S--t you hate in video games.....

Breath of the wild did it great. If fou can see it, you can climb it.

Makes playing the other games that don't have that kind of flexibility like a hassle.

True. The one gripe I had with BOTW exploration was your horse relying on distance. They went with realism, but it just didn't work well for gameplay, as you would indeed climb, glide and shieldboard so far away that you had to often walk to a place you saw in the distance...with a sprint stamina meter.

True. The one gripe I had with BOTW exploration was your horse relying on distance. They went with realism, but it just didn't work well for gameplay, as you would indeed climb, glide and shieldboard so far away that you had to often walk to a place you saw in the distance...with a sprint stamina meter.
Yeah, and in the beginning of the game having just one circle of stamina is tough.

Yeah, and in the beginning of the game having just one circle of stamina is tough.

Chose stamina right away several times because of that, and also cuz climbing. the combat is more about stealth and countering, not that hard early on.

Chose stamina right away several times because of that, and also cuz climbing. the combat is more about stealth and countering, not that hard early on.
Me too, actually at the last portion of the game, I climbed around the castle and accidently entered the last boss lair

A Bethesda staple to be sure.

MGS V was also terrible for this. Let's see, got my bazooka, sniper rifle, grenades, flares, night vision goggles, landmines, animal traps, smart balloons...

Grappling hook? What the fuck is a grappling hook?
giphy.gif

Fucking PUBG.
Run for ten minutes, then get one-shotted by someone you never saw.
It's about who gets the drop on who, and involves a ton of luck.

It should be called War is Boring.

I felt that way for the first 100 hours or so. The better you get the less chance of that happening.

Not exposing yourself to dangerous angles, moving along safer lines, playing the terrain etc mitigate the ghost sniper effect for the most part.
Plus aim helps tremendously. I can win over half of fights that I don't start, where I take the first hit, but it takes a while to learn.

Not being able to save whenever I want.

Cut scenes that contain too much action. I want to play the action. This is a game, not a movie.

I felt that way for the first 100 hours or so. The better you get the less chance of that happening.

Not exposing yourself to dangerous angles, moving along safer lines, playing the terrain etc mitigate the ghost sniper effect for the most part.
Plus aim helps tremendously. I can win over half of fights that I don't start, where I take the first hit, but it takes a while to learn.
Sometimes I get a KILLED YOU BY PUNCH TO THE HEAD

Tutorials that go on for the first ten hours or more. Yes, I've learned that A jumps. I don't need an on-screen prompt every time throughout the game.

Game stories that hand hold too much and either take forever to explain the most obvious shit, or explain the same thing multiple times. Gamers aren't idiots. I loved Persona 5 but FFS did they have to explain the fucking metaverse every time a new character joined?

When characters in Japanese games are voice acted by an 8-year-old on helium.

My #1 pet peeve in games are unclimbable mountains. Manus could killshot me 20x and it won't bother me like that, neither do gang-ups in shooters.

Skyrim has a bunch of these, as do most open-world games. Spend 20 minutes running around a mountain to get from point A to B. This still happens in today's games (though some like Elex figured out what a nuisance land masses can be).

I remember crafting levitation boots in Oblivion that worked for one second per use at a ridiculously low charge/use.

Everything on the overworld map was now straightline travel. Didn't feel bad about it as Stiltstrider fast travel was a pain in.the ass.

When they give an option for anything other than male/female for character sex.

Back