Ryse Son of Rome still has the best gfx ever **UPDATE** Now it's Far Cry Primal

So what game currently out now has the best graphics?

I think the bar is set with Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy and will be dethroned when Last of Us 2 is released.

This is the current bar for visual fidelity in open or linear design.

You got uncharted over anything on PC at Max settings?

Interesting..

I have this game on my Steam account, and tried playing it once, but quickly quit for some reason.

Is it any good?

Have you played the Batman games? The combat is a like a simpler, worse version of that - minus the stealth / predator modes, investigations, open world, gadgets etc.

If that sounds overly harsh, it's just honest. I got it in some humblebundle and beat it. Very short, very shallow and the story is kind of dumb. Still, Batman combat is pretty great regardless, so it was enough fun that I at least finished it.

I think the bar is set with Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy and will be dethroned when Last of Us 2 is released.

This is the current bar for visual fidelity in open or linear design.

Yeah... No.
1fVw7ug

What's better?
Far Cry 3 on PC, Far Cry 4 on PC, Far Cry Primal on PC, Witcher 3 on PC, Forza 7 on PC, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice on PC, the Division on PC, Crysis 3 on PC, Just Cause 3 on PC, pretty much anything on PC

Far Cry 3 on PC, Far Cry 4 on PC, Far Cry Primal on PC, Witcher 3 on PC, Forza 7 on PC, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice on PC, the Division on PC, Crysis 3 on PC, Just Cause 3 on PC, pretty much anything on PC

Oh, wow. I didn't realize you were so clueless. Carry on!

Oh, wow. I didn't realize you were so clueless. Carry on!
You're the one who thinks a console game could have the best graphics out....

You're the one who thinks a console game could have the best graphics out....

Because I'm not an idiot. Console / PC are mediums in which game engines are developed on. Farcry 3 PS3 / Farcry 3 PC are the exact same engines with some minor differences like resolution, framerate and maybe a few exclusive AMD / Nvidia feaures, or engine effects. Roughly they will be very, very comparable and the assets will be identical in regards to polygon count, environment, animations, etc. You may get things like foliage, and better post effects but again the *game* at its core is present on both the PS3 & PC versions.

PC's are more powerful, yes. But running Farcry 3 at 12k resolution w/ 144hz won't create a more advanced graphic fidelity than a more advanced engine running at 30hz 720p. So with this example, do you understand that the resolution and frame rate don't determine the functionality of the engine, but rather how well the engine runs?

I don't like the uncharted franchise I've never been a fan of linear games. But I can say it does have some of the best facial capture seen in game.

I'm not smart enough to put what I want to say in words without coming off like a retard. I build computers and create textures and models for games but I don't know the words I need. Perhaps @Madmick can share his thoughts on this. Whether I'm right or wrong I'm more than happy to learn.

I don't like the uncharted franchise I've never been a fan of linear games. But I can say it does have some of the best facial capture seen in game.

I'm not smart enough to put what I want to say in words without coming off like a retard. I build computers and create textures and models for games but I don't know the words I need. Perhaps @Madmick can share his thoughts on this. Whether I'm right or wrong I'm more than happy to learn.

Show me some of your work, curious!

Also think about if Uncharted 4, Last of Us 2 hit the PC and could run at 4k / 60hz. I think they would look the best, or alongside the best PC titles running at maximum graphics. So by that notion I'm granting them that right of passage, I can look beyond the lower framerate and resolution.

A company like Naughty Dawg dedicating all their design, and development power exclusively to the PC would result in even more astonishing work. I think that is the point you are making, and you are correct. But in the mean time most engines (and certainly some of the most impressive) share a similar development cycle with the PC features coming in later or being cut out entirely. So consoles in this playing field can temporarily jump ahead and produce an engine that not even PC games can compete with, regardless if they out perform it, performance wise.

In regards to open world design? Nothing has come close (not even Origins) to touching GTA5.

http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2015/11/02/gta-v-graphics-study/

GTA5 is *still* the open world king, and it's mind blowing they got it running on a PS3.

Yeah GTA5 is amazing

They don't go for uber detail, but rather a more cohesive look tied together with a brilliant physics engine

And I like that there is very little obvious LOD pop in on max settings, something AC games still need to work on

I'm still not seeing it. I have a 1080ti so I play maxed out but it just doesnt do it for me. The repeating characters alone set it back 10 points. How the fuck can a AAA game have as many character models as GTA 3?

The levels that do stand out are the forrest and the night levels soon after.

My top 3 for best graphics are GTA V (duh), Metro Last Light, and Deus Ex 4.

Yeah GTA5 is amazing

They don't go for uber detail, but rather a more cohesive look tied together with a brilliant physics engine

And I like that there is very little obvious LOD pop in on max settings, something AC games still need to work on

Spot on about the cohesive looks. The overall image of the different skys, road/dirt textures, foliage, and vehicles makes it look so alive.

The cinematic camera also is fucking incredible. I wish more games allowed a dynamic ghost view camera. It seems trivial but the different angles make the same textures actually look completely different.

If you stop a car in GTA V and hit the cinematic camera and just switch views, it feels like you are teleporting to different places. Lol

Looks kind of average to me? Primal does have some great stuff in it though.

Back