Sage Northcutt is now 3-0 in the lightweight division

Magx951

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know sherdog is hating on him because they're jealous of his alpha genetics and can-do attitude, but i really think he looked amazing on saturday, and I think he's gonna be the next big superstar the UFC gets in terms of pay per views.

I feel like at this rate if he gets a 4 fight win streak he'll get a title shot within the next 2 years.. agree or disagree?

I know sherdog is hating on him because they're jealous of his alpha genetics and can-do attitude, but i really think he looked amazing on saturday, and I think he's gonna be the next big superstar the UFC gets in terms of pay per views.

I feel like at this rate if he gets a 4 fight win streak he'll get a title shot within the next 2 years.. agree or disagree?
This is the next big superstar:
20140204113030_erick_silva.JPG

He is still young and improving. Good prospect.
Give the kiddo some time.
The Tiger, Hot Prospect, Fountain of Youth, The Kinder Egg Boy, Brazil's Benjamin Buttons, Padawan

Last edited:
TAM was a good place for him, he can work on his sub d and take down d.

Id like to see him really implement leg kicks in to his game. He kicks good but doesnt really use leg kicks for some reason

Could say he’s 4-0 at LW really, Trevino missed weight but Sage was in at 155

And who has he beat?

Francisco Trevino (immediately cut after the fight)
Cody Pfister (cut one fight later)
Enrique Marin (immediately cut after the fight)
Michel Quinones (is going to be cut)

So the prior 3 guys he beat were immediately released (or released one fight later) and the guy he just beat is also going to be cut (and he could only take him to a decision even though the guy is 1/2 the athlete).

The trend here is to feed Sage the worst guys in the division while he builds up his confidence and figures out what kind of fighter he is (he is stuck between being an outfighter and a boxer-puncher, doesn't have the skillset to be either currently).

After a few years I just don't see it; you have to give him someone fringe top 20 to at least to make him relevant and from looking at UFC fighter roster you really have to scrape the bottom range to find guys for him to beat (i.e. #40+).

TAM was a good place for him, he can work on his sub d and take down d.

Id like to see him really implement leg kicks in to his game. He kicks good but doesnt really use leg kicks for some reason

Agreed -- and the leg kicks will be less risky once he irons out that defensive wrestling and grappling.

All against people I had never heard of before they fought him.

Looks like the UFC plans to make his career out of feeding him nobodies.

He’s beaten guys who are terrible give him better competition next and see what happens sink or swim.

The UFC is picking random guys off the streets to pad his record lol

He could have been fighting these guys at local circuits

And who has he beat?

Francisco Trevino (immediately cut after the fight)
Cody Pfister (cut one fight later)
Enrique Marin (immediately cut after the fight)
Michel Quinones (is going to be cut)

So the prior 3 guys he beat were immediately released (or released one fight later) and the guy he just beat is also going to be cut (and he could only take him to a decision even though the guy is 1/2 the athlete).

The trend here is to feed Sage the worst guys in the division while he builds up his confidence and figures out what kind of fighter he is (he is stuck between being an outfighter and a boxer-puncher, doesn't have the skillset to be either currently).

After a few years I just don't see it; you have to give him someone fringe top 20 to at least to make him relevant and from looking at UFC fighter roster you really have to scrape the bottom range to find guys for him to beat (i.e. #40+).
he's 20 dude..

Literally none of us can say anything yet.

He's just a baby In this game.

He should be getting easy / buildup fights for the forseeable future

he's 20 dude..

Literally none of us can say anything yet.

He's just a baby In this game.

He should be getting easy / buildup fights for the forseeable future

Exactly. I'd rather see him continue to round out his skills and face more manageable competition so he doesn't rise too fast and go bust like Erick Silva

I thought he was WW?

Doesn't matter who he's fought. Sage looked ultra impressive on Saturday.

I'm glad they're grooming him slowly, that's how you build stars. They went to aggressive with PVZ and see what happened.
Sage is very young and relatively new to MMA, he needs to be fed bottom of the barrel opponents for another year and then slowly bring him up to top 20 and so on.

Back