Sadam Ali vs Mauricio Herrera added to Dec.15th Canelo card

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25285078/david-lemieux-sadam-ali-canelo-alvarez-undercard

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25285078/david-lemieux-sadam-ali-canelo-alvarez-undercard

Former world titleholders David Lemieux and Sadam Ali will highlight the undercard of the Canelo Alvarez-Rocky Fielding undercard, Golden Boy Promotions announced Thursday.

Former middleweight titlist Lemieux will face Tureano Johnson in the 12-round co-feature on the card on Dec. 15 (DAZN) at Madison Square Garden in New York. Ali will face Mauricio Herrera in a 10-round fight.

Herrera probably comes up short in a close on like he always does.

edit-What the hell. My "E" Key must be wearing out.

Last edited:
I might actually see it on account of it being on Canelo's card, but if it hadn't been involved with the main event, I would never watch it. So perfect example of when to undercard a fight rather than try and make an unwanted headliner like LSC vs Flores.

I might actually see it on account of it being on Canelo's card, but if it hadn't been involved with the main event, I would never watch it. .
Really? I think it could be an OK scrap.

Well at least Herrera gets some attention off of a Canelo card. Was the first dude to give Danny Garcia a questionable fight. A crafty plumber who always gives a show, and more tricks in his bag than Khan or Matthysse. I’ve always enjoyed Herrera’s leaping jabs to the top or to the body. Albeit past it by now

Well at least Herrera gets some attention off of a Canelo card. Was the first dude to give Danny Garcia a questionable fight. A crafty plumber who always gives a show, and more tricks in his bag than Khan or Matthysse. I’ve always enjoyed Herrera’s leaping jabs to the top or to the body. Albeit past it by now
I actually thought Garcia edged that one. Just round by round, I thought he did enough. One of those weird fights where the winner got worked over.

Really? I think it could be an OK scrap.
It could be, but I feel both met their ceiling already and I work quite the heavy schedule so I miss many of the fights like this where it's just an interesting match but neither guy is super on the map atm. I actually like the matchup because it makes sense for both guys, but if boxing were a book, I'd be reading the abridged version right now for all the "good" parts and YT the smaller fights that were received well for excitement, competitive action and surprise after the fact more often than not.

Back