Russians UFC should sign

Besides the Kazakh fighter Kairat Akhmetov. They need to sign Yunus Evloev and Gregory Popov for the Flyweight divisions.

I would like to see Vagab Vagabov have a go in the UFC, and its about time they sign Khusein Khaliev. They signed his brother Adam back in 2013 but he ended up retiring from MMA.

Khaliev trains in the US at K-Dojo, so don't see what's the hold up from signing him. Vagabov had a infamous 2-fight run at WSOF a few years back, but he should be good for the UFC audience.
Khaliev, now that is a name that I haven't heard in some time... he was supposed to debut in 2013? vs Pascal Krauss, right? But got injured and never really showed incentive to fight anymore... I believe he got signed, but just never did anything.

Khusein would be good, though - I haven't watched any of his fights before, but if he fights anything like his brother did, then it would be cool. I would like Timur Valiev to get signed, too. But he is fighting for this LFC, or whatever it is called. WSOF + Legacy fc.

Khaliev, now that is a name that I haven't heard in some time... he was supposed to debut in 2013? vs Pascal Krauss, right? But got injured and never really showed incentive to fight anymore... I believe he got signed, but just never did anything.

Khusein would be good, though - I haven't watched any of his fights before, but if he fights anything like his brother did, then it would be cool. I would like Timur Valiev to get signed, too. But he is fighting for this LFC, or whatever it is called. WSOF + Legacy fc.

Khaliev has been doing very well, 17-1 including a T/KO win over Shamil Zavurov. His record is a good mix of KOs and Subs. But he's 29 now, and they need to sign him ASAP.

UFC keeps signing guys who are old, nearing their 30s or over. Muslim Salikhov and Sultan Aliev spent most of their lives as decorated world amateurs but they got signed when? 31 and 33. On top of the fact, most Russian fighters only get 1 match a year, which is ridiculous. They're too old or too inactive, unlike say Khabib or Zabit who signed young at 24 and 26, respectively. Instead they sign old CANS like Saparbek Safarov who fought 2 times in 4 years.

Vagabov is 31 now, but he's a MW/LHW with fighting experience, so that's not too late for him given his division and experience. Ranked #5 MW/LHW in Russia by Tapology.

Yunus Evloev is 33, but he's been fighting since 2006, and ranked #1 FLW in Russia. So he too is good, but for every other fighter from Russia i absolutely do NOT like that they're signed when they're 29 or 31, because they have no room to improve.

Besides the Kazakh fighter Kairat Akhmetov. They need to sign Yunus Evloev and Gregory Popov for the Flyweight divisions.

I would like to see Vagab Vagabov have a go in the UFC, and its about time they sign Khusein Khaliev. They signed his brother Adam back in 2013 but he ended up retiring from MMA.

Khaliev trains in the US at K-Dojo, so don't see what's the hold up from signing him. Vagabov had a infamous 2-fight run at WSOF a few years back, but he should be good for the UFC audience.
From what I've seen from Evloev he is not very good (at least he is not UFC/Bellator level). I think people in Russia sees him like that - veteran gatekeeper past his prime. He is 33 years old not, not very young for Flyweight.
Adam is not retired. He can't pass UFC medicals and his contract expired. But he said UFC said to him that when he will be healthy enought they will sign him again.
When did Khusein trained at K-Dojo last time? I have a feeling years has passed since he was there.

Khaliev has been doing very well, 17-1 including a T/KO win over Shamil Zavurov. His record is a good mix of KOs and Subs. But he's 29 now, and they need to sign him ASAP.

UFC keeps signing guys who are old, nearing their 30s or over. Muslim Salikhov and Sultan Aliev spent most of their lives as decorated world amateurs but they got signed when? 31 and 33. On top of the fact, most Russian fighters only get 1 match a year, which is ridiculous. They're too old or too inactive, unlike say Khabib or Zabit who signed young at 24 and 26, respectively. Instead they sign old CANS like Saparbek Safarov who fought 2 times in 4 years.

Vagabov is 31 now, but he's a MW/LHW with fighting experience, so that's not too late for him given his division and experience. Ranked #5 MW/LHW in Russia by Tapology.

Yunus Evloev is 33, but he's been fighting since 2006, and ranked #1 FLW in Russia. So he too is good, but for every other fighter from Russia i absolutely do NOT like that they're signed when they're 29 or 31, because they have no room to improve.
Sometimes it's fighters fault. I think Emeev said that he got UFC offer back in 2015. Vasilevsky I think said that UFC wanted to sign him back in 2014 after he beat Falcao. UFC announced fight for Bekbulat Magomedov back in 2013 (I think) but he decided to fight at event of Chinese promotion instead. According to their coach Magomed Idrisov and Rashid Yuspov received UFC contracts but chose other promotions instead. I think Oleg Borisov said that he had a chance to sign wth UFC years ago but something didn't worked out.

How about none of them because they all suck?

The Father of Sage

latest

Back