S--t you hate in video games.....

I hate DLC as well. I have a friend that's trying to get me to play FFXV again. He said all the stuff they added made the game better but I refuse to pay more money for shit that should have been finished when the game was released.
Square Enix and EA are fucking awful about this.
I didn't play this game yet because of that, I'm waiting until Square stops the bullshit and leave the fucking game alone. Since it's not online I don't care.

I did the same with Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3.

"The real games starts after the credits"

No, fuck you. Ive beaten the game already. Im not going to play it again on HARD MODE ++ RAGE TIME just to fight a special boss, or get a trophy, or brag that I hit level 9000 and am on my 15th playthrough. If your game needs 15 additional difficulty levels or 500 character levels for it to be replayable, you made a shitty game.

Meh, it's brief opening cinematic.

Ever played the MGS games? I love them, but the openings of MGS3 and MGS4 are absolutely fucking ridiculous. A good two to two and half hours, before you actually get to play the game without getting interrupted by cut scenes and codec conversations every two seconds.

MGS cut scenes are life. I'm in the minority on this though.

Stealth games with no manual save feature. Any stealth game wort it's salt is going to require multiple attempts to clear without being seen. Not having a manual save is a pain in the ass.

It's a little fringe, but bosses that aren't supposed to be beaten. You ever run into these "you're supposed to die" bosses, and wasted all of your key items on them, before dying, and realizing it was just some bullshit to set up a cut scene?
Oh yeah. Sometimes, it's possible to win with a big commitment of dedicated cheese, but it just breaks your game if you do.

the Batmobile in Arkham Knight.

just let me be the Fucking Batman.

Hahaha, my son didnt play that game for about 4 years because of that, he has played it since and sees it as an onconvinience now

It's a little fringe, but bosses that aren't supposed to be beaten. You ever run into these "you're supposed to die" bosses, and wasted all of your key items on them, before dying, and realizing it was just some bullshit to set up a cut scene?

JRPG's are infamous for this sort of thing. Hated it. They don't do it nearly as much but in the early days it was way more common.

My #1 pet peeve in games are unclimbable mountains. Manus could killshot me 20x and it won't bother me like that, neither do gang-ups in shooters.

Skyrim has a bunch of these, as do most open-world games. Spend 20 minutes running around a mountain to get from point A to B. This still happens in today's games (though some like Elex figured out what a nuisance land masses can be).

Missions where you must be killed a dozen times before you pick up preferred pathways, and learn enemy patterns before you can succeed.

Collecting 100 of some scattered item on an open world map. I don’t get joy mindlessly meandering around a giant map checking every nook and cranny in hopes of finding some hidden items.

Also, game trailers that are nothing but cutscenes from the game and no actual gameplay footage. I don’t get that. I never bought a game because I was hoping the cutscenes were cool.

Hate PES 2016 when on level Top player computer do mistake that you know he would do again and again

My #1 pet peeve in games are unclimbable mountains. Manus could killshot me 20x and it won't bother me like that, neither do gang-ups in shooters.

Skyrim has a bunch of these, as do most open-world games. Spend 20 minutes running around a mountain to get from point A to B. This still happens in today's games (though some like Elex figured out what a nuisance land masses can be).

A Bethesda staple to be sure.

MGS V was also terrible for this. Let's see, got my bazooka, sniper rifle, grenades, flares, night vision goggles, landmines, animal traps, smart balloons...

Grappling hook? What the fuck is a grappling hook?

Collecting 100 of some scattered item on an open world map. I don’t get joy mindlessly meandering around a giant map checking every nook and cranny in hopes of finding some hidden items.

Also, game trailers that are nothing but cutscenes from the game and no actual gameplay footage. I don’t get that. I never bought a game because I was hoping the cutscenes were cool.

The only time I enjoy this kind of mind numbing hunt it when it adds to the story somehow. Items that give snippets of backround info about characters, or clues to hidden boss or area. But when it's just "Collect 50 hidden chicken tokens for this trophy!" and they add nothing to the game but time played, yah fuck that shit.

A Bethesda staple to be sure.

MGS V was also terrible for this. Let's see, got my bazooka, sniper rifle, grenades, flares, night vision goggles, landmines, animal traps, smart balloons...

Grappling hook? What the fuck is a grappling hook?

"Looks like a path to cross this, let's head up. Walks 5 mins. Damn, just a hop away....shit, can't reach...maybe cut through those rocks for some traction...stuck, gotta go back. *Fall to your death*. Let's go around the whole damn thing."

Looks at clock. Shit, gotta run soon.

They really should figure this out.

The only time I enjoy this kind of mind numbing hunt it when it adds to the story somehow. Items that give snippets of backround info about characters, or clues to hidden boss or area. But when it's just "Collect 50 hidden chicken tokens for this trophy!" and they add nothing to the game but time played, yah fuck that shit.

Yes, good distinction. Although, I tend not to care about the little text or audio logs scattered around as well. It’s usually nothing interesting or at all relevant with beating the game. But like you said, if it has a real purpose, then sure.

I enjoyed the hell out of hunting down audio logs in Borderlands games fornthe backstory involved, especially since some of the character backstories only added to the absurd hilarity of it all.

"Looks like a path to cross this, let's head up. Walks 5 mins. Damn, just a hop away....shit, can't reach...maybe cut through those rocks for some traction...stuck, gotta go back. *Fall to your death*. Let's go around the whole damn thing."

Looks at clock. Shit, gotta run soon.

They really should figure this out.
Breath of the wild did it great. If fou can see it, you can climb it.

Makes playing the other games that don't have that kind of flexibility like a hassle.

I enjoyed the hell out of hunting down audio logs in Borderlands games fornthe backstory involved, especially since some of the character backstories only added to the absurd hilarity of it all.
Some of those were hilarious. Some surprisingly sombre too, given the batshitness of the games.

Back