San Diego vs. Sharia

I'm not talking about progressivism as an ideology, I'm talking about progressivism as a tactic, being implemented by cultural marxists. I don't think I mentioned the word liberal in any of my posts, because cultural marxists and modern leftists aren't liberal.
I was listening to a show the other day saying that liberal is not the same as it was. It's like a whole new meaning today. Like there is a battle for the term liberal.

Fair enough. I've personally never encountered large swaths of these people, although I don't get around City Heights very much - which according to the article seems to be where they are concentrated. Interesting that the article states that some of them came here as part of a military program to train Somali military and stayed after civil war broke out.

Nation building at it's finest.

My father was born in the mid fifties, my mother was born in the early sixties, they were both raised in El Cajon. When they were growing up El Cajon was 90+% white. Now it's probably about 30% white. The biggest part of the white population is the baby boomers and the elderly who won't be having anymore children. When they pass on the white population will probably be less than 20% white. In my parents lifetime, their hometown has essentially been ethnically cleansed.

My dad went to El Cajon HS. He said there was one black kid at ECHS at the time. Now you are hard pressed to find one white kid at ECHS.

These are not organic occurrences. This is a deliberate policy. These are things that need to be discussed. Look at black Americans, they are vehemently opposed to the gentrification of their neighborhoods. They organize and fight against it.

That part of your post about the Somalis is crazy, I've never heard that before.

I am becoming a minority in the city I grew up in

My father was born in the mid fifties, my mother was born in the early sixties, they were both raised in El Cajon. When they were growing up El Cajon was 90+% white. Now it's probably about 30% white. The biggest part of the white population is the baby boomers and the elderly who won't be having anymore children. When they pass on the white population will probably be less than 20% white. In my parents lifetime, their hometown has essentially been ethnically cleansed.

My dad went to El Cajon HS. He said there was one black kid at ECHS at the time. Now you are hard pressed to find one white kid at ECHS.

These are not organic occurrences. This is a deliberate policy. These are things that need to be discussed. Look at black Americans, they are vehemently opposed to the gentrification of their neighborhoods. They organize and fight against it.

That part of your post about the Somalis is crazy, I've never heard that before.

The part about the Somali military is in the article you posted.

I went to El Cajon high school for one year. It's a pretty rough school, and always had been known to be that way as far as I can remember. As far as San Diego in general goes, East County is cheaper, so naturally you are going to have the problems you speak about - whether it's with white, black, Mexican, or whatever - I'm more of an opinion that it's socio-economics than race.

When I went to El Cajon high, I was living on Greenfield in El Cajon, which was all white people, and it was just as scary as any other neighborhood that is poor and trashy.

The video in the first post.

Anti-bullying and acknowledging Islam holidays is really that terrible? Don't we already do that for Christians? It's not like they're forcing kids to get on their knees and pray or anything like that.

It's not like they've injected their religious beliefs into the Pledge of Allegiance or anything.

The idea that of progressiveness as a tactic is a fantasy from those that see the world changing and can't accept that change as something that would naturally happen.

The Hart-Cellar immigration law is not organic change, it was a deliberate policy to alter the demographics of the U.S.

As I wrote in my previous post, the cultural Marxist "long march through the institutions" was not organic change, it was a deliberate strategy by cultural marxists to infiltrate U.S. institutions.

The coordinated effort by academia/universities, media/hollywood, and left wing politicians to champion issues and causes, often issues and causes that the Frankfurt school identified as being necessary to tear down impediments to communism in the West, is not organic. It is a deliberate effort to fundamentally transform Western society so that the people of the West would be more susceptible to accepting communism.

The idea that progressivism isn't a tactic contradicts the established reality of those who declare use it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(book)

Nudge-cover.jpg

The Hart-Cellar immigration law is not organic change, it was a deliberate policy to alter the demographics of the U.S.

As I wrote in my previous post, the cultural Marxist "long march through the institutions" was not organic change, it was a deliberate strategy by cultural marxists to infiltrate U.S. institutions.

The coordinated effort by academia/universities, media/hollywood, and left wing politicians to champion issues and causes, often issues and causes that the Frankfurt school identified as being necessary to tear down impediments to communism in the West, is not organic. It is a deliberate effort to fundamentally transform Western society so that the people of the West would be more susceptible to accepting communism.

The idea that progressivism isn't a tactic contradicts the established reality of those who declare use it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(book)

Nudge-cover.jpg

Clearly you have not read that book, or really understand what it is about.

Anti-bullying and acknowledging Islam holidays is really that terrible? Don't we already do that for Christians? It's not like they're forcing kids to get on their knees and pray or anything like that.

