Santos: P*$$y Askrens demands don't make sense the fight. Fight might be off

While it's not a title fight, it's still a fight and for Askren, it's a lose lose situation if the guy comes in at 205lbs and while that seems absurd for a guy who weighed in at 172lbs, it's crazy that he says after rehydrating, he's already at 190lbs. WTF? 18lbs in less than 12 hours and supposedly before he even ate? Safe to assume without Askren's "demands", Santos would be walking into the cage at 205? Damn

The real pussy is Santos, who can't make 190 lbs (!) for a 170 lbs title fight. Move up and pick on guys your own size if you're such a badass, dipshit.

The real pussy is Santos, who can't make 190 lbs (!) for a 170 lbs title fight. Move up and pick on guys your own size if you're such a badass, dipshit.

Yup being overseas I can see how one could miss weight but to stop trying to make 170 with an hour to still available to make it official followed by making zero attempt to what should be an easy 190lb catchweight.... The guys a joke.

Now Askren can say he quit twice.

That'll burn.

So a fighter can miss weight even with the weight cutting allowed? Oh no:)

The sooner weight cutting is banned the better.

Most guys at 170 come into fight night around 190-195...how fukken big is Santos? GSP used to walk into the Octagon at 188 and then later on in his career, he walked into the Octagon at 192-195lbs. Shame on Santos

Woodley fought Kelvin a much better fighter who missed weight by way more and even gave him his money back. So in some ways it is a bit lame from Askren as Santos is going to be just as big as if he has weighed in correctly.

I don't blame Askren though, the guy fucked the Title fight by missing weight. But to say Santos has an advantage seems like a stretch to me. He weighed in two pounds over, and cut for longer than Askren though he only made it to 172.

I get it though from Ben it's totally up to him. If he loses he's pretty much lost all his luster over there. So to make Santos make a sacrifice is fair.

But if he doesn't fight the event is ruined. So it's got to be hard for him.

Then email Woodley and ask him to fight.

Well... I guess diuretics and steroids make easy to be a giant WW.

I really wanted to see this fight but I can see why Askren put his conditions.

Well... I guess diuretics and steroids make easy to be a giant WW.

I really wanted to see this fight but I can see why Askren put his conditions.

Same here. Askren didn't just say Santos had to make 190, Askren would also have to make 190 which is more than fair.

Ben Askren waited seven months for his welterweight rematch with Luis Santos. Just hours before the fight, however, he found out it’s not going to happen.

After Santos missed weight by two pounds on Thursday, today’s ONE Championship 32 welterweight championship main event was downgraded to a non-title affair. Askren (14-0) demanded Santos (61-9-1) weigh in again on fight day at no more than 190 pounds, but the Brazilian failed to meet the requirements.

Due to Santos’ inability to keep his weight under that threshold, the originally scheduled headliner of the card at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore will no longer take place.

Read more:http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/ben-as...-championship-32-after-opponent-misses-weight

I wish that they still fought.

20151112075212_IMG_8917eweb.JPG

santos and his hgh gut, lol, he is the real pussy for cutting so much weight and FAILING

This guy is ridiculous, supposed to fight at 170 and cannot make 190 and talking shit about his opponent who did make the weight

This should be a career killer honestly

He also said that he rehydrated and was 190 before eating food. He could just skip dinner then breakfast and he would have made weight.

Fuck em. Hope they cut him.

Feel bad that Askren isn't going to get paid, though. Can they get some bum to fill in at the last minute? This is Asia, after all.

Back