Ryse Son of Rome still has the best gfx ever **UPDATE** Now it's Far Cry Primal

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing has topped Ryse it looks like a CGI movie, The Order doesnt even come close

Long live the king Cryengine

Too bad it was all style and very little substance.

Thanks for the sweet screenshots

Nothing has topped Ryse it looks like a CGI movie, The Order doesnt even come close

Long live the king Cryengine
thread makes it look pretty comparable to zork
398361-zork-ii-the-wizard-of-frobozz-dos-screenshot-it-is-pitch-black.png

It's this generation's "The Bouncer".

I just got an Xbone at the start of January. I had considered picking this up till I watched a review that made it look pretty boring and repetitive. Not a fan of QuickTime events or whatever they’re called either.

My Xbone came with Halo 5 and Gears 4, so I’m not sure what that leaves for Xbox exclusives (I’ve got a ton of games on my PS4)? Quantum Break?

I have this game on my Steam account, and tried playing it once, but quickly quit for some reason.

Is it any good?

Hey man... I got it on Steam sale 75% off today as well. I think it looks good too but come'on...

I thought The Order looked better.

I never played either because they both fell on their faces.

I don't agree at all.

I have a decent PC with a 1080ti and while Ryse looked great in some areas, the forrest and beach for example, it never blew my mind. Maybe if it was first person, but with the same 7 or 8 enemy models, whatever clear visuals it had, quickly wore off.

Assassins Creed Origins provides almost the same graphics but with 10x the scale, especially the verticalness.

I thought The Order looked better.

The Order has some of thr best post processing effects seen in video games. The bloom alone, man. I still shudder when I think of bloom implemented in The Witcher series. But the way The Order implemented it was, real.

thread makes it look pretty comparable to zork
398361-zork-ii-the-wizard-of-frobozz-dos-screenshot-it-is-pitch-black.png

I killed a grue in Zork-1 once! I felt like I had found the Holy Grail. But then again, I was around 15 back then. :)

Last edited:
I don't agree at all.

I have a decent PC with a 1080ti and while Ryse looked great in some areas, the forrest and beach for example, it never blew my mind. Maybe if it was first person, but with the same 7 or 8 enemy models, whatever clear visuals it had, quickly wore off.

Assassins Creed Origins provides almost the same graphics but with 10x the scale, especially the verticalness.

AC Origins is a much better game, but its graphics are no where near as good as Ryse

AC Origins is a much better game, but its graphics are no where near as good as Ryse

Are you serious? I have both, and being completely honest, I never and took notice of Ryse's graphics ever. AC Origins is far and away the best graphics on a console so far. It's not even remotely close.

It's like comparing the looks of Monica Belucci to Janet Reno.

Are you serious? I have both, and being completely honest, I never and took notice of Ryse's graphics ever. AC Origins is far and away the best graphics on a console so far. It's not even remotely close.

It's like comparing the looks of Monica Belucci to Janet Reno.

You obviously don't know shit about graphics

Back