Safe sparring

The only safe sparring is no sparring and shadoe boxing

Light play sparring, like the Thai's do is completely safe.........shame the West is not the same.........like a few that know have said, it's all about the ego, sparring is about learning and not winning, save the winning for the fights.

So in light of recent events I have become unable to spar for who knows how long. I just know it's gonna be a while. I used to think you should spar every class, which for me would be something like four days a week. I also thought I was sparring light when perhaps I was not. So blah blah blah obligatory sherdoggers aren't pussys and we have hard sparring for breakfast eight days a week. What constitutes light sparring, and what constitutes hard sparring? Since even light knocks to the head, often enough, can lead to concussions, what is the best ratio of sparring to how often you go into the gym for both good improvement and health? What are the pitfalls to avoid and why? Discuss.

try "shadow" sparring, or what some may call "thai" sparring. You see clips of the Sitjaopho guys doing it quite a bit on IG. its fun stuff. Just go with someone that "gets it" and isnt a douche, and have fun. Great way to learn. keep everything fun and light.

^He didn't spar hard all the time

Back