Ryron & Rener Gracie: Free Technique

Is "keeping it playful" their way of entering the sport jiu jitsu world?

Armlock to Reverse Triangle

bl39XqY6MAj

https://vine.co/v/bl39XqY6MAj

Last edited:
How about showing some of the sick techniques he used against Galvao? Like the one where he lays on the floor like a pregnant cat until the match is over.

come on man really? not saying Galvao didnt win the match in theory under normal BJJ rules but Ryron was patient and had some very very nice escape in that match.

And even if you hated that match, how does it make the technique he is showing irrevelant?? he is still a super good black belt even if you dont agree with his physlosophy or the way he fought against Galvao.

come on man really? not saying Galvao didnt win the match in theory under normal BJJ rules but Ryron was patient and had some very very nice escape in that match.

And even if you hated that match, how does it make the technique he is showing irrevelant?? he is still a super good black belt even if you dont agree with his physlosophy or the way he fought against Galvao.

Very nice escapes? Do we really need to start prizing people for their escapes?

Very nice escapes? Do we really need to start prizing people for their escapes?

they were nice escapes, I didnt ask you to like him for it, I was just adressing his sentence saying he laid there waiting but he did escape numerous times. Would I have liked to see more attack from him? yes of course but easier said than done against a guy like galvao.

meh. still not a fan of GJJ. I just like the enthusiasm Rener has in his vids. thats about it.

Those are some really slick techniques. Thanks for sharing.

Can't we all just get along? lol

I'm a fan of both sport and GJJ.

Geez, he posts some gifs of Ryron doing techniques and people jump all over him for that?

This is interesting that he prefers to fall to the under hook side when back escapes always teach you to fall to this same side because it's easier to escape that way than if you fall to the choke side. Unless he means to fall to the under hook side only when you want to abort the choke and switch to the armbar?
Then yeah.

If you fall to the strong-side (i.e. arm over the shoulder), then you can only attack with a choke.

If you fall to the weak-side (i.e. arm under the armpit), then you can attack choke or armlock.

More options against a more savy opponent.

ThatBJJGuy, it's not too crazy of a move.

21263_601103919913200_1204882803_n.jpg

It's just your basic far-side elbow-cup armbar from knee-on-belly.. except upside-down.

If you fall to the strong-side (i.e. arm over the shoulder), then you can only attack with a choke.

If you fall to the weak-side (i.e. arm under the armpit), then you can attack choke or armlock.

More options against a more savy opponent.

Ok, the first video makes it clear that his intention is to go for the arm and no longer the choke. I knew the armbar from the back. I was just wondering about falling to the weak side if it was for choking since this is the guy's best chance to escape the back mount. When you bring him to the strong side is much harder for him to escape. Pretty much every back escape I have seen starts from falling to the weak side as the correct side. Not that there are no alternative escapes starting from the strong side, but it's harder. So falling to the weak side you are also helping the guy escape sort of saying. Obviously depends on your control etc but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. :)

Back