Sage will make the biggest mistake ever signing with ONE, and he will

Financially thats the best decision of his life. He will be making 10x times the money he did in the UFC

He got $60k to lose to Gall and $120k ($60k show and $60k win) when beating Quinones in his next fight so no, ONE might pay him more than the UFC would for a new contract but it won't be more than he was getting.

Why? He's on the UFC level and brings them ratings, thus making himsrlf a valuable asset. People actually want to watch him and he's improved.

Because right now ho's not good enough to beat the people has on a par with exposure wise. He needs to improve, like sometimes football players are "loaned" to other teams. He'll grow from the experience as an individual and a fighter.

As it is, he tends to be fighting undercard fighters on the main card and often falling short.

At least in a smaller organisation, he has the opportunity to grow. The UFC is not the place for that

10-CEC3-BF-7-D1-E-4-E9-D-B32-E-709838-F62-F51.jpg

Sure showed me wrong bro.
You're welcome. Hope you're phone starts working again soon.

The way I see this is if idiots are going to overpay you. Make sure you take as much of it as you can while they still have money. People got paid from Affliction until that died out. If DJ and Eddie are really making 10mil good for them but OneFC will definitely not be making that money back. Sage would be dumb not to take their money.

They will offer him money he can't refuse, but he will be forgotten there and possibly defeated by some of the bums they will throw at him, ruining his career early on.

That's what greed gives to you. You shouldn't have stopped attenting your christian classes, Sage.

Hes personality and amazing body is a 100% match for the asian market. Hes skills at this monent in time is also perfect for the One level of fighters. One is a perfect fit for him imo. forgotten about by who? The 1 m ppv buyers in the US? Who cares when u have millions of new asian fans....

Japan loves bodybuilders who can’t actually fight.

It’s a perfect match.

If he can get payed more from One than he can get from the UFC I think it's a good idea. He's not a top quality guy in the UFC and he's struggled against guys that are decent or better and gets hit a lot. He's young so he can always come back to the UFC after he improves in One for a few years.

IMO it would be the better move to make, there's only so much damage you can take before your potential as a fighter becomes diminished because you just cant take shots anymore and he can likely make more money while improving and not have a weak chin in his late 20s or early 30s.

Because right now ho's not good enough to beat the people has on a par with exposure wise. He needs to improve, like sometimes football players are "loaned" to other teams. He'll grow from the experience as an individual and a fighter.

As it is, he tends to be fighting undercard fighters on the main card and often falling short.

At least in a smaller organisation, he has the opportunity to grow. The UFC is not the place for that

What is this blabbering?
Yes, he lost to fighters that are less popular than him. So? What's the problem with that?
Let me tell you a secret: he's more popular than 90% of UFC roster, top 10 fighters included.
So he should be a top 5 and only then you'll be satisfied?

And why exactly cannot he grow in the UFC? Or ONE?
News flash: he already does. His last fight was a big victory for him that showed his vast improvement.

The way I see this is if idiots are going to overpay you. Make sure you take as much of it as you can while they still have money. People got paid from Affliction until that died out. If DJ and Eddie are really making 10mil good for them but OneFC will definitely not be making that money back. Sage would be dumb not to take their money.
the issue is if they sign a contract for like 8 fights but one fc is defunct 2 years from now, id imagine like half of the contract doesnt get completed. most of these "8 figure deals" are cuz of the amount of fights. just guaranteed money

if one fc tanks in 2020 or late next year these guys are gonna end up with a quarter of fifth of that million dollar deal.

They will offer him money he can't refuse, but he will be forgotten there and possibly defeated by some of the bums they will throw at him, ruining his career early on.

That's what greed gives to you. You shouldn't have stopped attenting your christian classes, Sage.
No would be good jounes ufc way to early. Builds his experience anyway his ufc record aint bad. Most guys start on the ufc in their 20s early 30s. Eddie Alvarez and many other fighters fought in Asia and had a great career. Tbh more people need to so this. Come to.the ufc in your build up your stock.

Just like Ben Askren right?
Not really the same. Ben was already elite and beat better competition then what One had to offer. Sage wouldn't be the best in the division at One and would likely lose eventually, losing any draw and future money he could make.

One FC = more money, easier fights, more fame, crazy japanese fans who will worship him.

Can't really see the downside.

Isn't that the org that allows soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent?

Sage will be huge in the Philippines when One does shows there. It's one of the few countries that has an overwhelming positive opinion on the US. The girls there will absolutely throw themselves at Sage.

This could be a good strategy if the UFC wants to cross promote. Sage could possibly become the champ in One. In a few years a Champ vs Champ event in Asia could be gigantic. That's playing the long game though. I'm not entirely sure WME thinks that far ahead.

What is this blabbering?
Yes, he lost to fighters that are less popular than him. So? What's the problem with that?
Let me tell you a secret: he's more popular than 90% of UFC roster, top 10 fighters included.
So he should be a top 5 and only then you'll be satisfied?

And why exactly cannot he grow in the UFC? Or ONE?
News flash: he already does. His last fight was a big victory for him that showed his vast improvement.

What is this blabbering?..

I dunno .. Ask your mom, what the fuck? I dunno what's going on outside your basement

As for my comment. I believe it is a good idea that he grows on a stage where he will be a little bit more visible than the regionals in Murca. One is a place where he'll be better placed to hone his skills on a stage that will see him exposed. Him being more popular than fighters in the top 10 speaks to his commercial value. I'm talking about his development as a fighter. I think he'll grow in a way that benefits him as an athlete in the long run more than trying to find guys that can't beat him but allow him to learn from them...Just my opinion.

The dumbest argument I have ever heard.
We have seen a lot of guys that built or rebuilt their name outside the UFC. Askren, Rumble, Arlovski. Go where the most money is while you can. One bad KO can end a career.

He can come back to the UFC after a few years if he wants to, or maybe he earns so much in One that he doesn't have to fight any more. If he keeps winning, they will beg to have him back.

What is this blabbering?..

I dunno .. Ask your mom, what the fuck? I dunno what's going on outside your basement

As for my comment. I believe it is a good idea that he grows on a stage where he will be a little bit more visible than the regionals in Murca. One is a place where he'll be better placed to hone his skills on a stage that will see him exposed. Him being more popular than fighters in the top 10 speaks to his commercial value. I'm talking about his development as a fighter. I think he'll grow in a way that benefits him as an athlete in the long run more than trying to find guys that can't beat him but allow him to learn from them...Just my opinion.

Another blabbering. Can you please make your points somewhat coherent?

You stated that Sage loses to fighters less popular than him and presented it like it's something that he should work on.
Also you said that regional orgs will make him develop more than UFC/ONE.

So please refer to these points, and be consistent.

I don't see how I can be clearer. FFS.

I think he'll benefit from fighting outside of the UFC for a while.

My reasoning.

He's at the level of pay and popularity that would make it hard to find guys outside the top 10 to fight. And I don't see him beating many of the top 10 right now.

I think putting him in there (moving forward) against the guys earning the money he is will stunt his growth as a fighter because they are at too high of a level. The guys he CAN beat right now are not doing much for his growth or exposure. That's it.

Back