SABAS SuperSoft boxing gloves

XxaemaeThxX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just got some 16 oz. SuperSoft SABAS after reading the reviews here and on google and boy am I happy:
4JePHbK.png

I was having some problems with my 12 oz. Ring To Cage, which are crafted really good with awesome leather, but they were kinda wide in the hand compartment (as others and videos have stated). They also didn't have enough padding on knuckle, but bear in mind that coiuld have been because I bought 12oz and properly 16oz would have been better for me. Before that, I had some 79$ Venum Elite's, and some 99$ Top King SuperStar Air, obviously none of which of those compare to the Ring to Cage and it seems the SABAS are on even another level.

I really didn't want to spend $200-300 on WINNING because I'm a college student currently, and of course GRANT is even more insane pricing, and that leaves Reyes, but from what I researched, that are more of a punchers glove with awkward thumb placement that leaves other glove options possibly better for bag work. Apparently the SuperSoft are more WINNING style and the ProSeries are more GRANT style per SABAS.

Anyway, these are just amazing . I hit the bag today and it felt orgasmic on my hand, the hand compartment is tailored to fit your hand perfectly (I have 8.5" circumference under my knuckles if that helps) and the leather is some damn good leather (potent smell) and able to clench my first with the gloves on and still feel my knuckles land flush even with 16oz. The gloves feel super tailored and sexy, like some Armani suit (except for your hands), not like big , loose, or puffy pillows.

I will see how these do in the next few months, and will likely be ordering some more pairs from SABAS in the future!

Nice man.

By the way, you probably got the recently-updated model of the Sabas SS.

Just a few months ago, they were only 2-layer and front-heavy.

Now they are 4-layer padding and provide a very balanced feel/fit; most likely the best version of this model to date.

And I believe that the ProSeries is their flagship model, meant to be a mix/balance of Grant-style and Winning-style.

While their most expensive model; Prime, is the one modeled after Grant.

Nice man.

By the way, you probably got the recently-updated model of the Sabas SS.

Just a few months ago, they were only 2-layer and front-heavy.

Now they are 4-layer padding and provide a very balanced feel/fit; most likely the best version of this model to date.

And I believe that the ProSeries is their flagship model, meant to be a mix/balance of Grant-style and Winning-style.

While their most expensive model; Prime, is the one modeled after Grant.

I was under the impression the change to the Supersofts took place a couple years ago, did they make some new changes again recently? If so, now I have to buy ANOTHER pair, lol.

Love the gloves though, only change I'd like is to put a finger pad inside like on my Fairtex gloves, I find it more comfortable to grip and it feels more durable than pulling on the finger area seam like on my Sabas gloves.

I was under the impression the change to the Supersofts took place a couple years ago, did they make some new changes again recently? If so, now I have to buy ANOTHER pair, lol.

Love the gloves though, only change I'd like is to put a finger pad inside like on my Fairtex gloves, I find it more comfortable to grip and it feels more durable than pulling on the finger area seam like on my Sabas gloves.

Yup, the latest update is quite recent.

I have two pairs of SS, one I bought July 2017, the other was Septwmber or October 2017. When was the latest update?

I have two pairs of SS, one I bought July 2017, the other was Septwmber or October 2017. When was the latest update?

I believe around November 2017.

Are there any differences between your 2 SS's?

I believe around November 2017.

Are there any differences between your 2 SS's?

None that I have noticed, they seem identical in construction.
I have the Red/Black same as TS but in 14oz, and Black/Silver in 16oz.

Kinda wide but they fit perfectly? Judging leather based on smell? How much is Sabas paying you?

Any photos of the actual gloves instead of the stock photo?

I noticed they raised the price about 10 bucks, I was wondering why. Must have been the upgrade they made.

I noticed they raised the price about 10 bucks, I was wondering why. Must have been the upgrade they made.
I noticed that as well, wish I would have known and I would have waited a couple months to buy my gloves and get the newer version.

I just got sabas supersoft and tried them on today.
Compared to proseries, the padding is softer, already broken in. But the leather is not. Leather stiffness is the same as proseries, you need to break it in to soften up.
The striking surface is broader than proseries, hence make louder sound on mitt.
For me they give enough feedback on heavy bag, but I can feel that somebody will probably not like the softness.

Left: proseries 16oz,
Right: supersoft 16oz

Last edited:
Compared to proseries, the padding is softer, already broken in. But the leather is not. Leather stiffness is the same as proseries, you need to break it in to soften up.
The striking surface is broader than proseries, hence make louder sound on mitt.
For me they give enough feedback on heavy bag, but I can feel that somebody will probably not like the softness.

The size looks quite different. Have you weighed both series by any chance?

Close enough! I'm thinking of getting laced 16oz for sparring, if I do I'll make sure to weigh them to compare the laced version weight

Good assessment.
The softer foam in the supersoft gloves might not be to everyone's liking.
Much like Winning, not everyone likes the softer feel.

Good on Sabas to have the Pro Series and the Supersoft in their lineup though. These two models complement each other very well.

I sold all my sabas gloves to my friends. I didn't like the inner lining. it bunch up and clasp between my finger due to excessive material.
I wish they had inner lining similar to fly

Back