Sardines in a can I love them

Kitafuji

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These used to be my dinner as a kid 3 times a week because we were poor.
I still eat at least 4 cans a week now. I love them still.
How about my sherbros........Do you love them too?
bumble-bee-sardines-in-hot-sauce.jpg
Canned-Sardines-in-Oil.jpg

Ok in a sandwich with mayo and onions. Be prepared for the annoying "you sound poor" memes.

TS confirmed Biggie Smalls reincarnation.

I've never understood how to eat them. Do you eat the skin and bones whole? The fish smell is too overwhelming for me to try them.

I would have them on white bread with yellow mustard and chopped white onions when I was broke and single. I've got fond memories, though I don't eat them that often any more.

I've never understood how to eat them. Do you eat the skin and bones whole? The fish smell is too overwhelming for me to try them.

You open the can and eat them whole. I use a fork.

It’s not only a poor person food it’s also an ugly persons food.

Ok in a sandwich with mayo and onions. Be prepared for the annoying "you sound poor" memes.

funny thing is, I make really good money but I still eat them for lunch or a snack all the time.
I always have 12 or so can in the pantry at all times.

The fish skin tho... seems kinda gross.

I used to really like sardines in tomato sauce, and then one day, the taste didn't agree with me.

Far better than canned tuna and cheaper. Tossed it with olives and pasta.

My father always put them on his pizza like some Tom and Jerry character.

Shit made me laugh back in the day.

I agree they are great. Mot people won't even try them though.

You can eat them whole. With that type of fish you don't even notice the skin at all. They do have spines but the spines are fairly soft and supposedly very good for you.

Personally I split them in half longways with a fork and remove the spines. Then I put the pieces of fish on crackers and put some hot sauce on them. It doesn't sound good, I know, but I promise it's really good.

Last edited:
I remember sardines and rice in my youth time. Fishy as hell, but somehow delicious.

Idk if I'd eat them now, I do love pickled herring in Wine sauce though, yummm...

My dad used to eat them whole and make this gross sucking noise. All while drinking a glass of buttermilk. Never knew if he actually enjoyed it or just did it to gross my mom and I out.

Back