News Sakakibara - "Misunderstanding" settled. Floyd vs Tenshin back on.

it's pretty bizarre how people take this seriously. it's a joke and has been since the beginning. there's nothing to get angry about but also don't believe anything.

Oh I know better. I'm just eating popcorn watching it all unfold. If it happens fine. If it doesn't, also fine.

Either way, Rizin is probably done.

Poser? Okay, no fanboy here, but get real: Mayweather is one of the most accomplished combat athletes in the history of combat sports. Probably moreso than any MMA fighter. He's not posing as shit, Conor wanted big money so he challenged Floyd to a boxing match we all knew he would lose. Similarly, Rizin is using the fact that Floyd alone is bigger than their entire company to get some attention. Floyd likes the attention, he likes to get paid. He is not and never will be an MMA fighter, and he never tried to be. He's still richer than anybody in the entire MMA business and a more accomplished fighter than anyone in all of MMA. And this is coming from a guy who is a total MMA homer.

Check yourself.
there's no reason to take any of this seriously. this is just marketing, not sport. nothing to do with actual competition. it's not even related to mma other than the promotional affiliation.

The posts on this thread are exactly why MMA remains a niche sport when compared to Boxing. Even worse it’s the niche of the niche with Rizin.

It’s an exhibition. This isn’t your typical JMMA freak show fight with 60 year old grandmas and roided out female body builders. It’s going to be a glorified sparring match. Anyone who’s trained even a little bit can understand this, except for you JBG mongoloids.

It’s a mutually beneficial relationship. Nobody is coming in there to kill anybody. Floyd taps into the Asian market with Mayweather Promotions, and Rizin is given an aura of credibility they so desperately seek outside of Japan.

I guess some man in black suits knocked at Floyd's door.

I’m also 100% convinced Saki tried to pull his typical shady bullshit, and received a huge blowback from his investors when it fell through. He can probably get away with whatever yakuza mob nonsense he pulls with lesser combat fighters trying to make a name for themselves, but the arrogance to try it on someone of Floyd’s stature is hilarious.

They've probably got some on / off bullshit scripted for the media right up to the week of the fight where it finally gets confirmed 'off'.

can follow that career path...the only obvious difference being that kickboxing isn't huge anymore.
This is the major caveat right here. Kickboxing is basically dead, and even when he fights now, it is on MMA cards. Fighting Floyd is hugely ambitious and clearly a sign that they want to make him 'Conor of the East' and are trying something hugely ambitious with him. It's possible he follows Masato's blue print but I notice even more of a push for him, and in the back drop of modern fighting, I sense possibly high profile mixed rule fights and MMA in addition to his kick boxing.

Ya but Japan’s a little different. In the US conor would be screwed. Likely banned by the athletic commission for life etc
Good point. I don't think there's any doubt tho that Floyd will take precautions to prevent getting kicked or humiliated, in any means he can. Tenshin would go down in history tho.

You’re flipping out online over someone you don’t know and has no effect on your life. It was the necessary response.

It's a discussion forum. I dont like Floyd. Never have.

Poser? Okay, no fanboy here, but get real: Mayweather is one of the most accomplished combat athletes in the history of combat sports. Probably moreso than any MMA fighter. He's not posing as shit, Conor wanted big money so he challenged Floyd to a boxing match we all knew he would lose. Similarly, Rizin is using the fact that Floyd alone is bigger than their entire company to get some attention. Floyd likes the attention, he likes to get paid. He is not and never will be an MMA fighter, and he never tried to be. He's still richer than anybody in the entire MMA business and a more accomplished fighter than anyone in all of MMA. And this is coming from a guy who is a total MMA homer.

Check yourself.

Hes being a poser by signing up to fight with MMA guys and and saying "punches only". Just fuckin box boxers then.

Floyd is not a poser in boxing. Hes an undefeated defensive boring ass saftey boxer.

I dont need to check shit.

It's a discussion forum. I dont like Floyd. Never have.

How much money did you lose betting against him?

Hes being a poser by signing up to fight with MMA guys and and saying "punches only". Just fuckin box boxers then.

Floyd is not a poser in boxing. Hes an undefeated defensive boring ass saftey boxer.

I dont need to check shit.

It’s not like he’s the one calling these guys out. They seek him out, already knowing what the deal will have to be.

It’s a mutually beneficial relationship. Nobody is coming in there to kill anybody. Floyd taps into the Asian market with Mayweather Promotions, and Rizin is given an aura of credibility they so desperately seek outside of Japan.

Great, everyone wins... except anyone that's being asked to pay for it

Hopefully Tenshin headkicks the annoying mug unconscious anyway. Fuck it.

This is pRIdeZIN's time to rise once again.... now's your shot, Sakakibara.... now or never.

How much money did you lose betting against him?

It’s not like he’s the one calling these guys out. They seek him out, already knowing what the deal will have to be.

Yeah right like I'm going to choose against Mayweather in a boxing match against an MMA Guy.

Stupid matches and those wins are not really wins. There's no challenge there

I... Just... Can't.... Believe ... This!!! Is this fight actually happening? Make your bets, guys!! I'd still bet on Tenshin even if the fight is under box's rules... this guy seems just unbeatable.

It's a pity it will be only a 3 rounds fight.

Mayweather is insisting it will be only a promotional match... I think this means he's kinda afraid of losing and ruining his unbeatable record lol.

I am looking forward to this fight. I want to see how Tenshin looks against Floyd. It is an intriguing match for me. There is a chance they both come out to fight even though it is an exhibition.

Tenshin's main thing is his kicks - him trying to box a boxer and think he'll win is a dumb PR move - much like Connor. Then again, I'm sure he'll get paid - so his main task will be not getting KOd - which is not that hard against Floyd, who usually wears his opponents out, so his KOs mostly come in late after 7 rounds.

Back