Sammy Sosa going for that white privilege

Yes, but he is assuming "black" people "loathe" everything white. I never ever heard of Dominicans loathing "whites".
I don't see what any of that has to do with being black. Being black is a natural thing, not something that is due to ideology or culture. Someone cannot be raised, schooled or groomed to be black.

Also, black is not a distinction exclusive to African-Americans. I myself am black, but not an African-American.

And Dominican is not a race, but a nationality. Sammy Sosa is a black Dominican.

in the dominican being white is way better than being black. you can meet a girl that is clearly morena and she will pretend like she has zero black heritage. most black dominicans are assumed to be haitians that crossed the border, and are absolutely treated like second class citizens

I don't see what any of that has to do with being black. Being black is a natural thing, not something that is due to ideology or culture. Someone cannot be raised, schooled or groomed to be black.

Also, black is not a distinction exclusive to African-Americans. I myself am black, but not an African-American.

And Dominican is not a race, but a nationality. Sammy Sosa is a black Dominican.

Because he is lumping Sosa with American blacks and their perceived view of hateing Whittey. Come on don't be daft.

Nobody is saying he is not black. What we are saying is Dominican blacks are different culturally than American blacks.

Because he is lumping Sosa with American blacks and their perceived view of hateing Whittey. Come on don't be daft.

Nobody is saying he is not black. What we are saying is Dominican blacks are different culturally than American blacks.
There'd be a lot less confusion if you'd not refer to being black as exclusively being African American and not referring to Dominican as a race.

Weird, just weird. Both the transformation, and people saying Sosa isn't/wasn't black.

Weird, just weird. Both the transformation, and people saying Sosa isn't/wasn't black.

Black in Latin America is view different. Someone like Raven wouldn't be considered black in most Latin America countries.

He was cooler when he was all gassed up.

Now he looks like some soccer dad whose wife yells at him a lot.

Sammy Sosa is black? Dude has been repping the DR his entire life, is this one of those one drop rule things?

<puh-lease75>

<LikeReally5>

Uh sammys clearly got a bit more than a drop

Being a light-skin brotha is the way to go. You get to play the race card and get some of that white privilege...

Such a fucken travesty. He was a badass once upon a time..Never forget his home run trot

Back