Said it in past & will say it again. Kevin Lee is the right guy for defeating Khabib.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Defeating Khabib will take as much mental prowess as technique. Every fighter fought against Khabib went their psychologically defeated before the fight started. Everyone of his opponent went there thinking too much of defending his takedown & surviving there.

You will need someone who won't respect Khabib's wrestling & will match him in that department as much as he will have the ability to take that fight while standing. Kevin Lee is the right guy who can put a fight against Khabib. He won't be afraid of Khabib's wrestling While even if he gets taken down he will be looking for submission from his guard rather merely trying to survive there. In this extent Tony seems to be a better choice but I think Lee is more stronger in his core so he can be more resilient than Tony against Khabib's grip strength.

Khabib is like this year's Manchester City. You show them respect & give them some space then they will tear you apart but if you show no respect to them & take the fight to them while pressing hard you can easily dismantle them.

IMO Kevin Lee is the guy who can take that fight to Khabib without being psychologically defeated

@VanMMA

Last edited:
I want to see it.

The grappling will be very very intriguing

Yeah, but Lee has to actually cut to 155 lbs to fight Khabib. Fat chance of that happening

Lol didn’t Iaquinta BEAT Kevin Lee?

Lee’s defensive wrestling is mediocre, his cardio is suspect, and his wrestling is INFERIOR to Khabibs.

Not to mention his chin is suspect. He’s been ROCKED in a big chunk of his fights.

Lee’s defensive wrestling is mediocre, his cardio is suspect, and his wrestling is INFERIOR to Khabibs.

Not to mention his chin is suspect. He’s been ROCKED in a big chunk of his fights.

How is his defensive wrestling weak, you are making up bs. His lost to Al was when he was 21 and it was practically a stand up battle. You're just a fanboy

Defeating Khabib will take as much mental prowess as technique. Every fighter fought against Khabib went their psychologically defeated before the fight started. Everyone of his opponent went there thinking too much of defending his takedown & surviving there.

You will need someone who won't respect Khabib's wrestling & will match him in that department as much as he will have the ability to take that fight while standing. Kevin Lee is the right guy who can put a fight against Khabib. He won't be afraid of Khabib's wrestling While even if he gets taken down he will be looking for submission from his guard rather merely trying to survive there. In this extent Tony seems to be a better choice but I think Lee is more stronger in his core so he can be more resilient than Tony against Khabib's grip strength.

Khabib is like this year's Manchester City. You show them respect & give them some space then they will tear you apart but if you show no respect to them & take the fight to them while pressing hard you can easily dismantle them.

IMO Kevin Lee is the guy who can take that fight to Khabib without being psychologically defeated

@VanMMA
Yep, you will also need someone who is too heavy for the weight class to make the weight so that he can overpower Khabib. If Lee goes back to the dressing room to "finish" his weight cut, he shows up as half the man he was tonight and you would get the same tired performance he showed against Ferguson.

Not a chance in hell. Khabib would wear him down just like everyone else he faces.

Yep, you will also need someone who is too heavy for the weight class to make the weight so that he can overpower Khabib. If Lee goes back to the dressing room to "finish" his weight cut, he shows up as half the man he was tonight and you would get the same tired performance he showed against Ferguson.

Are you forgetting about Khabib's fight against Trujillo? He came out at 158.8. It's not that Khabib is innocent in this regard.

It'll be interesting to see how he'll handle Kevin's grappling/wrestling.

How is his defensive wrestling weak, you are making up bs. His lost to Al was when he was 21 and it was practically a stand up battle. You're just a fanboy

>Excuses Lee for losing to Iaquinta

>Criticizes Khabib for 50-43 BLOWOUT of Iaquinta

BTW I don’t see Khabib getting outwrestled and KO’d by BJJ guys

giphy.gif

<36>

I'm a known hater of most fighters and a piece of shit poster as well.

Wow I never thought you would be so upfront and confess what everyone already knows. Good on you!
Lee is Khabib poison. I'm guessing he has to win one more because of Ramadan. Let him fight Porier and the winner gets Khabib.

Wow I never thought you would be so upfront and confess what everyone already knows. Good on you!
Lee is Khabib poison. I'm guessing he has to win one more because of Ramadan. Let him fight Porier and the winner gets Khabib.

Stop lol, Lee almost got KNOCKED OUT by Khabibs leftovers AND got slapped around by Iaquinta(another Khabib leftover)

As far as any “hating” goes, look at my post history you goof. I’ve been one of the OG Kevin Lee Supporters, before you bandwagoners made it a thing.

Just being realistic: Kevin Lee is a POOR MANS Khabib.

<seedat>

In Lee's first fight in the UFC,that fight shouldn't hold too much weight as much as Max Hollaway's loss to Dennis Bermudez. Fighters do improve overtime but of course in Sherdog some people seem to ignore that for some asinine reason.

MMA Math dont work playboy, Mj TKO'd Poirier, Poirier TKO'd Gatjhe and Gathje TKO'D MJ

>Excuses Lee for losing to Iaquinta

>Criticizes Khabib for 50-43 BLOWOUT of Iaquinta

BTW I don’t see Khabib getting outwrestled and KO’d by BJJ guys
giphy.gif

<36>

Frankie Edgar had the same treatment but worse,at least the guy who beat Kevin also beat GSP(in a BJJ tournament)

I agree with this assessment. While Khabib is the toughest matchup in the division, Lee has the skills to defeat him and even finish Khabib. All signs point to Lee being the future of the division.

Are you forgetting about Khabib's fight against Trujillo? He came out at 158.8. It's not that Khabib is innocent in this regard.
No... all of my posts reflect that cutters equal duckers. That is why my GOAT list has Fedor at #1, B.J. Penn at #2 and the rest after that at whichever order anyone wants to place them.

Khabib is walking around right now at 200lbs "bragging" about how he is the new 155lb champion.

Back