It's not like they've injected their religious beliefs into the Pledge of Allegiance or anything.
If you're coming as a refugee from a country riddled with war, oppression...aren't you just glad to be living in a country with so much freedom given equally instead of nitpicking on what might offend you?

If you're coming as a refugee from a country riddled with war, oppression...aren't you just glad to be living in a country with so much freedom given equally instead of nitpicking on what might offend you?

Absolutely. I wasn't aware that every single Muslim in America fell under that category though. I thought Muslims came from all walks of life.

Fuck Islam.

Doesn't get much clearer than...

If you look at what the school will be doing, such as marking food that does not contain pork, and giving Muslim student that ability to go to the library instead of lunch during Ramadan the school is just making accommodations for there religion as they are required to because of the first amendment.

Clearly you have not read that book, or really understand what it is about.

No, I havent, but it is basically saying nudge people in the "correct" direction. That's what Hollywood, the media, academia, and the left wing intelligentsia coordinate to do. Create a narrative that is reinforced through pop culture, the entertainment industry, the media, and the education system that permeates through the entire culture until is accepted on a generational basis. Maybe that book wasn't the best example I was on my way out the door, so it's what I used.

What about the rest of my post? Are those examples natural organic change?

If you look at what the school will be doing, such as marking food that does not contain pork, and giving Muslim student that ability to go to the library instead of lunch during Ramadan the school is just making accommodations for there religion as they are required to because of the first amendment.

The pork isn't an abridgment. It's a dietary staple in this country and kids with special religious needs are free to bring their own lunches. As for going to the library, if other kids have that same option then so be it. If there's reasons against it then the Muslims can read their books in the lunchroom. Neither of those policies would be designed to suppress their beliefs. If it's than untenable for the non-assimilating snowflakes there is always the option of homeschooling.

If not respecting was the same as abridging you'd have a point. But they aren't. Unless you think the Bill of Rights immediately contradicts itself?

The other question I have is this. Who wins out, the Islam agenda or the tranny bathroom agenda? Eventually that's gonna clash.

No, I havent, but it is basically saying nudge people in the "correct" direction. That's what Hollywood, the media, academia, and the left wing intelligentsia coordinate to do. Create a narrative that is reinforced through pop culture, the entertainment industry, the media, and the education system that permeates through the entire culture until is accepted on a generational basis. Maybe that book wasn't the best example I was on my way out the door, so it's what I used.

What about the rest of my post? Are those examples natural organic change?

That is not what the book is about. It is about nudging people into certain choices by the way those choices are presented. Such as increasing the number of organ donors my making people choose yes or no to organ donation instead of simply having to opt in. Thing is there is still a choice.

Of course the issue with saying there has been this push in media and academia that is coordinated ignores that fact that not all of academia is liberal leaning. Go to any business school or economic school and you will find a far more right leaning place. As for media, well those things change after movements have become popular already. You did not see gay characters back in the 70's when gays started there fight, but long after, when there was already broad acceptance.

The pork isn't an abridgment. It's a dietary staple in this country and kids with special religious needs are free to bring their own lunches. As for going to the library, if other kids have that same option then so be it. If there's reasons against it then the Muslims can read their books in the lunchroom. Neither of those policies would be designed to suppress their beliefs. If it's than untenable for the non-assimilating snowflakes there is always the option of homeschooling.

If not respecting was the same as abridging you'd have a point. But they aren't. Unless you think the Bill of Rights immediately contradicts itself?

Never claimed it was a violation of anyone's rights. I said it was an accommodation, there is a difference. Schools and other government entities have been making accommodations for religious beliefs for many many years. Including for some branches of Christianity, like offering meatless lunches during lent.

Never claimed it was a violation of anyone's rights. I said it was an accommodation, there is a difference. Schools and other government entities have been making accommodations for religious beliefs for many many years. Including for some branches of Christianity, like offering meatless lunches during lent.

Sorry for the confusion. It didn't occur to me you somehow thought special accommodations were somehow different than "respecting". Because they aren't.

Sounds then like some other school policies should also come under scrutiny. Fuck Christians and Jews too that want special accommodations from public institutions.

it's really bad, especially in the El Cajon area

San Diego is, by far, the number one location of refugee settlement in the last 15 or so years (for the US). I'm from there, and i'll say this, nobody cared when it was Asian refugees mainly.....
I live here in el Cajon right now, there's a reason its called "little Bagdad" and it fits... Sort of. We have a large population of Persian Chaldeans' not Arab Muslims. So not really a lot of sharia being forced on anyone here.

I live here in el Cajon right now, there's a reason its called "little Bagdad" and it fits... Sort of. We have a large population of Persian Chaldeans' not Arab Muslims. So not really a lot of sharia being forced on anyone here.
So they aren't so bad?

Do you know their religion if they have one?

Back