S--t you hate in video games.....

Anything related to microtransactions, DLCs, purposeful grinding to make microtransactions more appealing, and taking out original content out of the initial development cycle to be sold later as DLCs.

$60 to buy / Pay $$$ to win - Multiplayer.

Thjs shit is becoming a fucking cancer to video games.

I've noticed this post has received alot more likes since RDR2 online came out.

Bethesda made quests(obsidians new vegas was goat considering story and quests)

Ubisoft climb the tower/tree/neighbours wife and it unlocks new area on the map

Apparently the loot system is weak as hell.

The only way to get big sums of cash and gold bars is going to be through microtransactions.
Yea that actually sounds about right.

Money is real crap in it. Rob people for 2c and stuff.

On rails experiences and these stupidass tutorials that treat me like a complete barnacle.
Ubisoft is so fucking shit when it comes to this. I really loved AC Odyssey, but those first three to four hours made me lose my will to live.

I love games that let me figure stuff out on my own.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I can't stand the powercreep in Destiny. I understand the appeal of slowly progressing in a game with endgame activity (I love me some ARPG), but to me, it never quite felt right in Destiny. I'm not much of a raid man so that might hold me back in leveling I guess. I just hate games these days that basically force you to group up to play the good stuff. And it seems to get worse and worse, like raids is all you can do for 'the sweet loot'. Maybe it's because I'm older and don't have the luxury of playing these time sink games anymore (plus I can't stand being yelled at by some 14 year old loser who just runs raids all day when I kindly ask him to explain cause I don't know what the fuck he's talking about), but I much prefer games that let me solo run basically all endgame content (POE, rifts in Diablo etc etc).

Last edited:
I hate trailing and sneak missions ... also hate having to update every time I wanna play

Failing a mission, or getting relentlessly killed when a mission sets me out to do something without ever teaching me how to tackle the objective in a neutral environment.

I hate sequels which try to change too much...case in point : South Park : The Fractured But Whole. The first game (Stick of Truth) had a very fun combat system with weapons, attachments, and was easy to figure out and moved along at a face pace. Fractured But Whole plays like you're in molasses the entire time with SLOW combat, a new "grid" system so often you can't even hit your enemies or heal your teammates.

I just look at the first game and can see some room for improvement, but who the hell thought slowing things down was a good idea? Some of these boss battles take 15-20 minutes and it's not exciting at all. The grid system is irritating and not fun in any manner. I was hoping it would expand upon the combat system of the first game, but instead they went and changed everything about the way the game plays. Very few things were implemented well, but I did enjoy the way they made the "buddy-help" system much more user-friendly.

Stamina bars in wrestling/fighting games.

Let me bang bro!

Re-reading through this thread is kinda therapeutic. I wish every game developer had to read this.

And another one: Games where you are supposed to go a certain way and if you dont enemies just keep coming until you run out of ammo and die. I remember one of the older COD games was horrible for this. Advanced Wadfare i think.

Last edited:
Games with auto-saves, that only saves it during campaign missions, and leaves you with a false sense of security.

Only bring it up, because it recently happened to me during one of the castle sieges in "The Witcher 3". I go in there, dispatch like 100 fucking enemies, reach the main guy I need to kill, and get taken out by some pointless exploding barrel that has no place in this game. Reload last save...*shutter*....

Also, exploding barrels that instantly kill you, in games that shouldn't have exploding barrels, and don't emphasize them at all throughout a 100 hours of gameplay, so when you get killed by one, you're like "What the fuck just happened?"

Games with auto-saves, that only saves it during campaign missions, and leaves you with a false sense of security.

Only bring it up, because it recently happened to me during one of the castle sieges in "The Witcher 3". I go in there, dispatch like 100 fucking enemies, reach the main guy I need to kill, and get taken out by some pointless exploding barrel that has no place in this game. Reload last save...*shutter*....

Also, exploding barrels that instantly kill you, in games that shouldn't have exploding barrels, and don't emphasize them at all throughout a 100 hours of gameplay, so when you get killed by one, you're like "What the fuck just happened?"
Yeah the whole "everything red explodes" is waaayyyy overdone. What im playing now, The Division 2, is no exception.

Microtransactions if it's anything but cosmetics, fuck right off!
Play stealth to get good ending - they show you your enemies as some tyrannical monsters but nooo, dont kill them. I killed every single commie bastard in Metro last light, try and change my mind.
Bullet sponge enemies (especially humanoid ones) - a headshot from a railgun is lethal for a humanoid, there's nothing to discuss.
Cutting parts off the game and selling them as DLC's - DLCs can be good (witcher 3) and bad (ME3)

106.gif

Constant online connection "required" for a single player game; fuck off with that bullshit. Closely related, gigantic patches/updates.

...Not being able to play on your own without wifi is just fucking stupid....
QF-fucking-T!

Granted, this thread was started in March and I only paid attention to it now; but that's utter horseshit and I came to post it. That's probably the main reason why this will likely be the last generation of consoles I own, it can only get worse, especially with how gigantic patches are nowadays and how pointless having a physical copy is.

If I had the patience for install times and constant online connection, I'd have been a PC gamer.

Microtransactions. Or as some evil EA lawyer called it 'Surprise mechanics.' ROFL.

Back