San Diego bound.. suggestions?

Mark Hunts FIST

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Group of guys going to the belly of the beast...San Diego California.

Any suggestions on things we need to check out?

Go to TJ and see the donkey show.

Maritime museum or the USS Midway. Both are awesome and they're right next to each other. Maritime museum has all kinds of stuff including a Russian and American submarine you can go in

La Jolla Cove.

Any beach. As a matter of fact since you're with pure dudes you should go to Black's Beach. You guys will have a nice bonding experience.

Bunch of guys ... San Diego ..... sounds fucking ghey.

Go to vegas and have an alcohol and gambling fueled bender.

If you like crowds head to San Diego, otherwise turnaround and head someplace else.

Goto Coronado and yell obscenities at those Navy Seals pussies while they train.
110503-seals-hmed-1p.jpg

I love San Diego and usually take a trip there once a year. The Gaslamp is a great area for hitting up the bars and restaurants. It's by Petco Field (Home of the Padres) and the Convention Center. If you have a rental car,expect to pay a small fortune when parking it at your hotel or downtown. I usually stay in the La Jolla area or North County area.

What are your interests or hobbies? This would with making recommendations. I'd also check and see if there are any festivals going on.

Things I liked:

USS Midway is cool. I think it cost like $10 but worth it. If you don't want to go inside, you can take photos and walk around. They have various displays, sailor kissing statue, and various boats. We did a dinner cruise with Hornblower. They also do tours of the harbor.

Seaworld
Balboa Park
La Jolla Cove
Safari Land
Old Town San Diego
Olympic Training Center - It's located in Chula Vista, and not many people go to it, but I liked walking around it and seeing various athletes training.
Pacific Beach

I know people rave about In and Out Burger, but I recommend eating Mexican at various restaurants/taco stands. Try a California Burrito.

Stone Brewery is down there. Do a brew tour.

As other have said, Midway is worth it.

Check out Kansas City BBQ to see where the bar scene from Top Gun was filmed if you're a fan of the movie. Food is good too.

Avoid the giant sprawls of homeless unless you want to catch the Hep.

Back