and poor because of fuckin police.

So I don't get it.

Liberals, does this mean BLM is bad now?

https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/russi...er-facebook-ads-targeting-ferguson-baltimore/

"Sources tell CNN that a Kremlin-backed group known as the “Internet Research Agency” used geographically targeted advertising to fuel political discord in various parts of the US as tensions rose between the black community and police last year.

At least one of the roughly 3,000 ads that the agency bought during the election promoted Black Lives Matter specifically, the outlet reports."

I wonder who could win with this? And for you idiots that love to post tweets and fake news about BLM. Think twice, it might be a russian troll.
Oh i thought the Russians were Trumps friends?

One more reason why some of the shittiest threads start with someone saying "Look at this twitter post from a group I don't like."

It's particularly interesting how many people say the the liberals, Obama, etc. made race relations worse when they are often frequent consumers of the type of media that the Russians were allegedly producing precisely to make race relations worse.

I've said this frequently - I never run across anyone in real life who holds the opinions that the WR is telling me all these liberal groups are holding. Turns out that might be because no one in real life is holding them and some people just consume too much internet. If this story is true, a lot of Americans are gullible idiots.
Lol you are gullible or disingenuous for saying this garbage.

Well, those are legit critiques and still used by the modern left. In this thread we have people playing the race card.

Like this guy:

I am all for holding police accountable but how about some accountability from the black community? Black neighborhods arent dangerous and poor because of fuckin police.

Police/citizen interactions are like any relationship. They need to listen to each other. Respect each other. What we seem to have nowadays is people wanting only the police held accountable; rightly so, while completely absolving citizens of any accountability. Is it really that egregious to ask people to act like civilized semi enlightened beings ?

Shitty things that happen between police/citizens rarely happen in a vacuum.

Back